What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a thought

Titanic

First Grade
I think both would be good... new teams (if they can be found) as well as new individuals, to supplement the teams we have and help them to all get 5 posts in each match, all season.

Yes that's what I meant and hey mate - I heard that you were of an undisclosed age? Is that true?

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
An undisclosed age...? :sarcasm: I too am in the Jesbass age range - perhaps a little older than he, I believe.

As Alan Jones says, you're only as old as the man you feel...

Jesbass

First Grade
Juicy Jesbass is legal yet less than retiring age... so someone tell him to get back here where he belongs.

Captain's Comeback On The Cards
19 March 2010
By Harold McRomple

THE 2010 SEASON HAS barely started, but recently retired Warriors captain Jesbass is already in the headlines yet again.

Rumours are circling that the former halfback is considering a possible return to the greatest game of all as early as May. It is believed that he has been in talks with Forum Sevens management about tearing up his resignation letter as he adjusts to life out of the limelight.

Although Jesbass was unavailable for comment yesterday, a source close to the drama queen confirmed the rumour: "He misses the camaraderie of Forum Sevens. He says that there's nothing quite like the 'man sandwiches' (scrums) and jumping into the hot tub with the boys after a game."

Jesbass has been no stranger to controversy. He was a vocal opponent to the no-sexgate of 2006, openly blaming Kiwis captain LeagueNut's imposed sex ban for his poor performances.

Two years later, he attempted to have the Kiwis' nationality changed to Scottish.

Rugby league ambassador The Evil Dutchman, (more commonly known as The Bad Dutcher), was typically excited when he heard the news.

"Jesbass back on the e-field? That'd be MAD!" he screamed, before adding: "In a good way, I mean!"

It is unknown which team Jesbass would play for, or whether making himself available would be enough to attain selection. It is also uncertain as to whether or not his ageing and arthritic fingers would still be up to the rigours of the toughest typing competition known to man.

Sources: 1 2 3 4

Titanic

First Grade
Now that's my point ... all that effort = 3 maybe 4 F7's POTM's ... give the missus your Visa, throw her the car keys, make a few promises of great potential and dust off them boots. "MAD if you don't," screamed the Mad Lecher (formerly known as the Meat Monger).

In fact I met that guy in Port Moresby in 1986 when he travelled with the Kiwi team but we dusted them 28-26 in the match still remembered in the blackmarket settlement bars of Moitaka as Titanic's last stand.

An undisclosed age...? :sarcasm: I too am in the Jesbass age range - perhaps a little older than he, I believe.

As Alan Jones says, you're only as old as the man you feel...

And that little piece of my history emphatically demonstrates that I am of an indeterminate age.

Last edited:
Hey NT ... ask which Titans you would like to know and I'll do my best?

No, bugger it, I changed my mind :D but I do know a secret... Juicy Jesbass is legal yet less than retiring age... so someone tell him to get back here where he belongs.?

Put it this way, until July, it'd be illegal for me to purchase drinks in the U.S.
;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly.

There are 10 or 20 new members joining the forums every day. I know that not all turn into regular members, but this is a growing site.

Just a matter of reading the forums and identifying potential F7s forummers.

Ask Dave Q. Bloody sh*t stirrer, no one wanted him. But he was recruited asap for the Bluebags and won POTM on debut. In one season he developed into champ status when he won the POTM in a grand final. He's now part of the furniture at Souths and a great asset to the F7s.
Same could be said about some other forum pests :o:lol:

brf - I played my second season as captain of the Sharks, and no amount of recruiting or effort on my behalf was good enough to get the team to stay together. Players quit early and mid-season. I Played every game though (on one occassion I posted the only article for my side and won POTM)

Point is, teams come and go, it's unfortunate and it is unneccessary, but at the end of the day, as disappointing as it all can be, you just gotta get back up on the horse. I switched to the Panthers and haven't missed a game since Round 1, 2007.

If you're really passionate about the comp, then you'll find a way to move on and forward and enjoy the game as it is.

My passion for the game has been to my own detriment on a number of occasions, but it hasn't deterred me from playing the game.

And regarding the question about age. I'm fairly certain that Big Mick, LeagueNut, Azkatro, The Piper and myself are all under 30 years of age and we have all written over 50 articles each in this comp, throw in furrycat who is also under 30 and has over 30 articles to his name as well.

I don't think age is the issue, it comes down to interest and commitment, same with everything else in this world.

If all teams this season can take the opportunity to strengthen their squads it will lead to a stronger comp for many seasons to come and also mean teams will stand a chance to survive for much longer.

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
On the actual topic at hand, I don't think that the loss of two teams is all that much to worry about. F7s has always been a competition of ebbs and flows, and in 2010, it's the turn of the Warriors and Cougars to have a rest.

In 2011, the Warriors are hopeful of returning, and perhaps the Cougars are, too. (And antonius, we'd be honoured to have you back!)

Recruitment drives just take a bit of time and not much effort. When I was captain, I used to PM anyone who I thought a) might be interested, and b) had a clear talent for the written word.

As long as the game is run in an upstanding and transparent manner, people will keep lining up to play.

I agree with Ma "I ate a" Donut that it can become all consuming. I've yet to miss a competition Warriors match, so having some time off after constantly writing for four years - especially with Lil Miss Jesbass on the way - is a valued reprieve.

I do want to return at some stage, though!

[furrycat]

Coach
F7s won't die off. We've seen a lot worse. Having a dedicated roster comes down to the captain and morale. Look at the panthers. Small lineup but all dedicated posters who wanna each week. I'm 21 I've been here since I was about 16. The comp is strong. New faces everywhere.

Captains have to be dedicated to get a roster of players who are there each week. It's a cop out to give up first game lol get on the forums and talk to posters about joining. Captains who need players need to get off their arse and look. Some don't know we exist in this world. Ask them to look you'll be surprised who will play.

Dave Q

Coach
Exactly.

There are 10 or 20 new members joining the forums every day. I know that not all turn into regular members, but this is a growing site.

Just a matter of reading the forums and identifying potential F7s forummers.

Ask Dave Q. Bloody sh*t stirrer, no one wanted him. But he was recruited asap for the Bluebags and won POTM on debut. In one season he developed into champ status when he won the POTM in a grand final. He's now part of the furniture at Souths and a great asset to the F7s.

:D

Hang on schmuckles, I was wanted by the ATO, CIA and the FBI!

Yesterday my 3 year old kid said to me "Dad, I love everyone."

So I figure Steve baby, that I must be doing something right!

So far as invigouring interest in F7's. We could invite fresh members of a LU to play via email and link to last years grand finals.

Better still, assign them a team and tell them they have qualified for a club. We can call them "draftee's".

Last edited: