What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayo Sports

Dogs Of War

Coach
Works with apple TV. If you add TLSTFF as the voucher code, then you get 2 months for $5 all up. better than any 14day trial.

gUt

Coach
watched Kayo via chromecast from my iphone and also on via the telstra TV box at my parents' place. All good. Occasionally the picture was wigging out a bit but there was a storm going and the internet isn't great at my place. All good so far.

Haffa

watched Kayo via chromecast from my iphone and also on via the telstra TV box at my parents' place. All good. Occasionally the picture was wigging out a bit but there was a storm going and the internet isn't great at my place. All good so far.
Yep, same issue friday night during the storm. Wasn't an issue saturday night or sunday.

Matua

Bench
Kayo is looking like a bust for me. It just cuts out too many times and the quality always drops frequently in the second game I watch. I've tested my other streaming services and they don't have these issues.

Then on Saturday my casting didn't stop even though I had closed the Kayo app on my iPad and switched channels and I couldn't stop what was casting. It was comedy gold and then the Kayo support people pissed me off by being condescending even after I fixed the issue myself.

What is weird is that there are no good Foxtel deals currently, which is damn annoying.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kayo is looking like a bust for me. It just cuts out too many times and the quality always drops frequently in the second game I watch. I've tested my other streaming services and they don't have these issues.

Then on Saturday my casting didn't stop even though I had closed the Kayo app on my iPad and switched channels and I couldn't stop what was casting. It was comedy gold and then the Kayo support people pissed me off by being condescending even after I fixed the issue myself.

What is weird is that there are no good Foxtel deals currently, which is damn annoying.

Weird. It’s been super reliable for me on both iPhone and iPad. Streams pretty much never cut out or do weird shit. But I only use an HDMI cable.... sounds like it might be a chromecast integration problem.

I’m watching the Channel Nine HD telecast at the moment and I think that my Kayo streams look just as good, and that a over a pretty rubbish ADSL connection (around 8Mbit/s)

beave

Coach

on your last bit, not sure if that’s true. Their latest deal is pretty good for mine. $58 a month for IQ4 box, Basic pack, Sport pack, Drama pack (GoT), HD. Pretty good overall IMO. It does say for new customers but I’m ringing them tomorrow and telling them I’ll be cutting it off if they don’t give me that deal as an existing customer.......

Pommy

Coach
on your last bit, not sure if that’s true. Their latest deal is pretty good for mine. $58 a month for IQ4 box, Basic pack, Sport pack, Drama pack (GoT), HD. Pretty good overall IMO. It does say for new customers but I’m ringing them tomorrow and telling them I’ll be cutting it off if they don’t give me that deal as an existing customer.......

Is the IQ4 any good? I think I used to have the IQ3 and it was the biggest pile of shit ever. Just so laggy and full of bugs.

beave

Coach
Is the IQ4 any good? I think I used to have the IQ3 and it was the biggest pile of shit ever. Just so laggy and full of bugs.

i’ve had mine for 6months and it’s fine. A lot bigger hardrive than the 3 plus it has the 4k ability. They had last weeks sharks/knights game on the 4k channel and it was great. The remote sometimes needs to wake itself up though when you haven’t used it for a while, it uses bluetooth instead of infrared like old school remotes and sometimes you press a button on it and it takes 4-5 seconds to do what you’ve asked it. That’s only if you haven’t used for an hour or so.

The user interface screens (tv guide) are a lot nicer than the 3 as well.

hunters

Juniors
All i want from Kayo at this point is to keep delivering this level of service and provide a Smart TV app so i can it straight off my Samsung tv (dont have chromcast but may buy one if the smart tv app doesnt come soon)
Using Kodi through an Xbox works a treat if this helps you in any way. I was almost going to waste money on an apple tv or chromecast until I found out about Kodi.

Mong

Post Whore

Can you get Foxtel without the box?

I share Kayo with my parents who live in a different city. It’s $12.50 a month each for all the sports channels.

Perfect AF...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Can you get Foxtel without the box?

I share Kayo with my parents who live in a different city. It’s $12.50 a month each for all the sports channels.

Perfect AF...

Same as me, how good is it? I share Kayo, Netflix and Stan subscriptions with mates, costs me about $20/month all up

Diesel

Referee
I just had a massive bitch to them about AFL appearing in my program guide when I’ve selected RL only.

Matua

Bench
Weird. It’s been super reliable for me on both iPhone and iPad. Streams pretty much never cut out or do weird shit. But I only use an HDMI cable.... sounds like it might be a chromecast integration problem.

I’m watching the Channel Nine HD telecast at the moment and I think that my Kayo streams look just as good, and that a over a pretty rubbish ADSL connection (around 8Mbit/s)
I use an iPad, the stream cuts on the iPad even when I'm not casting. I'm jinxed I tell you!

Latest posts