What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos team for French

mozza91

Coach
If thats the case then they might as well use Gidley's rep jerseys to clean the floor of a wank booth.
Wait till Saturday he'll have a good game I'm certain of it.
As for Raider69 your opinion is immediately deemed irrelavant due to the fact you think Dugan is better player then Gidley, what has Dugan in FG other then continuously get hurt and be outplayed by Shannon f**king McDonnel

Boganater

Juniors
Wait till Saturday he'll have a good game I'm certain of it.
As for Raider69 your opinion is immediately deemed irrelavant due to the fact you think Dugan is better player then Gidley, what has Dugan in FG other then continuously get hurt and be outplayed by Shannon f**king McDonnel
He'd want to have a good game, we are playing the French after all.
The point is he isn't deserving of a green and gold jersey.
Dugan is great young player with more talent in his little toe than the whole of Gidley. Your opinion is irrelevant due to the fact that you think Gidley played well in Origin and that the sun shines out of his ass in general.

Stranger

Coach
This is a representative side, the best in the game are chosen for this team.
Trying your guts out, while being a great attribute, does not equal talent.
Gidley's not good enough.
Last time i checked, Talent didn't make a player great either. Case in point, Owen Cragie. Extremely talented, not a great player.

Hindyscrack said:
may be able to play in a variety of positions, but none of them he is outstanding.

LOL, thats why the utility tag. How is Hayne going on the wing? Thats right not great eh? Utility is not about being Outstanding at every position, its about being solid enough to cover them for a game if needed.

hybrid_tiger said:
Every poster defending Gidley is a Newcastle fan, surprise surprise.

Is there one non-Newcastle fan that believes its a deserved selection? I doubt it.

:lol:, and the only people thing Farrah is worthy of a spot are tigers fans. I see a trend? Bias? No sh*t!:lol::lol:

watatank

Coach
LOL, thats why the utility tag. How is Hayne going on the wing? Thats right not great eh? Utility is not about being Outstanding at every position, its about being solid enough to cover them for a game if needed.

Gidley doesn't even have the ability to do that in any position except for fullback.

Echo-The-Tiger

Juniors
:lol:, and the only people thing Farah is worthy of a spot are tigers fans. I see a trend? Bias? No sh*t!:lol::lol:

That's because uh, he deserves a spot. Carried the Tigers on his back most of the year, (til Marshall pulled his finger out) earned the most amount of Dally M points (Out of all hookers) and came, I'm assuming close to winning Hooker of the Year.

Yeah, his initial game was fairly sh*t and he's disappointed on the international scene so far but to say he didn't deserve a spot is absolutely geniused.

Big Pete

Referee
On Gidley-gate I can see both arguements.

The Newcastle side (minus Johns Magic): "C'mon guys, just leave him be".

Yeah I agree a lot of fans on here do get carried away and Gidley isn't anywhere near as bad as they suggest. I mean, going by the way some of the fans in this thread and others are describing him, you'd imagine he'd be playing to the level of Shannon McDonnell or me if you'd slot me into fullback (especially right now, I'd be so unco that I'd run into the post and bite my tongue...)

Then on the other hand, the majority opinion of: There's more deserving players ahead of him and I believe the role of a utility (especially in Gidley's case) isn't neccesary in the international arena.

I agree with this opinion. I mean if it was up to me, this would've been the Australian squad. (Given injuries)

1. Billy Slater
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Ben Hannant
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Justin Poore
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Ben Creagh
17. Sam Thaiday

18. Josh Morris
19. Michael Ennis
20. Cooper Cronk
21. Dave Taylor
22. Keith Galloway
23. Luke Douglas
24. Brett Morris

To me that would've been a fair squad with the perfect balance of forwards and backs.

Boyd earns his spot largely due to his ability to play on the right wing and for the fact that I can't think of anyone who's better (Monaghan maybe...but he didn't have a great season).

I also find it humerous that some of you Knight's fans find it difficult to accept that Gidley put in a poor Origin performance. The area's in which he was poor had little to do with Peter Wallace, Terry Campese and Robbie Farah and frankly he's done little since bursting onto the represenative scene in 2007. In all fairness, he certainly deserved his place in the Origin side, especially this year when he was among the five best players in the NRL (at that stage). Following Origin though, it was easy to see that the series had taken it's toll on Kurt. (Don't worry, all players have suffered from the Origin blues, just ask Lockyer after 2005 when Joey proved that he was the superior half).

Joker's Wild

Coach
Oh you mean the guy who got the ball approximately 10 times, and set up NSW's only legitmate try. And was controlling the only attacking side that looked even remotely dangerous. The ONLY back in the entire team who didnt miss a tackle, in a game we lost due to inept defense

ohh yea, he f**ked himself :lol: you twit

Farah gave all the ball to Giddley and Wallaces side and they did f**k all, at least when it went to the other side with Jennings, Campese, Creagh and Hayne, we looked like scoring. It amazes me to this day why on earth we elected to attack through Wallace, Giddley, Lyon and McManus.

:lol: Oh my, and you have the audacity to call Knights fans biased.

Campese was a pedestrian and blew his rep chances all by himself mate. He barely ran the ball (which is his strength) and went missing in attack barring the 1 decent pass he threw.

BTW, he touched the ball 25 times mate but dont let the truth get in the way of your justification.

On Gidley-gate I can see both arguements.

The Newcastle side (minus Johns Magic): "C'mon guys, just leave him be".

Yeah I agree a lot of fans on here do get carried away and Gidley isn't anywhere near as bad as they suggest. I mean, going by the way some of the fans in this thread and others are describing him, you'd imagine he'd be playing to the level of Shannon McDonnell or me if you'd slot me into fullback (especially right now, I'd be so unco that I'd run into the post and bite my tongue...)

Then on the other hand, the majority opinion of: There's more deserving players ahead of him and I believe the role of a utility (especially in Gidley's case) isn't neccesary in the international arena.

I agree with this opinion. I mean if it was up to me, this would've been the Australian squad. (Given injuries)

1. Billy Slater
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Ben Hannant
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Justin Poore
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Ben Creagh
17. Sam Thaiday

18. Josh Morris
19. Michael Ennis
20. Cooper Cronk
21. Dave Taylor
22. Keith Galloway
23. Luke Douglas
24. Brett Morris

To me that would've been a fair squad with the perfect balance of forwards and backs.

Boyd earns his spot largely due to his ability to play on the right wing and for the fact that I can't think of anyone who's better (Monaghan maybe...but he didn't have a great season).

I also find it humerous that some of you Knight's fans find it difficult to accept that Gidley put in a poor Origin performance. The area's in which he was poor had little to do with Peter Wallace, Terry Campese and Robbie Farah and frankly he's done little since bursting onto the represenative scene in 2007. In all fairness, he certainly deserved his place in the Origin side, especially this year when he was among the five best players in the NRL (at that stage). Following Origin though, it was easy to see that the series had taken it's toll on Kurt. (Don't worry, all players have suffered from the Origin blues, just ask Lockyer after 2005 when Joey proved that he was the superior half).

Good post mate.

No doubting that club fans will stick up for their players when they are being continually shat on by other posters and look to blame other players for a poor game. It happened during the Origin period with Tigers fans, Canberra fans (R69 just gave us a good example above) and Bronco fans for their players in the NSW side copping a pasting in the interstate forum and it now seems to be Gidleys turn.

Its clear to most here that Gidley plays a certain role in a team and is very, very good at it and has never been given that same freedom at rep level because quite frankly, that style of play really isnt needed given the quality of players in those sides.

Im not even going to bother responding to those who are calling him a "hack", "crap" or whatever because thats just plain rediculous. At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinions but I suggest people on both sides of the arguement have a good look at their own biases before bagging others for theirs.

sh*tcan Gidley all you like but Knights fans will always value him as Im sure Canberra fans value Campo, Broncos fans value Wallace, etc, etc

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
There's no way Gidley's completely untalented but I do think that he's out of his depth in representative games.
That may or may not be excluding NSW, as I thought Gidley was burdened with being thrown in as captain and it affected his game.
He certainly wasn't the only Blues player overplaying his hand, Robbie Farah was guilty of the exact same thing because both players have to do almost everything for their teams at club level.
It may come down to Gidley or Farah in the team next year.

aussies1st

Staff member
1. Billy Slater
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Ben Hannant
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Justin Poore
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Ben Creagh
17. Sam Thaiday

18. Josh Morris
19. Michael Ennis
20. Cooper Cronk
21. Dave Taylor
22. Keith Galloway
23. Luke Douglas
24. Brett Morris

Yep looks a great team, I can understand why you picked Boyd but I'd go Folau. Hes got that x-factor and seems to go well where ever you put him, agree with moving Hayne to the left side, hasn't had the same impact on the right.

Big Pete

Referee
Hence why I said 'given injuries'. =P

Remembering of course, Folau pulled out with a foot injury.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sorry Pete you have Thaiday over Gallen.

Entitled to your opinion.

Stats over season 2009 and even in just the 4 nations suggests you simply do not like Gallen and would prefer an inferior player.

Big Pete

Referee
Why would I dislike a player like Paul Gallen?

Thaiday and Gallen are different players who play different roles in the backrow so to suggest I chose him over Gallen is absurd.

If anything, I chose Hindmarsh and O'Donnell above him. For different reasons.

hutch

First Grade
getting sick of every article and news story saying that jennings is making his test debut. the world cup was only a year ago, he played 3 tests for tonga. he is making his australian test debut.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
The French team

1. Clint Greenshields (Catalans Dragons)
2. Vincent Duport (Catalans Dragons)
3. Teddy Sadaoui (Carcassonne)
4. Sebastien Raguin (Catalans Dragons)
5. Dimitri Pelo (Catalans Dragons)
6. Thomas Bosc (Catalans Dragons)
7. James Wynne (Lezignan)
8. David Ferrioll (Catalans Dragons)
9. Kane Bentley (Catalans Dragons)
10. Arty Shead (Limoux)
11. Oliver Elima – Captain – (Catalans Dragons)
12. Julien Touxagas – (Catalans Dragons)
13. Andrew Bentley (Catalans Dragons)
14. Christophe Moly (Carcassonne)
15. Romain Gagliazzo (Carcassonne)
16. Sebastien Martins (Catalans Dragons)
17. Mathieu Griffi (Toulouse)

Great to see Pelo back he looks the goods!

Latest posts