What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney's DUBIOUS team selections/use of the bench YET AGAIN!

NumberOne

Juniors
1. Robson?? Why???

2. and this one on my opinion is simply stupid...Pat O'Hanlon...and under 20's player with very little experience...sits on the bench the whole game last week...the whole 80 tonight...then Kearney decides to throw the rookie on in extra time???? WTF IS THIS GUY THINKING!!

Surely you Kearney defenders can't even justify this?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
1. Robson?? Why???

2. and this one on my opinion is simply stupid...Pat O'Hanlon...and under 20's player with very little experience...sits on the bench the whole game last week...the whole 80 tonight...then Kearney decides to throw the rookie on in extra time???? WTF IS THIS GUY THINKING!!

I so agree with you I do not know what the f**k this guy is playing, mind numbing choices off the bench, and really do think is all at sea, rotating the bench, picking the bench, amount of minutes off the bench the players get, what did Paulo get 6? why f**ken bother.:?

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Why does kearney even bother picking 17 players. When he only uses 16 each week. First it was Rogers, then webb now O'Hanlon. Why pick a player if your not going 2 play him.

bartman

Immortal
Robson I think was selected because Maguire had looked tired after going the full 8 in the halves the last few weeks. Thank god SK leaft Maguire on the bench!

But I couldn't believe it when I saw O'Hanlon's clean jersey for the very first time in the 80-somethingth minute.... Sometimes it's like Kearney's an amateur fantasy footy coach who's been given the reigns of a top-level club as a prize and is coming to grips with what it takes week by week. Was Hagan ever this bad this regularly? Was DA seriously ever this bad?

SK, get a clue about how to best utilise a four man bench rotation in the top grade, please! :crazy:

offside ref

Juniors
i was wondering the same thing myself im not sure wither its because because he is inexperinced or doesn't have faith in the bench or just doesn't read the game right.

but for f#*k me its beyond a joke. i'm not going to bad mouth him yet but ill judge him on next years results.

leo9999

Juniors
1. Robson?? Why???

Joseph Paulo did alright i dont understand why didnt he just put him back on to replace Reni instead plus he has first grade experiance next to his name.

strider

Post Whore
wayne bennett did it a few times - so surely it makes you a master coach also to do the same thing irrespective of the players/team/game :sarcasm:

Eels Dude

Coach
Robson was horrible tonight. I get the impression Kearney is still learning how to use his interchange as a first grade coach. But the fact he's using only 16 players most matches is worrying and that could very well be the difference between turning our few recent close losses into wins.

Who else is he going to F*cking choose ? In the game day thread there are some of your supporters complaint about centres, wingers and now your complaining about a halfback.

You are acting like Parra has tonnes of superstars playing in reserve grade, but kearney doesn't like them so he isn't playing them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he's only intending to use 16 most weeks. The 17th spot is in case of emergency, or to give a fringe player a few minutes if we ever manage to find ourselves in a comfortable position.

The fact is, if your best players can play 80 minutes then there's no reason to replace them with an inferior player just because they get a bit tired. Especially in a game as tight as the ones we've been playing.

Kearney well might not trust the guys on the bench, and before you say he should pick players he trusts, there might not be 17 at the club.

hybrideel

Bench
I had this in the game thread before i saw this. And that was before i heard the Paulo only got 6 minutes

i have to say some of Kearneys decision really leave me scratching my head
1. Bringing McGuire on at around the 55 minute mark. IF you are going to have 2 hookers you have to give then 20 stints each i think. otherwise it really defeats the purpose and it a waste of a bench player. Look at how the dogs did it and it worked perfectly.
2. Putting O'Hanlon on on the 81st minute. So once again we played 80 minutes with 2 bench players used and 55 or so with 2.
3. Putting Fui on in the last minute of the first stint of extra time. Yes we were going backwards with ball in hand but we were never going to get another set of 6 before the break so why waste his energy tackling? Either put him on as soon as you see we are getting hammered with ball in hand or wait until the 2nd period of extra time when we have the ball.
4. Having Robson anywhere near the first grade side. I think i'd rather bring back Corey Pearson as half than see Robson in Eels colours again
i just quoted myself :)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who else is he going to F*cking choose ? In the game day thread there are some of your supporters complaint about centres, wingers and now your complaining about a halfback.

You are acting like Parra has tonnes of superstars playing in reserve grade, but kearney doesn't like them so he isn't playing them.

Good post mate.

You're not such a prick after all.

Kornstar

Coach
When you have been given the green light to have a shit year, i guess you don't have to care if you make the wrong decisions......

As long as he learns these lessons for next year, he may be ok......i have a feeling the pressure will be on him if he loses the first few games, boards are only nice until no one bothers turning up to your games.......

Chipmunk

Coach
When you have been given the green light to have a shit year, i guess you don't have to care if you make the wrong decisions......

As long as he learns these lessons for next year, he may be ok......i have a feeling the pressure will be on him if he loses the first few games, boards are only nice until no one bothers turning up to your games.......

Wont make it to Round 13 2012

Eels Dude

Coach

You were the one last week whinging about Kevin Moore in the NRL forum and what a bad coach he was and he deserved to get punted. Doon't Parramatta fans have the right to question their own coaches decisions equally? Or are only Bulldogs supporters allowed to do that?

You were the one last week whinging about Kevin Moore in the NRL forum and what a bad coach he was and he deserved to get punted. Doon't Parramatta fans have the right to question their own coaches decisions equally? Or are only Bulldogs supporters allowed to do that?

LOL wrong person; I never once said that. TBH I thought(to my self) he should have been sacked but I didn't explicitly say, "Kevin Moore should have been sacked". In that thread all I was doing was facilitating the facts for everyone to make their own judgement, because people were making up facts.

You are allowed the right to question your coach, but your supporters ask too much of a person that didn't even get to choose his team; he inherited a mediocre team and he is doing the best he can with it.

Look at Moore, he actually chose his team; yet here we are only a couple of points above your team. Moore tried to buy success and it didn't work, only now are the Bulldogs brand seeing the error of his ways.

IMO if people give Kearney time your team will reap the rewards.

Eels Dude

Coach
LOL wrong person; I never once said that. TBH I thought(to my self) he should have been sacked but I didn't explicitly say, "Kevin Moore should have been sacked". In that thread all I was doing was facilitating the facts for everyone to make their own judgement, because people were making up facts.

You are allowed the right to question your coach, but your supporters ask too much of a person that didn't even get to choose his team; he inherited a mediocre team and he is doing the best he can with it.

Look at Moore, he actually chose his team; yet here we are only a couple of points above your team. Moore tried to buy success and it didn't work, only now are the Bulldogs brand seeing the error of his ways.

IMO if people give Kearney time your team will reap the rewards.

Time is a coach's downfall these days. At the end of the day they get judged on results... Daniel Anderson had less than 2 years. Kevin Moore has had 3. Steven Kearney could turn out to be a great coach, but in this day and age there are no second chances and he has a couple of years to prove himself. And that is all.

Latest posts