What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

fish eel

Immortal
Spike said:
Is there any details of him re-signing, an Eels press release of something?

All I know is that he is under contract for 06. that's how it was conveyed to me. so perhaps we had an option on him that nobody here knew about?

If thats wrong, then I've been told a porky by somebody who should know better!

Pazza

First Grade
Harrison is a awesome player, he's inclusion would take our pack to a whole new level. Very strong in all aspects of the game, has great leadership skills and is still young.

I wouldnt offer him 300k, but 220k isnt far off the mark.

Pazza

First Grade
Avenger said:
If we bought Harrison it would be detrimental to the careers of H. Perenara, M. Perenara and F. Mateo.

Harrison is a proven first grader who is on Near SOO form in a very poor performing team. These other guys have potential but who knows if they are going to forfill it?

Another guy i would be keen on is M Crocker, I dont like him but i can see him contributing greatly to the team in tough fought forward battles.

I use to have a real hate for Tahu, now i love the guy

Hurriflatch

Referee
fish eel said:
All I know is that he is under contract for 06. that's how it was conveyed to me. so perhaps we had an option on him that nobody here knew about?

If thats wrong, then I've been told a porky by somebody who should know better!

Must've been an option because I know for a fact last year the press release said that he had been re-signed for 1 year.

Avenger

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Must've been an option because I know for a fact last year the press release said that he had been re-signed for 1 year.

Must have been similar to the option on Grothe's contract in 04 that we did not know about. Widders down. Now Grothe and Morris to go.

Hurriflatch

Referee
actually I knew of Grothe's option quite a while before it became general knowledge but I hadn't heard anything about Deano having the same.

I'd prefer not to know and it be true rather then knowing he is off contract and worrying about him getting re-signed.

The Colonel

Immortal
Pazza said:
Harrison is a proven first grader who is on Near SOO form in a very poor performing team. These other guys have potential but who knows if they are going to forfill it?

Another guy i would be keen on is M Crocker, I dont like him but i can see him contributing greatly to the team in tough fought forward battles.

I use to have a real hate for Tahu, now i love the guy

I wouldn't say no to Crocker.

Harrison is a good player however he looks like he wants to go back north. He'll try for a one year deal with the Broncos and then link with the Gold Coast - maybe unlikely but who knows.

Pazza

First Grade
I think that the Enthusiam and competitive attitudes displayed by Crocker and Riddell would be great inspartion for other players in the side to feed off.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't think we will sign a big name player, I think we'll concentrate on the retention of those we want and replace those we don't with some mid range signings ie: Faalogo and Feeney players like them!!

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
I don't think we will sign a big name player, I think we'll concentrate on the retention of those we want and replace those we don't with some mid range signings ie: Faalogo and Feeney players like them!!

I don't think your far from hitting the nail on the head.

Pazza

First Grade
We dont need a big name player but these guys are class, it would be great if we got one but im not going to lose any sleep about it.

We will need to sign some players, i can imagine prop and Winger will be a couple of spots we need some talent in.

Stagger eel

Staff member
True EEL said:
i would say no to Crocker - i think he is overrated and dirty.........

he was also very easily contained by our premier league side a few weeks back. I certainly think we don't need him.

The Colonel

Immortal
Right environment and a good kick in the rear he'd be a good acquisition. Tough and plays on the borderline - with Morrison of a similar style probably won't happen but I think he'd be a good pick up. He'll end up in Queensland though......

Agent Mulder

Bench
I remember reading about 10 years back we tried to sign Nigel Roy and he said No :lol: jesus we were bad then!

bartman

Immortal
I don't think Crocker would displace either of our backrowers? Has more rep experience/potential than Morrison, but for onloy one year and with their styles similar I'd rather let him through to the keeper.