What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo's selection after State of Origin. Your kangaroo's Team

Remarkably, there's nothing scheduled yet even though we know there will be a Pacific Championships plus Samoa touring England. Piss poor
I know, it's disgustingly unacceptable, yet somehow it is acceptable to the powers that be.

Before the games are scheduled a bunch of players will organize their end off season trips and weddings and won't be available like last year.

taste2taste

Juniors
I know, it's disgustingly unacceptable, yet somehow it is acceptable to the powers that be.

Before the games are scheduled a bunch of players will organize their end off season trips and weddings and won't be available like last year.
Exactly ! NRL admin serve us lip service saying how important the international game is yet they treat it like an afterthought.

Admin and players treat it as a joke, no wonder fans do to. The crowds for the Pacific Championships were laughable, international footy couldn't even attract a crowd the size of an average NRL game.

Fangs

Coach
Australia got pumped 0-30 by NZ in the Pacific Championship last year.

Its time for a change in the guard. Time is up for Tedesco, DCE and Ben Hunt who all need to go.

Edwards/Cleary are obvious picks. But the 9 is very uncertain. No one is jumping out saying pick me.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Australia got pumped 0-30 by NZ in the Pacific Championship last year.

Its time for a change in the guard. Time is up for Tedesco, DCE and Ben Hunt who all need to go.

Edwards/Cleary are obvious picks. But the 9 is very uncertain. No one is jumping out saying pick me.
DCE is the worst regular Australian halfback in my lifetime

Fangs

Coach
DCE is the worst regular Australian halfback in my lifetime

I think he is good player but his time is well and truly up.

I thought he was done when we lost to Tonga in 2019. Game management is his job and he failed in that match. Covid killed off international football for a while so it was long forgotten when we next played a test.

Whatever happens we can't roll out the same team after last years debacle. Start with the spine and pick some youth.

MKCS

Juniors
If it was me selecting the team I'd be building towards the 2026 World Cup and getting a team together that can play together for the next 2 years and prepare for that major tournament, that means most of the old guard such as Tedesco, DCE and Ben Hunt are moved on and we get the youth going a little bit, wouldn't want any guys in their mid thirties playing in the 2026 World Cup to be honest.

With that in mind, assuming everyone is fit and willing to play for Australia this is the best 17 I think we have for this year taking into account building for the World Cup:

1. Edwards 2. Brian To'o 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Zac Lomax 6. Cameron Munster 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Payne Haas 9. Harry Grant 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Angus Crichton 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo (Captain)

14. Reuben Cotter 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Patrick Carrigan 17. Reece Walsh

---

- Edwards over Walsh, there was a discussion on a previous page about this, Walsh does have plenty of X-Factor but Edwards is very consistent plus if you were the opposing team you'd have to be worried about Walsh coming in with 20-30 to go. Ponga is also an option here, I just think Walsh offers more X-Factor.

- Munster over Luai and Dearden because of the experience and what we've seen him previously do in big games, if he can come back from injury and play well throughout the rest of Melbourne's regular season and finals campaign you have to pick him.

- Cleary obviously over DCE, nobody wants to carry a 37 year old DCE to a World Cup and Cleary is the current big thing.

Latest posts