What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karate Kid Remake! Don't do it please!

Generalzod

Immortal
Here's another remake announced:

Dimension Films is proud to announce that [COLOR=#82A600 ! important][COLOR=#82A600 ! important]Clive [COLOR=#82A600 ! important]Barker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], whose spine-tingling films have terrified audiences across the globe, is set to team with [COLOR=#82A600 ! important][COLOR=#82A600 ! important]Dimension [COLOR=#82A600 ! important]Films[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] to remake his most celebrated thriller, Hellraiser. Barker will write the screenplay and serve as a producer. Anthony Diblasi and Joe Daley will co-produce the remake. No director or cast has been attached to the project yet. The announcement was made today by Bob Weinstein, Co-Chairman of The Weinstein Company.

First released in 1987, Hellraiser tells the chilling story of an unfaithful wife who attempts to assist her dead lover in his escape [COLOR=#82A600 ! important][COLOR=#82A600 ! important]from [COLOR=#82A600 ! important]Hell[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Based on Barker's critically acclaimed novella, The Hellbound Heart, Hellraiser was written and directed by Barker and spawned a lucrative film franchise.

Bob Weinstein stated, "We are excited to be in business with Clive Barker who created such an iconic character with Pinhead. We look forward to working with him to bring his fantastic vision to the big screen for a new generation of fans."

Richard Saperstein, head of production, and Matthew Stein, senior vice president of production for Dimension Films will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension.

Andrew Kramer, executive vice president of business and legal affairs, negotiated the deal on behalf of Dimension Films. Ben Smith and David Colden of Colden, McKuin & Frankel, negotiated on behalf of Barker. Barker is represented by ICM.

Born October 5, 1952 near Liverpool, England. Barker's literary career began with the publishing of his short story collection entitled The Books of Blood, Volumes 1-6. Barker made the jump to motion pictures, the result was an adaptation of his novella, The Hellbound Heart, into a film called Hellraiser. Barker's stylish, chilling directorial debut resulted in a movie franchise that has spawned eight sequels.

Barker's film career continued in many different capacities on such films as Candyman, Nightbreed Candyman 2: Farewell to the Flesh, Lord of Illusions, Gods and Monsters, & Saint Sinner.

During this time, Barker remained a force in the literary world, and publishing such novels as: Weaveworld, The Great and Secret Show, Everville, Imajica, Sacrament, Galilee, Coldheart Canyon, , The Thief of Always, & Damnation Game. - several of which have been set up with film and television studios through his Seraphim Films.

Most recently, Barker has published Abarat and Abarat II: Days of Magic, Nights of War, the first two books in a four-part children's book series. Barker has spent more than five years developing the series and created more than 500 oil paintings, which illustrate the books.

Dont't forget to also check out: Clive Barker Presents:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE00Q045AO5N29

St. Brett

Juniors
Who dredged this thread up? I was only reading my old print out last night of this thread and my writing's sloppy.

Anyone hear they're remaking Stephen King's IT?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone hear they're remaking Stephen King's IT?

I'd be fine with that. The original made-for-TV movie omitted a lot of the important stuff. People assume 'It' is about an evil clown and little else - but the bulk of the novel is about friendship and growing up.

Can't imagine a simple two, or even three, hour movie would be able to do all of it justice, though. I wonder if they'll have the balls to include the preteen orgy?

St. Brett

Juniors
Ohhh yer, apparently Ben Hanscom had the biggest dick of them all and squirted like mustard into the young Bevelery..
(She did end up with him in the end)
"Bev...what are you doing down there with all those boys? Now get home!"

There's that other bit in the book where some demented kid is giving Henry Bowers a hand job while Bev is watching.

I'd like to see a more detailed scene when they arrive back as adults before going to the Chinese meal and they all walk around reminiscing. (or is it after the meal?) They all take long walks in the book in different directions. (It's my favorite part of the book.) I like how Bill catches a cab and the diver hocks a loogee and he says, ''guy who catches that won't need bubblegum for a week.''
Follow IT to a T, in a movie, and it'll be a smash hit!
The book is a masterpiece. Although....there are 2 or 3 errors in the novel.
I like the part in the book how Bill, Ben and Eddie go into that house and Bill has the .45 and the werewolf jumps out of the sh*tter and Bill's there blasting away about his brother!
The start tells of the queer who gets killed and the story of the ax-man.
Include it.
The part with Eddie and his crate of lobsters from the train track?
Ben as a kid with his cold wet nose at school with his teacher walking home in the snow.
The end there with the violent storm. Have all the pipes exploding and trees uprooting.
Tell everyone who ''Bob f*cking Grey'' is too!
Include the Tee-pee scene where they're smoking the clubhouse out and astral traveling and see the begining of IT.
Lots more too.
And they definitely have to include more film time to Bev's violent b/friend Tom. Show how he goes after her (like Sleeping with the enemy) and how he bashes Bev's girlfriend the feminist.)
It'd be good if it was filmed in Vancouver like the original one too.
Use the same scenery but different actors. NO ZAC EFRON/Miley Cyrus Highschool musical bullsh*t either!
I expect nothing less than 10 hours and half time intermission.
Like...umm, The Stand. (that goes forever!)

It's a wonder Evil Dead hasn't been targeted too.

Last edited:

St. Brett

Juniors
Mailme.jpg

"A letter for me, what could it possibly be?"

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I gots no one to share this with.

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday.

hallome.jpg

Paid a hundred quid for it.
In its day it was only $2:25.

Should read this quote from the novel.
Quote, ''Enda's head and heart were carried to the summit of the Hill of Fiends where cowards and other outcasts were left to rot unblessed.'' end quote.
Pretty neat, eh?
It's a good read. I'm up to the part where he's been sentenced, as a 6 year old, to 20+ years to life in an asylum.
Stabbed his sister 31 times.
It was a sensual read about his sister and her B/friend Danny, who the police tried to nail it on!
Myer's actually speaks as a child.

Read this quote.
Quote ''It was almost impossible to recognize this piece of hacked flesh.'' end quote.

Don't think nobody's borrowing it either!
Get knotted!
The sow is mine!

P.S. I'm starting to watch my Bionic Woman DVD's. The Lindsey Wagner ones. It's heating up. I still like The Rockford Files though.

Last edited:

St. Brett

Juniors
Everlovin' Anti -

I thought I told you to change your moniker 3 years ago !!!????

I think this is what you're looking for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClbK4YYAAGk&feature=related

And it could be worse.....what about this?

rebel.jpg

I scrub up alright on a high definition monitor eh?

This one's half decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PtOR084UE&feature=related

:lol: Ya gotta watch this one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJW87WAu2fE&feature=related Keep watching it it's funny.

Anti....you can lend my Friday the 13th 6 novel or one of my numerous Hallowe'en 3 novels by Jack Martin if you want?
Can I interest you in my Hallowe'en 3 score CD by Carpenter and Howarth maybe?

Last edited:
Back back to the subject of re-makes:

This is an oldie, but good in its day - Bonnie and Clyde, a 1967 movie starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway.

It is going to be re-made and guess who is playing Dunaway's part:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355646/

And she isn't too happy about it (apparently).

St. Brett

Juniors
Was Hallowe'en ever this big in Australia?

hubert.jpg

Sorry, I wanted to share that with someone, but didn't know where to put it.
Taken thismorning only about 2 hours ago.
No, it's not a tumour taken out a gut it's a -
Nevermind.

I finished reading Curtis Richards Hallowe'en novel and have already sent away for Jack Martin's Hallowe'en 2 novel.
Got it for a steal at $32.

I even bought Open Season off some one from Holiday Florida.

Last edited:

St. Brett

Juniors
They're at it again, guys.

Rob Zombie is back to further deteriorate Hallowe'en.

walk.jpg

If you see some of the other ''house of a thousand corpses'' lookalike photo's for the new Hallowe'en 2 then you'll notice it looks just like an old Rob Zombie CD cover.

Jesus, I hate this.

mask2.jpg

I actually watched Zombie's Hallowe'en yesterday and the more I watch it the more I despize it.

The most horrifying books I've read have been a couple by Cormac McCarthy - "The Road" and "Child of God". Makes the likes of Clive Barker, Dean Koontz, Stephen King and James Herbert look like pussies.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Watched Karate Kid on TV1 the other day.

Was it wrong for me to laugh when Daniel-san was getting the sh*t kicked out of him, & be disappointed when he won ?

St. Brett

Juniors
God-King Dean-son

You're forgetting, guy, that the crux of the story was the part about the 5 to one problem.
So, that's what's bothering you, the odds.

One on one Daniel can take care of himself but 5-1 is unfair.

God King...you feel like matching!

King Dean-son this is a dojo not a knitting class! You don't drop a challenge and leave old man!

Like yesterday for example.

Brett Gaddes KO'd this gigantic root of all evils in the 12th round.

chop.jpg

digburyme.jpg

It took me from 11am till 5pm to get it out and even then I started doing it way back in December of last year.
I used brut evil ways of the umm, kata!
I was outstanding.

And as for Alien...he's trying to compare Koontz to my Halloween novel?
I paid $100 quid for it when he forked out $13 for his used secondhand book somewhere in Campbelltown!

TV1 are always showing The Karate Kid.

Which part are you actually refering to god-king Dean-son, in KK? Laughed at him getting his arse kicked in what scene.
I thought he held his own.
Don't foget he was new in town, and look at what he faced.
It was unfair.
He even had to contend with his mother's bullsh*t.

Oh, I got banned again at www.ohmb.net
I even got banned under the psyedonym Jennifer81.
America claims it's the land of the free with that whole freedom of speech bullsh*t but they -
Nevermind.

Anybody know what this is?
o_srDeRG0ekYMkoH1.jpg

You know what I'm getting next?
My Halloween 2 novel then today I finds this Hallowe'en: A Retrospective for sale by some Orange Grove Productions company where two film makers made a doco on the locations of the first 3 Hallowe'en films.
It's going to be boss.
I'll get to see Loleta CA.
It's only 20 quid.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
No, it's that he's a tosser. That strut of his... :lol:

Just finished watching Karate Kid 2. Chozen... now there's a guy I was glad to see get his arse handed to him.

Just gotta find Karate Kid 3 now. Can't see it on YouTube.

St. Brett

Juniors
Whose this Chozen character everone keeps talking about?

Is he the same guy as the lead baddy from part 4?

Where's Engine when you need him?
Engine you around? What's the name of the baddy from part 4?

King-Dean-son the guy I like best from part 2 is the invitation guy handing out the flyers - "would you like to bring your friend?"
Hear how he says it?
"Perhaps your friend would like to come?"
Hear his mind!
What a soft c*ck.

And see Daniel-son doing that funky chicken dance - see his f*cking legs go crazy like some 50's African American doing the funky chicken Tina Turner style.
He fair f*cking swings.
Yearrrr-harrrr!
I dunno if I like part 2.

When Daniel-son beat up Johnny at the end of The Karate Kid, he, jizzed, in, his pants.

When he won back ''Ali-with-an-eye'' at Golf'n'Stuff, he, jizzed, in his pants!

When Daniel, caught a fly with chop-sticks, he, jizzed, in his pants!

When Miyagi kung fu chopped the beer bottles at the beach, he, jizzed, in his pants!

When Daniel-son won at the end of the movie, Ali-with-an-eye, jizzed, in her pants.

When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense, he, jizzed in his pants. :)

P.S. the strut? Oh, you mean after he catches the fly and puts a spring in his step at the ankles?
That strut?
Watch his head in part 3 it inflated!
He was a bit of a boofhead at times.
Make sure you watch part 3 Dean.
Mike Barnes and Quick Silver are classics.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
This motherf**ker.

YujiOkumoto-KK.jpg

I think he holds the world record for saying the word coward every 15 seconds of dialogue.

St.Brett said:
King-Dean-son the guy I like best from part 2 is the invitation guy handing out the flyers - "would you like to bring your friend?"
Hear how he says it?
"Perhaps your friend would like to come?"
Hear his mind!
What a soft c*ck.

Hhahah. That guy was a nice person. His first line was the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXUCyrxiGA
9:33
" Coma to da daaance toniiiight. "

I've seen part 3 but I woulda been like 8 or something, but I remember fugg all. I'm not even gonna bother with the chick one.