What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos team for French

alexc

Hodges is one of the best players in the game so you can't piss him off just so the guy on the wing can get a touch. Unfortunately for Hayne it is just harder to make something happen on the wing. Especially in a team where everyone in the backline is f**king awesome at making sh*t happen.

As for the 'Australia B'... I'm sure NZ and England would love to be able to pull those players in as replacements. Sure they aren't as good as Inglis or Hodges but they could stick it to any team easily.

Kurt Gidley left a sour taste in my mouth after Origin 09. He had a shocker along with Peter Wallace (although Wallace was back in great form towards the end of the season).

watatank

Coach
I'm slightly worried about our forwards, particularly with that bench. France have an underrated good forward pack but we should have too much class overall.

Goddo

Bench
This will be Gidley's last outing I think in Green and Gold. Too old, too slow. Overated. I think his future for NSW might be in doubt too. A bench spot at best becons. Good, I am sick of the deadwood selections.

mxlegend99

Referee
This will be Gidley's last outing I think in Green and Gold. Too old, too slow. Overated. I think his future for NSW might be in doubt too. A bench spot at best becons. Good, I am sick of the deadwood selections.
Hopefully you're right, but he hasn't ever deserved to be picked yet has still managed to make the side.

These selections really make me feel sorry for the Tigers fans. He seems to be even worse then Matt Elliott when it comes to ridiculous team selections. Picking the Dally M player/fullback of the year on the wing to accommodate an average fullback that has earned a utility tag by sucking in a number of positions. :sarcasm:

Noa

First Grade
:lol: @ all the people who still think hodges is the reason we havent seen hayne. the ball hasnt gone to the right in the two games played. doesnt matter who's inside hayne if the ball doent get to the centre it aint gonna get to the wing ffs

i dont have a problem with the team except for gidley at fullback. id be putting hayne there and getting him into some form and sticking gidley onto the wing

Well said.

I for one am getting tired of the excuses for Hayne.

Kells

Juniors
the australia team v france is:

1. Kurt Gidley 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Michael Jennings 5. Jarryd Hayne 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Johnathon Thurston 8. Ben Hannant 9. Robbie Farah 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Nathan Hindmarsh
Interchange: Cooper Cronk, Luke Lewis, David Shillington, Sam Thaiday

wtf is with gidley at fullback! if u r going to rest slater then hayne has to be fullback! no way is gidley a better fullback than hayne, and jarryd def deserves a go after his awesome year.

dipsh*t sheens better not keep this as his starting team

DeeJ

Bench
My guess is that he wants Hayne to have more time on the wing to prepare for the final.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If Gidley needs to be in the same team as Hayne/Slater, he should be in the centres.

I know sheens wants to be known as a master tactician, but i thinks he's going about it the wrong way.

Hayne at fullback or not at all.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The guy shouldnt even be on tour let alone in a test side

No doubt you think one of Canberra's many superstars deserved his place. Alan Tongue or .... yeah, I'm struggling to come up with anyone else. What former criminals, kids waiting for their chance to leave, and old nobodies are playing down there now?

Raider_69

Post Whore
No doubt you think one of Canberra's many superstars deserved his place. Alan Tongue or .... yeah, I'm struggling to come up with anyone else. What former criminals, kids waiting for their chance to leave, and old nobodies are playing down there now?

:lol: try playing the ball and not the man, that just came off as really insecure

Nope, our only tourist was lucky there were injuries in his position. I dont think anyone else warrented a start based on this year, Dugan aside but you shouldnt get picked to play for country off half a year of good footy. Plus i tend to think you dont need 3 fullbacks on a Kanagroo tour, we have Hayne and Slater, we have Morris or even Lockyer who can go back there if sh*t happened. Giddley is not even top 5 in his position, his abilities as a utility are greatly exagerated. He is a fullback, a decent one but not a particularly great one. He cant play hooker with any degree of usefulness, he cant cover the outside backs without being a liability, and he's not big enough to play in the forwards. And the less said about his work in the halves, the better.
He's a jack of all trades, master of none.

The bloke quite simply isnt a good enough player to be playing for his country.

mxlegend99

Referee
Considering that we have atleast 4 better fullbacks on tour at the moment, he shouldn't have been anywhere near the squad letalone getting a starting position ahead of the Dally M player of the year.

He must give great head to be selected ahead of players who are truly great in the positions he has covered.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Could field Australia F and still beat the French comfortably. Just a practice game this. Hope the Panther players play well.

roughyedspud

Coach
hope thoses are'nt famous last words...

they held us for 40mins,the kiwis for nearly an hour....seems to me the french are just getting going...i'd watch out if i was you ;-)

mozza91

Coach
lol @ the Gidley hate, too old? he's 27.
He finally gets a shot at his preferred position give him a shot, nobody complains about nuffies like Josh Morris,White,Lewis and Shillington getting picked

bobbis

Juniors
Would've preferred to see Hayne at the back, but if they're going to play him at wing in the important tests he might as well get the practice.