What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney's DUBIOUS team selections/use of the bench YET AGAIN!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Off the cuff or otherwise, it isn't the best thing to say when your bosses can hear you. Saying i don't know is a death sentence. All coaches say they have NFI do they? I don't remember Bennett ever saying he didn't know why he was successful.

Daniel Anderson took the team to a Grand Final then they slumped and he had no idea why, blaming his players etc. Then no one wanted to touch Parramatta. Remember all the players that decided to go elsewhere?

Daniel Anderson hasn't really achieved anything in the NRL. A couple GF appearances, but that doesn't equal WC and 4 nations victories.

And the thought of Wayne Bennett "carrying him" is ridiculous. You know that getting experience off such great people is a good thing and develops a coach. Bellamy was developed by Bennett, Bellamy developed Kearney. The cycle of great coaches.

It is a ridiculous backward logic argument.

The Eels management must have simply felt that the direction the club was going didn't suit and Anderson wouldn't deliver a title. A sentiment I agree with.

Kearney has Fuifui playing like a workhorse and Hayne is playing his best since 2009. Mannah is looking more like Lazzo every day and has taken the punt on talent like Loko and Allgood and they have performed well.

In my opinion you have summarized my feelings to perfection.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why does a thread about Kerney always end up with a debate on sk v da or why da was sacked.:?

It starts by one of two ways.

Someone making a comment about how good a job Stephen Kearney is doing and how we're much better suited now having a 'decent' coach. And then you've got people coming in saying we had a decent coach before and a war breaks out. It ends up being a game of ping pong.

On the other side of the scale people do bring up DA unneccasarily in some threads and that results in people defending Kearney which is fair enough too.

It only takes one post to further a response, and a response to that response, and a response to the response to that first response before it leads to what you're asking about.

True EEL

Bench
No I didn't, but took it on board. I don't expect it of anyone, but I appreciate that type of gesture. More power to you for doing so.

That's the problem. Your opinions will always be allowed, but if people disagree with them, or think at times you're a dickhead, so be it.

Lighten up champ. Very little you say, I agree with. So what? TBH, I think most of the time you DO just talk crap.
On the other hand, You think most of the time I just talk crap. Maybe I do. So be it. It's an internet forum. We're all going to disagree.

By the way, over all the years, there's probably just one or two people (of the dozens and dozens) on these forums that I wouldn't want to have a beer with.
You're not one of them, yet.
Some of my best footy friends have been made through these pages.

All in all, just chill, even when people don't agree with you. It takes practice, but I'm sure you'll get there.
Now STFU, and get back to talking shit like you're so good at. :lol:

Suity

PS. One of those people I wouldn't have a beer with is PJ Marshall. He's a complete knob.

ok. i have taken all that on board, even the shit bits ;-)

i appreciate the gesture on your behalf to take mine how it was meant and attempt to chill things out, as i have tried to do. and whatever you may think of me, i am not ever upset if people don't agree with me, its just how they portray their reaction or disagreement. i generally try to treat people the way they treat me and people will find that if they treat me with respect they will get it back in kind. i just don't like people unfairly judging people.

cool, thanks for the post. oh and i'll get back to talking shit, don't worry about that ;-) whether i beat you at it, now that's another story :cool:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Great f**king post.
We may not be winning games, but the platform is there to take this improvement further.
All we need to do is add a couple of pieces of the puzzle to the jigsaw, and I think we've already done that.

Suity

Took me 18 months to do a jigsaw puzzle once.

Quite proud really, corner of the box said for 4-6 years...