What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos team for French

pantherz9103

First Grade
hope thoses are'nt famous last words...

they held us for 40mins,the kiwis for nearly an hour....seems to me the french are just getting going...i'd watch out if i was you ;-)

They could probably beat England B but not even beat Australia F or G such is the depth of the NRL compared to SL.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gidley is a great club player because he's all heart and soul, and at that level he can get by on that and his enthusiasm.

I don't think he has the class to make it on the rep scene, and the current role he's been given is unfair on him because he's not an impact player. Unless a back goes down injured he's completely surplus to requirements, and if one does people will complain that XYZ is a better half or centre or winger or whatever position Gidley will have to fill in, even though XYZ can only cover one position.

He's got the job no one wants, and he gets crucified for doing what he's told.

Hindyscrack

Bench
lol @ the Gidley hate, too old? he's 27.
He finally gets a shot at his preferred position give him a shot, nobody complains about nuffies like Josh Morris,White,Lewis and Shillington getting picked

Everyone complains because he isnt even in the top 5 of his preffered position... yet he still makes rep squads based on a myth that he is a utility.

may be able to play in a variety of positions, but none of them he is outstanding.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Every poster defending Gidley is a Newcastle fan, surprise surprise.

Is there one non-Newcastle fan that believes its a deserved selection? I doubt it.

mozza91

Coach
Every poster defending Gidley is a Newcastle fan, surprise surprise.

Is there one non-Newcastle fan that believes its a deserved selection? I doubt it.
Maybe it's because we've seen and know what he's capable of because we watch his performance closer then fans of other teams.
Give him a shot because he can be a great fullback watch any game from the first 2 months of 07 where he played better at fullback then Jarryd Hayne ever has.

Boganater

Juniors
But he's from Newcastle... isn't that reason enough to select him? Forget that he's average in every way. Brace yourselves he we will probably be Captain and fullback for NSW next year.

No no no no no. Why are we resting players. They've played a whole two games, are they already that worn out that if they play this week they'll miss the final? The only reason a player should EVER be rested is if it means missing this one ensures they don't miss one further down the track that they would miss if they played this game.

Boganater

Juniors
Who are you talking about Shillington? Campese? Monaghan?
I'd have any of those 3 in there before Gidley. Campese played in the world cup when he was on fire tell me who was a better 5/8 at the time besides Lockyer? Monaghan was good enough at the time to play for Australia.
Shillington was lucky to make the tour but at least he played ok in origin before getting picked for Australia.
Gidley played like sh*t in Origin,played like sh*t for Newcastle and still got selected because he has friends in the right places as have a lot of Newcastle boys over the years. Gidley is mediocre just admit it. He's a solid first grader at best.

mozza91

Coach
I'd have any of those 3 in there before Gidley. Campese played in the world cup when he was on fire tell me who was a better 5/8 at the time besides Lockyer? Monaghan was good enough at the time to play for Australia.
Shillington was lucky to make the tour but at least he played ok in origin before getting picked for Australia.
Gidley played like sh*t in Origin,played like sh*t for Newcastle and still got selected because he has friends in the right places as have a lot of Newcastle boys over the years. Gidley is mediocre just admit it. He's a solid first grader at best.
Better 5/8's Prince,Sutton,Anasta anyone really.
If you had a shred of Rugby League knowledge you'd realise that other then 2 errors in game 1 Gidley had good Origin series he was great in a losing side in Game 2 and was very solid in Game 3.
He's great at club level even the blind Gidley-haters on here know it, maybe he's not a Rep player but he is very good player.
Name 1 Knights player who didn't deserve to be picked for Australia in the past?

Boganater

Juniors
If you had a shred of Rugby League knowledge you'd realise that other then 2 errors in game 1 Gidley had good Origin series he was great in a losing side in Game 2 and was very solid in Game 3.
He's great at club level even the blind Gidley-haters on here know it, maybe he's not a Rep player but he is very good player.
Name 1 Knights player who didn't deserve to be picked for Australia in the past?
Campese was the next best 5/8 this time last year bar none. Gidley may have only made 2 errors, but if the game was only about not making errors then no one would score points. He was pedestrian in attack and f**ked up the halves even more by selfishly calling for the ball at the wrong time. He is a 1st grade player that's it.

mozza91

Coach
Campese was the next best 5/8 this time last year bar none. Gidley may have only made 2 errors, but if the game was only about not making errors then no one would score points. He was pedestrian in attack and f**ked up the halves even more by selfishly calling for the ball at the wrong time. He is a 1st grade player that's it.
Have you not seen a Knights game in the last 3 years?

mozza91

Coach
Have you watched a Knights game in the last 3 years?
Campese had like 3 good games last year and the fact he played for Australia and NSW cheapens the value of both jerseys.

I tend to agree

^An example of a Knights fan with a brain. (A rarity on these forums). Good on you for keeping it real.

mozza91 said:

^An example of a typical, dumbass Knights fan with his head up his ass. LOL @ "name 1 Knights player who didn't deserve to rep" - I could go all f*ckin day long.

user_nat

Coach
So since it is likely that Lockyer won't play the whole.. who gets captain when he goes off?

What's the bet it's Gidley..

Latest posts