What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo team-Tri nations I

Mr Saab

Referee
sometimes they dont pick test teams as a result of a good yr of form. It will take an awful lot of bad form for Lockyer to be dropped from the test team.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:
If he was right he would have been selected Charles. He was OWED. ;-)

he was "owed" because he didnt have a great yr (he played 7 games or so)...even willie will admit that. But the fact that he has been a mainstay in the test team since july 2002 works highly in his favour. Loyalty is sometimes a big factor in test teams.
I know you have been around long enough to know how test teams are picked.

drake

First Grade
:lol:
What a joke this squad is. 4 whole players who got within cooee of the GF, let alone 1 who played in it, and none that won it are included.

This team insults international rugby league.

Where's Lyons, Kenny, Raper and Langlands?

Class is eternal, form is fleeting.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
he was "owed" because he didnt have a great yr (he played 7 games or so)...even willie will admit that. But the fact that he has been a mainstay in the test team since july 2002 works highly in his favour. Loyalty is sometimes a big factor in test teams.
I know you have been around long enough to know how test teams are picked.

I do know how loyalty works in the selection process Charles. Shame loyalty isn't always shown though......

ozboy

Juniors
Very good team.

They should win every game of the Tri Nations comfortably.

And to think the likes of Mason, O'Meley and Barrett could come in at any time.

ozbash

Referee
thats the weakest roo team ive seen in a long time.
tahu ? come on, the guy is lucky to be in first grade
tate ? good news for the kiwi centers
lockyer ? what has he done all year to deserve selection ?
gasnier? over rated and definitely not up to international standard.

the forwards look big ,clumsy and fragile. ben kennedy ? wtf were your selectors smoking.

there are 3 dangermen in that squad of wannabes, joey,matt king and civinoceva.

kiwis by 20+

Meanie

Juniors
Physique said:
Tate and Civoniceava are only there because Bennet is coach and that is the truth.

If Tate and Civo were Eels you'd say their selections were more than justified. :roll:

On another note surprised Barrett didn't get a run.

Melbourne winger Matt King and North Queensland back-rower Luke O'Donnell were today named to make their Test debut in Australia's Tri Nations rugby league match against New Zealand on Saturday night.
King's selection along with Brisbane's Brent Tate in the centres has meant St George Illawarra's Matt Cooper has missed a place in the 17-man line-up for the opening match of the series at Telstra Stadium.

O'Donnell replaces injured Parramatta star Nathan Hindmarsh, with Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan gaining a spot on the bench.

The full team is: Anthony Minichiello, Matt King, Brent Tate, Mark Gasnier, Timana Tahu, Darren Lockyer (capt), Andrew Johns, Ben Kennedy, Craig Fitzgibbon, Luke O'Donnell, Petero Civoniceva, Danny Buderus, Steve Price. Interchange: Jason Ryles, Craig Gower, Andrew Ryan, Trent Waterhouse.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/king-odonnell-to-make-kangaroo-debut/2005/10/11/1128796508274.html

What the hell is Bennett doing, picking Brent "wheelchair bound" Tate over

Matt Copper, the Bronco’s connection strikes again.

Red Bear

Referee
Tate shouldnt be there, cooper should. Barrett should also be in the side. Andrew Ryan has been pathetic this year.

sh*thouse side but they should win with relative ease because they have Andrew Johns.

Strong side, no arguments from me except for Civenociva - shouldn't have been considered for the entire squad in the first place. Edit - sh1t, forgot to mention Lockyer in original post - friends in high places.

As for Tate over Coops - I think that one's lineball - Tate played great in the latter half of the comp in a beaten side.

Meanie

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
Edit - sh1t, forgot to mention Lockyer in original post - friends in high places.

Right, I suppose "44-4" doesn't have anything to do with it.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Dead set the quicker Brent Tate retires, the better. The bloke looks like a bloody spaceman when he's out on the field and he's only 24! He's obviously got no future after the next 2 seasons max, so why waste a good center spot on him.

Latest posts