What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hodges

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
it's probably been done like thousands of times, but why doesn't someone put up a new poll? Hodges vs Gasnier.

non of this "i'd prefer ##### at my club because of the style" crap, but just pick who is better at what they do, regardless of any factors.

Dazzat

First Grade
Apparently Nathan Brown doesn't share the same enthusiasm about Gasnier's so-called talent. The coach's game plans don't include actually passing the ball to Gasnier - apparently he only had about three or four touches this weekend, and this happens regularly.

Here's a tip to Gasnier devotees - don't waste your time trying to convince us that he's better than Hodges. Start writing to Nathan Brown!

stuh

Juniors
Avenger said:
Gasnier would command more on the open market and you know that.

A lot of things are overpriced in this world when you're only paying for the name. The name Gasnier is about all the bloke has going for him.

caylo

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
:lol: You are deadset kidding yourself. His defence has improved big time and he scores plenty of tries through strength and power, add that to the footwork and pace and theres a more dangerous opponent than Hodges

I have watched alot of football, and seen Gasnier play more than most players since I myself enjoyed watching the dragons play.

Gasnier was better in 02-04 than he is now, because since then alot of emphasis has been put on controlling the ruck. Gasnier has had less room to move and has struggled like most would.

Hodges doesn't seam to be effected, he created his own room. I honestly thin he would be one of the strongest guys in the NRL. He is quick, has great footwork and is very difficult to tackle.

I believe thou that Hodges now is better than Gasnier has ever been, and that is just on a individual level. I also think Hodges is alot more inspirational, and more of a leader (ironically since Gasnier is the captain) than Gasnier.

OVP said:
BY FAR, he is the best centre in the world right now. WOW !!

When he was at the Roosters in 2002, he single-handedly inspired the team to go on and keep winning until well into 2003. He had the most dominant and destructive game from ANYONE that i've seen since. He was truly brilliant that game, the Roosters had lost heaps in a row and were looking like we would miss the final 8. Then Hodgo played the greatest individual game i've ever seen ... from centre. From that moment on, noone could beat us.

(Btw, if anyone has a copy of this game on either VHS or DVD or whatever i'd pay all costs if you made me a copy ... would love to see that brilliant performance again :) )

He always had the talent when he was only a kid at the Roosters. Brisbane now are finally reaping all his experiences so far ... he is miles ahead of any centre atm, its not funny.

Agree ? Disagree ?
hodges and gaz though hodges is playing better as his team are going better

justin hodges has been one of the best centres going around for years.

when the broncos won the comp in 2006 the try he set up for berrigan to score against the dogs got them back from 20 - 0 down.

a superstar

cant speak highly enough of the guy, a champion

better now he got the niggle out of his game and concentrated on running the football

Mr Saab said:
Dont tell the Channel Narne commentary team. Its Gasnier all the way.
I wouldnt swap Hodges for both Gasnier and Cooper

thanks as a fan of the broncos would you have said that after he left you guys for the roosters
:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
dallymessenger said:
thanks as a fan of the broncos would you have said that after he left you guys for the roosters

Hello, that was 7 yrs ago when he was a kid like Falou.
Fast forward to 2008 and take a look at hodges now.
Hodges is not the one scratching himself like Gasnier does waiting for the ball to come to him. Hodges goes and looks for it.
Laugh all you want Chandos.

Mr Saab said:
Hello, that was 7 yrs ago when he was a kid like Falou.
Fast forward to 2008 and take a look at hodges now.
Hodges is not the one scratching himself like Gasnier does waiting for the ball to come to him. Hodges goes and looks for it.
Laugh all you want Chandos.

so the answer is no, when he was playing for the roosters he wasnt the best centre in the world

thanks

lockyrulz

Juniors
Hutty1986 said:
They were never the "best side on paper", opposition fans just like to say they were to accuse them of "choking", etc. Hodges hasn't had a easy ride at all, hes a class player, I just think Gasnier has the edge on him.

Well they weren't exactly short of rep players were they?

They choked, numerous times, accept it.

Hodges and Gasnier are both top players, but Hodges is number 1 atm.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hodges is better than Gasnier and Cooper. He is a much better all round centre than both hands down.

Cooper may well be a better defensive centre and Gasnier may have it over him in attack - though by about a bee's dick in both areas - but as far as centres go I'd take Hodges over both.

Mr Saab

Referee
dallymessenger said:
so the answer is no, when he was playing for the roosters he wasnt the best centre in the world

thanks

You are on some serious drugs. Of course Hodges was not the best center in 2003/4. The guy did his knee and was struggling.
You are sooooo off with the pixies its unbelievable

Hanscholo

Bench
I agree. He grew up a fair bit at the Roosters, was hampered by some knee problems but was still outstanding. He still has some growing up to do, i still dont like his attitude at times but i enjoy watching him play.

Hutty1986

Immortal
lockyrulz said:

:roll: Ah yes, the "choking" argument. Beaten in a good game vs the best side for the past 2 years in 06 and beaten by the premiers in 05. Outplayed by better sides on the night.

Let's ignore the fact that they won vs the 2nd placed team away in 01,02 and made it to 3rd position after scraping into 6th in 2006.

You clearly have no idea nuffy :lol:

drake

First Grade
Hodges has been playing in better form; that said, Gasnier was out most of last season and out of position when he was back.
Season 08, the man could have a neon sign saying "Gimme the f**king ball" and he'd still be starved. Love to see how he'd go next to a decent halves pairing, behind a decent forward pack.
Apples and oranges at the moment; Hodges is a great centre in a good team and is coached by a legend, Gasnier is a great centre in a mediocre team coached by a potato.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Hutty1986 said:
:roll: Ah yes, the "choking" argument. Beaten in a good game vs the best side for the past 2 years in 06 and beaten by the premiers in 05. Outplayed by better sides on the night.

Let's ignore the fact that they won vs the 2nd placed team away in 01,02 and made it to 3rd position after scraping into 6th in 2006.

You clearly have no idea nuffy :lol:

If you don't think the dragons choke I know who the nuffy is lol.

Still keep living the dream champ, you never know, one day you might be able to watch your team win a gf on something other than a scratchy news reel :lol:

caylo

Bench
lockyrulz said:

Compare Teams:

Hodges now plays in a team with the best 5-8 in the world and a young forward pack.
Gasnier played most of his carrer with the best 5-8 in the game (Barrett) and a strong forward pack. Gasnier has never been compariable to Hodges, tbh i wouldn't even have him as the second best centre in the comp.

Gasnier is now behind a pack not to dissimialar to the broncos, and Lockyer has been scrachy all year comming back from an injury (and didn't play last round). So far they relay have both been playing in similar conditions, just hodges has pushed his team to 3 wins, while the dragons havn't been good enough and some, if not most, of the blame should be on the head of the Captain.

Gasnier (as mentioned) has a name, I have seen better things from Inu, Hayne, Folau to suggest they have more potential than Gas ever did (hey his uncle doesn't even like him).

TBH along with the dragons losing Browny, they should start with cleaning out some of the garbage, and Gas would be the first along with cooper. Both are on to much money for what they are worth.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Frank_Grimes said:
That's what makes Hodges better.

im not even sure that'd be the case... if i were the CEO of the club, i know id be willing to pay more for Justin Hodges then i would Mark Gasnier... if they both tested the market at the same time, i recon Hodges would get just as much, if not more then gaz

and rightly so
the best centre in the game bar none

Latest posts