What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

parra pete

Referee
maybe one day he'll get an offer from the wholesome country club...

Nah, we don't need him down here. We've got Ben Roarty..soon to have (for July 26 Pie in Sky promotion) Simon Woolford, Shane Millard, possibly Shaun Timmins (subject to fitness test) and probably Matt Geyer, (subject to confirmation)

The Raiders have Shillo, TLL, Logan, Daniel Joyce (watch for him) Dane Tilse, Troy Thommo, Miller and maybe the Shack in 2010..I think they, too are well off.

Maybe Zapps will bring a few over from the Sharkies...when he comes along to take Fitzy's place...

Gronk

Staff member
Scandal puts Sharks on skid row

Yahoo!7 - May 18, 2009, 9:28 am
Four key sponsors have deserted the floundering Sharks rugby league club following the Four Corner's report on the club's 2002 Christchurch sex scandal - leaving the team about $150,000 out of pocket.
The Cronulla Sutherland team have been forced to open its books to accountants so the NRL can assess whether they are eligible for financial assistance.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports two of the companies - Westfield Miranda and Wendy Wu Tours - have severed ties because of their links to female markets.
A sponsor's client manager told the Herald questions were raised about the lack of female leadership at the Sharks club.
"We're suddenly justifying why we are a sponsor. I thought we could ride it out but as every day goes on, it seems to get worse."
NRL chief David Gallop has stepped in to meet with other long term sponsors and discuss any trepidations.
The club has been further hit hard by its poor on-field form - losing its eighth straight match on Saturday - and falling gate takings.
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl/news/article/-/5574575/scandal-puts-sharks-skid-row

eel4life

Juniors
i do feel for the team and their supporters, out of all this they have copped it from all angels ... but if it means we get a quality player then so be it ... Poore is not the best prop but he is one of the best that is available and in terms of what we have here he would be an asset ...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think Poore will still go to Cronulla and it will basicaly be Zapps doing, he's the best in the business at nutting out a deal.

Fathead

Bench
I think Poore will still go to Cronulla and it will basicaly be Zapps doing, he's the best in the business at nutting out a deal.

I know hes a professional etc but you would think that if he knows that he will be at the eels soon he wouldnt be putting too much work into Poore going to the sharks.

I reckon that the idea situation for him would be to take the sharks offer but the financial instability would really be worrying him.

eels_fan

First Grade

Or maybe our current board can get in Zapps ear first, offer him the CEO position and get him to send Poore to us instead!! :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
I know hes a professional etc but you would think that if he knows that he will be at the eels soon he wouldnt be putting too much work into Poore going to the sharks.

I reckon that the idea situation for him would be to take the sharks offer but the financial instability would really be worrying him.

if anything, he'll make it extra difficult for Poore to knock back the Cronulla offer, he knows that in an envionment like his, he needs to do his all for his current employer and make any future employers green with envy..

Or maybe our current board can get in Zapps ear first, offer him the CEO position and get him to send Poore to us instead!! :D

seriously? no!

ROGUE

Juniors
a mate of mine who sponsors a saints player has just sms'd me stating that saints have just allegedly withdrawn there offer to poore

lewiscook

Juniors
a mate of mine who sponsors a saints player has just sms'd me stating that saints have just allegedly withdrawn there offer to poore

Doesn't surprise me.
Dad's brother who works closely with the panthers said that Poore is on shaky ground with the dragons who are going to priorities morris.

I'll put my money on Poore going to the sharks.

Latest posts