What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keary a dragon

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Really,after watching Keary tonight I do wonder what all the fuss is about!If we miss him it is a good miss.Honestly he is no better than what we have at the moment.Give Hutch or preferably Mann a go.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Regardless of whether it's due to spotty TPAs or genuine interest in performing well in a good team under a good coach, the fact that they come in last minute and sign him straight away is a sad reflection of where we're really at.

Edit: IF that's the case. Not going to give up on this one yet.

Actually, my point was related to how we apparently struggled to finally offer him $400k.
That's just a throw away line and not factual at all.
The reality is, O'Sullivan and Politis are two of the biggest shonky dudes involved in the NRL.
It wouldn't matter what we offered, they would outdo us, away from the cap.
Not a level playing field at all.

I hope we've reduced our offer !

RedVDragon

Juniors
Maybe, but what you are is a pile of shit.

Saintsified a tip take it easy on coast coward, do be too harsh on him as he will cry to the moderators and ask them to suspend you from the forum. Coast coward opinion is the only one that counts. You must understand he is a loner a loser and a lunatic. Put him on the ignore list.

Maximus

Coach
Saintsified a tip take it easy on coast coward, do be too harsh on him as he will cry to the moderators and ask them to suspend you from the forum. Coast coward opinion is the only one that counts. You must understand he is a loner a loser and a lunatic. Put him on the ignore list.

Says the sook who has a cry and goes and posts visitor messages on the profiles of people who upset him?

Minh

First Grade
Keary was really ordinary tonight and he was playing in the number 7 too.....wouldn't be fussed if we got him or missed him.

Saintsified wow what an intelligent come back good for you little fellow.

Oh Maximus i don't even have to read RedVDragons response its the same every single time it makes me laugh.

The usual some one is a coward, some one is a lunatic blah blah blah lol.

To think iving in Qld most people I know loath alot of Dragons supporters and now i see why.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Says the sook who has a cry and goes and posts visitor messages on the profiles of people who upset him?

Says the coward who has no guts to respond. I think you sulking to the broader community to gain sympathy show weakness. Put the dummy back in your mouth so it can stop you from crying. When you grow up then come and play little weed.

Old Timer

Coach
Red V

Stop all the slanging and lets get back to the real subject of the day.

Is Keary an upgrade on Rein because evidently Keary didn't go so well at half tonight?

RedVDragon

Juniors
Saintsified wow what an intelligent come back good for you little fellow.

Oh Maximus i don't even have to read RedVDragons response its the same every single time it makes me laugh.

The usual some one is a coward, some one is a lunatic blah blah blah lol.

To think iving in Qld most people I know loath alot of Dragons supporters and now i see why.

Exactly. The lunatic strikes back. I rest my case. Hahahahaha. Now go away. Coward...hahahahahahaha.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Red V

Stop all the slanging and lets get back to the real subject of the day.

Is Keary an upgrade on Rein because evidently Keary didn't go so well at half tonight?

Any under 9s player is an upgrade from Rein. I trust that answers the question. Now if Keary signs or not then that entirely up to him and his manager. Replace rein we then increase our chances of being competitive and winning games.

Dragsters

First Grade
Really,after watching Keary tonight I do wonder what all the fuss is about!If we miss him it is a good miss.Honestly he is no better than what we have at the moment.Give Hutch or preferably Mann a go.

Keary was really ordinary tonight and he was playing in the number 7 too.....wouldn't be fussed if we got him or missed him.

When this whole keary rumour started I stated that I wasn't sold on him being the answer but was told he was a genuine half playing out of position at 5/8.

I watched him in tonight's game closely as it was my first chance to see him in the 7.

He looked busy, as you would expect from a bloke in the spotlight being courted by a number of clubs, with his future earning potential on the line.

Souths as a team actually looked more committed than I have seen them in a while, so he had a team behind him who were "putting in" and while did some good things he failed to control the game as well as should have. He may devolop into a quality half but he also may not.

As a result I'm still not convinced he is what we need.

nrlnrl

First Grade
When this whole keary rumour started I stated that I wasn't sold on him being the answer but was told he was a genuine half playing out of position at 5/8.

I watched him in tonight's game closely as it was my first chance to see him in the 7.

He looked busy, as you would expect from a bloke in the spotlight being courted by a number of clubs, with his future earning potential on the line.

Souths as a team actually looked more committed than I have seen them in a while, so he had a team behind him who were "putting in" and while did some good things he failed to control the game as well as should have. He may devolop into a quality half but he also may not.

As a result I'm still not convinced he is what we need.

He wasn't helped by his forwards. Did anyone see the Burgess brothers in attack? Sam is a shadow of the guy who played in 2014 & Tom has slipped even further.

Old Timer

Coach
He wasn't helped by his forwards. Did anyone see the Burgess brothers in attack? Sam is a shadow of the guy who played in 2014 & Tom has slipped even further.

Souths look like their stuck in quick sand and every time they move they sink a bit more.

You're 100% right on the Burgess boys so maybe its not a very happy camp anymore.

Gareth67

First Grade
If I was Keary I would be having a good think before joining the Rorters as I believe that he would be most fortunate to see out a 2 year contract with them. The Rorters would be using him as a short-term proposition only. After 12 months they would be dangling a bigger carrot in front of Mitchell Moses,making Keary obsolete . Where as the Dragons would use him to form a permanent halves combination with Widdop . 3 years (plus )with Saints or possibly 2 with the Rorters ? I believe that Dragons management offered a fair $ value for Keary, leaving the ball in his court for at least (2 weeks) ? At the end of the day his final decision may lie with geography - the city where he is familiar or Wollongong where he would be a stranger .

Minh

First Grade
Totally agree regarding the Burgess brothers especially Sam, I had a feeling he was a huge risk at the kind of money they were paying to bring him back. Sam was a flop in rugby union compared to many other league converts and that alone would have set alarm bells ringing. Don't know what it is but maybe playing with that bad cheekbone injury in Souths GF may have taken a bigger toll than we think. It's like a boxer after a bad KO loss, he really is a shadow of his former self.

Old Timer

Coach
Totally agree regarding the Burgess brothers especially Sam, I had a feeling he was a huge risk at the kind of money they were paying to bring him back. Sam was a flop in rugby union compared to many other league converts and that alone would have set alarm bells ringing. Don't know what it is but maybe playing with that bad cheekbone injury in Souths GF may have taken a bigger toll than we think. It's like a boxer after a bad KO loss, he really is a shadow of his former self.

No longer Supersam just Clark Kent.

Quite sad really because he certainly was an athlete to be admired a couple of years back.

Does go to show how good an athlete SBW is though.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I was a fan of Keary based on 2014 form and performance, but him and the team are a shadow of the past. Based on his current 2016 form, I hope we do miss out on his signature and he goes to the Chooks. I do feel Jackson Hastings offers a better rounded game in attack, defence, kicking plus can fill in competly at dummy half. So fingers crossed he may land in our lap as a discarded reject, which seems to be our criteria and then the coaching team just need to work on his attitude.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Kodi Nikorima should be and always should have been our priority target to play in the halves. Him and Cherrington for the 9 jersey. I would also take Hastings over Keary.

Minh

First Grade
No longer Supersam just Clark Kent.

Quite sad really because he certainly was an athlete to be admired a couple of years back.

Does go to show how good an athlete SBW is though.

Agree, SBW is a super athlete. Sam Burgess of 2014 was the best forward in the world and he's so athletic I thought he'd kill it in union, his best might be behind him.

Latest posts