Kayo Sports

Discussion in 'Go ahead!...ask us anything!' started by Pommy, Jan 1, 2019.

1. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

I use the Edge browser on xbox one and works fine

2. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

The live channel button being down the bottom tells me they rather you watch stuff on delayed. Has no TV guide either.

Like others have said the preferences mucks up. I have marked certain teams as my team and they don't show yet other games from that same sport does. All stuff I am sure will get fixed with time

3. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

I’m sure the mileage varies depending on the browser. The main ones should work fine.

4. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

On the mobile app when you go to the event you want to watch there are live and from the start (delayed) buttons right next to each other? It doesn’t really seem to be trying to herd users towards either. It’s SO much better than the shithouse old NRL app which always seemed to give you live spoilers when you didn’t want them.

5. Matua

Matua Juniors

As I said above I was searching for the live Sydney 7's and had to scroll for a long time past all the not live versions that were there.

I do think the no spoilers function is great.

Hopefully they listen to feedback and make changes.

TBH $25/$35 versus $49 (Telstra Foxtel current intro 12 month deal, could probably knock off the HD fee with a bit of negotiating/waiting to the start of NRL season) is not that big an issue to me so I guess I'm less inclined to give them leeway. However, as I said above I'll use it for a month to see - as I stated above I was more impressed with the picture quality than I expected to be.

6. Matua

Matua Juniors

Logged on today and these were the top sports on my page:
    Soccer
    Cricket
    Soccer
    AFL
    Cricket
    Motor racing

I have League and Rugby selected as the sports I want to see. :rolleyes:

7. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

That weird, I’m getting a lot of the northern hemisphere rugby games at the top of my feed. Nothing at the top today though, they’re a little way down, I’m guessing because they’re not live.

I’m sure it’ll cha he one the season kick off properly or even when trials start if they get any coverage

8. Matua

Matua Juniors

So I sent feedback to them and they said they always put an assortment of live shows on the home page from what's trending on their customer base [so why ask for individual preferences?].

They also said they suggest sports you might be interested in [I told them the sports i was interested in :rolleyes:].

Anyway, we'll see how things go this weekend with the start of Super rugby and a couple of league games.

9. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

I think that about nails it. I think it always prioritises live stuff, then within that will prioritise your favourites. I’m definitely getting the NZ-India cricket at the top whenever it’s on, followed by NH rugby (as I’ve favourited the sport but none of the NZ teams). I imagine once the rugby/league seasons kick off they’ll be up the top.

Personally I think that’s good- it gives you an opportunity to jump on something you weren’t expecting live, and you can always scroll down to find the replays of your normal fixes.
    Was watching some sumo this morning, haha

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Matua likes this.
  10. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

When watching the games not live. ESL has the half time show etc but the All Stars didn't. Strange if they don't have all the chat between games