What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

Gronk

Staff member
No merkin, he wears number 7. That means he plays first receiver and steers the team around the park.

Norman is the five-eighth so he's the only one who's allowed to pass to the backs.

Heard lots of "expert" commentators saying how well Sandow was steering the team around the park. :lol:

ash411

Bench
He had a bad game, plain and simple.

He missed 3 kicks and passed an interception, which is 12 points in total. He personally cost us 12 points yesterday. No one can dispute that fact.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player or that he shouldn't be in the side, cause he is, and he should be, he's our best choice at 7 that we have, and he's probably the best 7 we've had in a lot of years, but you can't possibly think that he played well yesterday. Anyone who does is fooling themselves.

Let's hope he can shake it off and get back on form for the next game, cause we'll need him. But he needs to work on his goal kicking, it's been off since he's been back.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He had a bad game, plain and simple.

He missed 3 kicks and passed an interception, which is 12 points in total. He personally cost us 12 points yesterday. No one can dispute that fact.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player or that he shouldn't be in the side, cause he is, and he should be, he's our best choice at 7 that we have, and he's probably the best 7 we've had in a lot of years, but you can't possibly think that he played well yesterday. Anyone who does is fooling themselves.

Let's hope he can shake it off and get back on form for the next game, cause we'll need him. But he needs to work on his goal kicking, it's been off since he's been back.

People keep harping on about his intercept, but what about Hayne? People gave him 3 points.

The difference is Hayne scored two and set one up, but his play was just as dumb.

Personally, I think Sandow was good. Not great, not horrible - good. He certainly did some bad things, but he also did plenty of good things.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
He did have a bad game. But some posters think if you say that it means you reckon Kelly should replace him.
We've got some mentally challenged ones around these parts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He did as much good as bad. He had an average game, which for a player like him means rocks and diamonds.

Diamonds good, rocks bad. Rocks and diamonds average.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Has premierships ever been won in the modern era with rocks and diamonds players in the halves?

ash411

Bench
People keep harping on about his intercept, but what about Hayne? People gave him 3 points.

The difference is Hayne scored two and set one up, but his play was just as dumb.

Personally, I think Sandow was good. Not great, not horrible - good. He certainly did some bad things, but he also did plenty of good things.

I never said Hayne's intercept wasn't a bonehead move, but his offload was a hail mary hoping someone was in support, Sandow threw a pass without reading the defense line first, which he should have, but I'm nowhere near as mad about that as the missed conversions, particularly the last one, that is where he lost the game.

He had good moments, the 40/20 kick was great, but the bad way outweighed the good in my opinion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Has premierships ever been won in the modern era with rocks and diamonds players in the halves?

Whoah, let's just worry about making the finals.

We will give the premiership a proper tilt next year and if Sandow's not up to it he's off contract then anyway.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I never said Hayne's intercept wasn't a bonehead move, but his offload was a hail mary hoping someone was in support, Sandow threw a pass without reading the defense line first, which he should have, but I'm nowhere near as mad about that as the missed conversions, particularly the last one, that is where he lost the game.

He had good moments, the 40/20 kick was great, but the bad way outweighed the good in my opinion.

I didn't mean to single you out.

It was just a curious thought to me that a lot has been said about Sandow's intercept, but people have praised Hayne as having a great game - without taking into account his pass.

I don't think Sandow was outstanding, but I agree with Pou - he did everything in his power to help us win. He dropped a few balls and made a few bad decisions, but he was solid IMO.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I thought Sandow was pretty good. Not sure why he is being singled out. I guess some people just need a scapegoat.

Chipmunk

Coach

I actually think we lost because our 3 most senior players made crucial errors at critical times. Hayne and Sandow very poor options that lead to 2 tries and Mannah dropped the ball that lead to the great field position for the Tigers to kick the field goal.

Sandow not kicking the last goal also didn't help our cause. I can understand missing the first 2, but he really should've kicked that last goal

Eelementary

Post Whore
I actually think we lost because our 3 most senior players made crucial errors at critical times. Hayne and Sandow very poor options that lead to 2 tries and Mannah dropped the ball that lead to the great field position for the Tigers to kick the field goal.

Sandow not kicking the last goal also didn't help our cause. I can understand missing the first 2, but he really should've kicked that last goal

I agree with you, mate - he definitely should have kicked the last goal. I actually couldn't believe he missed - maybe the crowd pressure got to him? I don't know.

And I am not saying he was brilliant - he had a few errors in his game, undoubtedly.

But I believe we saw a Sandow that came within a whisker of leading us to a win, his goal kicking notwithstanding.

Mannah dropped a ball which he would never normally do, but I suppose it can be mitigated somewhat because he probably played big minutes with Edwards and Allgood both off, and so he was probably fatigued after battling with the massive Tigers pack all day.

I am disappointed we lost, but I think, given Sandow had a penalty (and possible try) denied, Hopoate had a try denied, and we scored more tries than they did [I can't emphasise enough how impressed I am that they scored only one "legitimate" try, post: our defence, although we conceded a few breaks, was phenomenal"], we can take a lot out of this game.

It doesn't excuse the fact we should have won but lost, but it bodes very well for the future.

And I am going on record right now as saying I am confident we will play Finals football this season.

Chipmunk

Coach
I agree with you, mate - he definitely should have kicked the last goal. I actually couldn't believe he missed - maybe the crowd pressure got to him? I don't know.

And I am not saying he was brilliant - he had a few errors in his game, undoubtedly.

But I believe we saw a Sandow that came within a whisker of leading us to a win, his goal kicking notwithstanding.

Mannah dropped a ball which he would never normally do, but I suppose it can be mitigated somewhat because he probably played big minutes with Edwards and Allgood both off, and so he was probably fatigued after battling with the massive Tigers pack all day.

I am disappointed we lost, but I think, given Sandow had a penalty (and possible try) denied, Hopoate had a try denied, and we scored more tries than they did [I can't emphasise enough how impressed I am that they scored only one "legitimate" try, post: our defence, although we conceded a few breaks, was phenomenal"], we can take a lot out of this game.

It doesn't excuse the fact we should have won but lost, but it bodes very well for the future.

And I am going on record right now as saying I am confident we will play Finals football this season.

I too thought Sandow generally went pretty well yesterday.

I think we will lose too many games like we lost yesterday and the Manly game a month ago to make the Top 8. If we do not win 2 out of our next 3 games I think we will be no hope.

emjaycee

Coach
I think we will lose too many games like we lost yesterday and the Manly game a month ago to make the Top 8. If we do not win 2 out of our next 3 games I think we will be no hope.

If we can play for the rest of the year like we have for the last 5 weeks, we are a serious chance of beating Cowboys, Raiders, Dragons, Sharks, Knights and Warriors each time we play them. That would be 10 more wins. Unbelievable but not impossible given the form we have shown lately and the form of the above teams over the same timeframe.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We are definitely a good chance when versing those teams. Might even jag a few against some of the others as well.

Chipmunk

Coach
If we can play for the rest of the year like we have for the last 5 weeks, we are a serious chance of beating Cowboys, Raiders, Dragons, Sharks, Knights and Warriors each time we play them. That would be 10 more wins. Unbelievable but not impossible given the form we have shown lately and the form of the above teams over the same timeframe.

I wouldn't argue that we have the potential to win any game that we play in. Having the potential to win and actually winning and coming away with the 2 points are two different things though. As I said, I think there will be few more losses like yesterday and against Manly and we will miss the Top 8. Not by far though.