What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo's selection after State of Origin. Your kangaroo's Team

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Vs the Kiwis, if Walsh gets pressured, he gets outworked by CNK, who’s a similar effort fullback to Edwards. Edwards will bring that safe, big yardage game no matter what.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Latrell & Turbo are our best centre pairing when fit and firing.

Walsh is better than Edwards at his best, as is Ponga, don't need three fullbacks plus fullback options in Latrell and Turbo all in the side.

Fair call on Chrighton, chalk that up to QLD bias
Rugby League includes both attack and DEFENCE.
Walsh is a complete bum in one of those areas

soc123_au

Staff member
He was putrid on Wednesday. People are forgetting the first half because we won. His kicking was awful
His long kicks out of trouble were fine. 1st half wasn't really one where halves were going to dominate. Objectively I think he was ok, all he had to do was stay patient and not shit the bed. He managed to pull it off and then jag a try when the chance was presented. Luai carried the short kicking game, no problem with that, there is a reason we have 2 halves.

I love a Mitch bash as much as the next Man, but his Origin performances this year just dont warrant one.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
His long kicks out of trouble were fine. 1st half wasn't really one where halves were going to dominate. Objectively I think he was ok, all he had to do was stay patient and not shit the bed. He managed to pull it off and then jag a try when the chance was presented. Luai carried the short kicking game, no problem with that, there is a reason we have 2 halves.

I love a Mitch bash as much as the next Man, but his Origin performances this year just dont warrant one.
2 easy kicks went dead, somehow 1 was missed by the ref and touch judge. He did a Myth Piss grubber into the defence. The best thing he did all night was run past the 2 most overrated players in the game in Walsh and Grant

soc123_au

Staff member
2 easy kicks went dead, somehow 1 was missed by the ref and touch judge. He did a Myth Piss grubber into the defence. The best thing he did all night was run past the 2 most overrated players in the game in Walsh and Grant
I remembered one shit kick that went dead. The other one we got a bit lucky. The grubber was ordinary, but he isn't the first and wont be the last to do one of those.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Again you simply choose to ignore all the other facets of fullback play almost as if they don’t matter.
Edwards has won 3 premierships, Clive Churchill medal and man of the match in an origin decider, normally I’d tell you to come back when Walsh can match that resume but that would be unfair because Walsh will likely never match that resume.

Rugby League includes both attack and DEFENCE.
Walsh is a complete bum in one of those areas
Ok sure we disagree. Walsh isn't in good form at the moment because he hasn't played a tonne of footy this year, but let's not pretend like he's not right up there at his best.

I mean Edwards is so good that he's only been able to crack the Blues team in 2024?

Anyway you think Edwards, I think Walsh (at his best), Ponga and Turbo are in front of him for that Kangaroos spot. But Mal may even pick Tedesco and we'll all be wrong.

Wb1234

Referee
Ok sure we disagree. Walsh isn't in good form at the moment because he hasn't played a tonne of footy this year, but let's not pretend like he's not right up there at his best.

I mean Edwards is so good that he's only been able to crack the Blues team in 2024?

Anyway you think Edwards, I think Walsh (at his best), Ponga and Turbo are in front of him for that Kangaroos spot. But Mal may even pick Tedesco and we'll all be wrong.
Walsh needs a good coach which isn’t Kevvie

he will end up the best fullback In the comp with the right coaching

Bazal

Post Whore

Yeah Luai carried the short kicking game with all THREE of his kicks for the day. Especially in the second half where he didn't kick the ball once.

He played as well as he was allowed, like Moses. And you're not trolling like your mate I get that. But it's a weird take.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah Luai carried the short kicking game with all THREE of his kicks for the day. Especially in the second half where he didn't kick the ball once.

He played as well as he was allowed, like Moses. And you're not trolling like your mate I get that. But it's a weird take.
I was including his short dropouts in my assessment. But surprised it was only 3, not doubting you btw, I guess we remember the good ones, the bad ones and the ok ones just become filler. All his were in the good range.

I may also have been giving him credit for the Critta and Best ones that resulted in drop outs. Either way Moses was great with the long kicks, the rest of the team took care of the shorter ones for the most part.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I was including his short dropouts in my assessment. But surprised it was only 3, not doubting you btw, I guess we remember the good ones, the bad ones and the ok ones just become filler. All his were in the good range.

I may also have been giving him credit for the Critta and Best ones that resulted in drop outs. Either way Moses was great with the long kicks, the rest of the team took care of the shorter ones for the most part.
So what your saying is everything Mitchy actually did well Burton would have done better

Walsh needs a good coach which isn’t Kevvie

he will end up the best fullback In the comp with the right coaching
Needs to be willing to work hard.

But I think he has it in him too. I was impressed with how he went versus the Panthers two rounds ago; he stepped up and tried hard. Didn’t always execute, but didn’t shy away at all. Good signs for someone that has a reasonable amount of improvement required to be an all-round fullback.

aqua_duck

Coach

*At their attacking best.

I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with the timeline of when Edwards became NSW fullback and how it’s at all significant, I mean he was behind the incumbent Australian captain so obviously there would’ve been more of a reluctance to pick him but in terms of achievements, big game experience, consistency and intangibles Edwards has Walsh well and truely covered, I mean sure Walsh is more capable of creating something out of nothing not he’s also much more capable of letting in a try with poor defence, lack of awareness and being out of position. Gus Gould mentioned post game on Wednesday night that the beauty with Edwards is he’s bulletproof in big games because how game is built around all the little things, he doesn’t make errors, doesn’t overplay his hand, never out of position, Walsh can be a game breaker but when things aren’t working for him as was the case origin 2 and 3 he can be of a liability.