What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juniors v Raiders final

Iafeta

Referee
lol. i was just thinking that.

Jack Wighton's going to be a superstar. Still not so sure about Edrick Lee.

From us, i think Hiku is going to be a gun.

It'll be a good effort to get Toka Likiliki, Havili and Bishop prepared for first grade... I'm not sure you can get the tackle breaks they do in higher grades. If they could, they'd be excellent players to have. The player that excites me the most is Taukieaho.

Warmess

Juniors
A lot of those boys need to get off mums cooking and get a proper diet in them. A lot of fatties running around out there, which is good to break tackles in the U20s, but all it means in firsts is your cardio sucks.

Izz

Bench
I hope so :p
I wish we'd kept him.

It'll be a good effort to get Toka Likiliki, Havili and Bishop prepared for first grade... I'm not sure you can get the tackle breaks they do in higher grades. If they could, they'd be excellent players to have. The player that excites me the most is Taukieaho.
Thing with Havili and Bishop, imo, is that they're too big to play hooker in FG, but i don't know how effective they'll be in the second row.

Likiliki's actually a pretty smart player, but he'd get beaten up at FG level in the shape he's in now.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I've been underwhelmed with the U20's for the majority of the year and was curious to see how they went once finals came around. Nothing changed.

At times its felt like the team has a sense of entitlement about them as if they're the premiers they always do well and nobody has any right to challenge them.

Out of the guys who *might* make it to first grade I'd be keeping all of them in the Vulcans for at least a year.

Likiliki - I'd be keeping him for sure. Has size, strength, speed. Just needs a year or two against men to really see what he can do.

Havili - Ditto Likiliki, but I don't see him as a long term hooker so unsure of his prospects in a crowded backrow.

Palavi - Club are apparently high on him. Fair player but I don't see in him what we don't have in our other backrowers.

Taukeiaho - Would take him over all mentioned above, and his extra size and speed means he will end up offering more than Henry/Taylor. Keeper for sure.

Lino/Hukatai - These guys have 2 years more in the U20's don't they? Both look to be high on potential, will be interesting to see them develop.

Next years Vulcans should be a good mixture of experienced heads who can't make the top 17 each week, and U20's guys from the last couple of seasons.

Cheops

Juniors
Likiliki will make it as a first grader imo. He has good acceleration and footwork which will be more useful in first grade than his size. I'd be playing him in the Vulcans next year even if he's eligible for Toyota cup so he learns he can't just run over everybody (I'd play most of our gun players for the Vulcans too but anyway...)

blain

Juniors
I've only seen Hiku is going to Manly on the forums... Has this actually been announced somewhere? Or is it all hear say. I think there was a mention in the NRL Mole section, but that's hardly always right.

Blake

Juniors
Well, that last 6 minutes was humorous. Halfback decides a field goal is a silly option so the team goes away from the sticks and looks for glory plays... halfback gives up a dud penalty... Raiders go around the outside to score, #5 runs casually along the line making no attempt to stop the attacking player who then jogs around without pressure towards the posts... next set, #3 knocks on knocking down a pass, if he falls on the ball there's a scrum and at least 10 seconds wasted, instead he casually strolls up and lets Canberra pick it up and make a bust... last play, clearly set up for a field goal, only Havili has the brains to realise it, the rest sit back and slide on their line. Dopey stuff.

Hahaha and people get upset when it's suggested the warriors need some Aussie players to add brains to the team.

Really was the epitome of big brown boys trying to play as individuals due to their size rather than as a team. Reality is gonna suck big time for most of them.

hitman82

Bench
Likiliki, Hiku, Tukeiaho (sp) and Bishop (if we can find a position for him) are players who have serious first grade potential for mine. Bishop's easy to dismiss as just another massive dude, but he has great footwork close to the line and a quality offload in the tackle.

Meth

Staff member
No Likiliki or Bishop yesterday and we would have been beaten by 20+

hitman82

Bench
No Likiliki or Bishop yesterday and we would have been beaten by 20+

QFT. These guys were the most switched on players in our whole team. They actually cooperate extremely well between each other, too. Could be an awesome duo for the Vulcans next season.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Be interesting to see how long it takes for him to crack FG.

I'd say it will be a fair bit of NSW Cup next season. All depends on how Wolfman comes back, and also Ben Farrar

Probably looked at as a backup for Stewart so come Origin time maybe he will get a crack, he will be up against a gun junior though in Clinton Gutherson for that spot. Gutherson is certainly a name to mark down and watch for the future

WarriorDefence

Juniors
I think they would be a lot stronger with meads and Omar in the side. Wasn't our spine havilli, meads, Carlos and Omar last year? And that team won the comp- why did we change it?
A quite like the look of laumape- despite the brain explosion. Takes a while to come back from serious leg injuries but he keeps getting better- could see him in first grade in a couple of years

Latest posts