What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karate Kid Remake! Don't do it please!

St. Brett

Juniors
thomas_ian_griffith_agency_pic8.jpg

Is that really Mr. Silver today?
He looks like the shwashshank redemption feller.

Do you think The Karate Kid 3 flopped because the 80's ended and the 90's shipped in?
KK3 wouldn't have been released until 1990 right, it was made in 1989 but would have been released after 1990 right? So I reckon tha's why it wasn't given a fair go.

Jesus age does terrible things to people.

Daniel LaRusso today with his daughter?
RJMacchio2_080903.jpg

He looks like some Gyro pizza-selling struggle street feller today.
I hate seeing the stars from yesterday today.
They're not the same.
When I found out Krammer wasn't as funny in real life I never looked at him the same way again.

I want to remember The Karate Kid as being the kid in school.

Kreese hasn't changed since his Charlie Angels days.
martin-kove.jpg

If I check out Mike Barnes on the net here in the library all these sexy boy images come up like he's a hunk for hire, or something, and the people behind me will think I'm scanning for male bodies and make assumptions..
So Karate's nasty boy thinks he's eye candy does he?
Do you think there was production problems or financial problems on the set of KK3? At the start Mike Barnes hair is very short but at the end in the final fight it's very long if you look close.
Daniel sported about 3 different hair styles too.
His acting was kind of eratic in part 3.
The way he said the lines was ameturish.
Especially the part putting the little tree back.
Bet you're glad to be back home little guy.
Here's a nice cool drink of water.

Last edited:

Engine

Juniors
This is just wrong....

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=718918

Kung Fu movie legend Jackie Chan is being lined up for a role in a remake of the hit 1984 film The Karate Kid, entertainment industry press reported on Wednesday.
Daily Variety reported that Hong Kong star Chan, 54, was in final negotiations for the part of the elderly guru who teaches karate to a young boy, played by Jaden Smith, the son of Hollywood icon Will Smith.
The original Karate Kid starred Ralph Macchio as a youngster who learns to defend himself from bullies by learning martial arts from an eccentric mentor, played by the late American-Japanese actor Pat Morita.
Morita, who earned a best supporting actor Oscar nomination for his performance Mr Miyagi, died in 2005 aged 73.
The film spawned two sequels starring Macchio and Morita, as well as a fourth instalment in 1994 The Next Karate Kid, starring future best actress Oscar-winner Hilary Swank.

bulldog

Bench
Agreed Engine, just plain wrong.

Morita, who earned a best supporting actor Oscar nomination for his performance Mr Miyagi

Jackie Chan for an Oscar anybody? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, Jackie is awesome - but he can't act to save his life.

Engine

Juniors
Exactly. I am a big fan of Jackie Chan's movies. But, it is the wrong role for him. He'd absolutely shock the world if he pulled it off. He has no chance in hell of doing so though.
Will Smith's son is also a shocking choice.

The movie has bomb written all over it.

Engine

Juniors
They’ve also hired a director. Harald Zwart (”The Pink Panther 2’) will direct the film. The film will begin shooting early this summer in Beijing, and will obviously keep the original character names as well as the storyline.

Can it get worse??? They'll prob hire Zac Efron to be Johnny Lawrence and Nic Cage for John Kreese.

Engine

Juniors
Here are some reason why John Kreese is the baddest man ever!!!

10)Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy...this credo goes against every classic belief system for the fundamentals and usage of martial arts and that's precisely why the Kai are so talented, ruthless, and successful. In the real world, it's about surviving aka winning.

9)He orders Bobby to chop strike a floored, helpless Robinson after he had already taken him down with a kick to the gut in a non-tourney point spar - You gotta love that...your sensei tells your opponent/teammate to keep kicking your a$$ after your down and out.

8)After his prize student has to settle for second, Kreese promptly proceeds to crack his trophy in half and nearly choke him out while fending off the rest of the Kai - I love this, this hardcore maniac doesn't give a crap if he loses every student he has, his business, his rep, or time in jail due to assaulting a teenager...he just wants Johnny to understand how weak he is for not intercepting a flaccid crane kick.

7)He orders Bobby to put Danielle "out of commission" - Poor Bobby, the Kai whipping boy (and it would have made a good match between him and Johnny; Johnny's technique vs. Bobby's passion); but also this shows how committed Bobby is to Kreese if he's willing to sacrifice himself.

6)He punches through TWO car windows and it barely phases him - I know Miyagi "defeats" him after this with a terribly frightening nose honk, but anyone else would have jumped in the car and drove to a walk in clinic with those bloody knuckles.

5)He's relaxing in Tahiti with bitches and he STILL wants revenge on LaPusso and Miyagi - "Make his knuckles bleed."

4)"Sweep the leg...you have a problem with that?" - Simple...win when you can, lose if you must...but always, always cheat.

3)"Beat it slope." - In the wake of the Vietnam War, who wants to be politically correct???

2)He makes Tommy train with his arm in a sling - this is my favorite by far...I never noticed that in the scene in KK1 when Miyagi and Danielle visit the CK dojo...Tommy is practicing strikes IN A SLING!
Tommy: "Sensei, my arm's in a sling!"
Kreese: "Hmmm...I guess after you train today, you'll only have one arm to help me lift my penis instead of the usual two."

1)The U.S. Army Karate Champion 1970-1972 - 'nuff said.

St. Brett

Juniors
Engine?

Was your new thread squished into this one?
No doing on my behalf.
Innocent of all charges.
No way...Mr. Silver is the baddest ever!
Watch part 3 again and watch how devious Mr. Silver is.
Everything fit so perfect for Mr. Silver.

Tell me they're not making Jackie chan Mr. Miyagi? Oh like I give a f*ck anyway. This new sh*t has already failed anyway.
With today's times I'm not surprised anymore when they steal and bite yesterday's sh*t.
Look at Rob Zombie....it's not enough he f**ked up Halloween now he's taking a second bite at the cherry and re-making part 2.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she blow his f**king face off?

Getting back to J. Chan...ain't he Chinese? Miyagi was Jap. How's that going to work? The new KK is destined to be a f**k up.
It's already flopped.
That Will Smiths son was in that flop The Day The Earth Stood Still and this KK re-make will fall by the wayside as well.
Gee, I wonder if he'll win in the end? Wonder what suspenseful ending will take place? Do you think he'll win?
Is this new KK re-make going to be a case rasicm? Will the black belt Jones Karate Kid (Will Smiths son) have to take on all white guys?
Eitherway this film is condemned to hateys.
I e-mailed them already and told them to shove it up their coits!

Last edited:

St. Brett

Juniors
Filmed in Beijing? That smog city? Is this a Californian story or China's way? This will have no soul what so ever.
China needs that clear drug to boost China's airwaves.

Remember Jackie Chan in that movie where he goes up to that black guy and says, 'what's up my gentleman?'

I won't be surprised if the cast from High School Musical 3 is picked for the Cobra Kai's!

Kreese hasn't changed since his Charlie Angels days.
martin-kove.jpg
he's always reminded me of wayne rogers ... uncanny

Getting back to J. Chan...ain't he Chinese? Miyagi was Jap. How's that going to work? The new KK is destined to be a f**k up.
It's already flopped.
That Will Smiths son was in that flop The Day The Earth Stood Still and this KK re-make will fall by the wayside as well.
Gee, I wonder if he'll win in the end? Wonder what suspenseful ending with take place? Do you think he'll win?
Is this new KK re-make going to be a case rasicm? Will the black belt Jones Karate Kid (Will Smiths son) have to take on all white guys?

lol this keeps getting worse

jackie chan? almost as bad as will smiths son being in it ... isn't he like 10 years old anyway?
and set in beijing? LOL wtf?

i can see some bullsh*t racial angle being played from a mile away ... asians don't like the black american ... jackie chan is the only one who does and trains him ... he enters some hookien noodles tournament and wins ... Karate Kid remake in a half paragraph

i just hope they don't plan on making sequals to the remake

Remember Jackie Chan in that movie where he goes up to that black guy and says, 'what's up my gentleman?'

HAHA rush hour!

i wonder if he'll break out into song

"karate ... huh ... what issssss it a good for? absorootrey nothing"

Reminds me of that Souths Park episode where the boys try to stop Steven Spielberg and George Lucas from mucking around with the original Indiana Jones and Star Wars movies.

This sh!t is criminal. Once a movie is made and becomes an icon like the Karate Kid, there should be some International law that swings into action to protect it for at least 50 years.

I heard a rumour that movie studios OS are in talks to remake Grease. This would be a travesty as well.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm reluctant to blame the writers for the sort of crap that's going on in the movie industry. The studios are the ones that approach them and what writer in their right mind would turn down a high paying job, especially if it's a movie they were a fan of as a kid.

Unfortunately movies now are all style and no substance as special effects and name actors have become more important than plotline and characters. It's all about stuido profiteering, and these days with just about every half successful movie having a direct to DVD sequal, the profiteering of movie studios will continue to cheapen the legacy of great films such as the Karate Kid.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just a quick look at some movies due out this year that fit into the remake/sequel category.

Sherlock Holmes, Princess and The Frog, Alvin and the chipmunks 2, X-men:Wolverine, Transformers 2, Terminator 5, Night at the museum 2, Land of the lost, Ice Age 3, GI Joe, Underworld 3, Street Fighter: The Rise of Chun-Li, Pink Panther 2, Friday The 13th, Fast and The Furious, Star Trek.

And those are just the ones with cinema realises. Nevermind the piles of crap being released straight to DVD. Deep Blue Sea 2 anyone? Who's seen Lost Boys 2 or Snakes on a Train?

St. Brett

Juniors
I've been doing some thinking.

You know...this new KK film, with Will Smith's son, is destined to be a f**k up, right?
We've all established that, right?

You are kidding that it's being filmed in smog city (Beijing) right?

Well, I was thinking...with today's times, with kids who can't use their fists...what will happen in this remake is this.

bdiaries.jpg

Follow me?

The Karate Kid of today, with today's times, will get beat up all through the movie then in the end instead of fighting at the all-valley-noodle-bowl tournament he'll just return to school one morning Columbine style with his carbine and sawn off and say f**k this world! "THIS WORLD NEVER GAVE ME A CHANCE!" Don't go to the prom with me will ya!
With his remington rifle he'll mow mother f*ckers down and win the girl over.

Are you guys aware that photo's of Klebold and Harris dead are readily available online? Just go to google images and punch in their names.
There's 2 photo's.
One has been digitally altered.
A face has been copy and pasted on for some reason.
Harris didn't shoot Klebold!
Harris has brain matter on his leg from Klebolds dome.
There was a third party involed.

Last edited: