What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keary a dragon

Dragster

Juniors
Can we attract a half? Unbelievable that we have missed this player. We can't afford the Widdop/ Mashall show any more!

FlameThrower

Bench
Sorry to say, but in typical Dragons fashion we end up with nothing and need to look at Hastings, an unwanted player...seems a common link in last few years...
Massive cockup on on our side...

Jubileeboy

First Grade
We are talking about Hooper here.
Yesterday had him dead certainty and done deal to us. Today...the Roosters.
Let's wait and see

twinkletoes

Juniors
The Dragons were even quibbling about paying $400k a season form him.

I really think the time has come to stop buying average depth players, as that's all we can attract at the moment, and start blooding some young players in FG. Let them play with some of the established players and add some enthusiasm...yes its will take some time for them to adapt but this is a better option than staying in limbo as we have been for the past 6 years.
There are any number of very promising young players in the cutters and NYC..start giving them a go.

The current coaching regime has sadly become another Price era...with the same team named week after week regardless of performance. McGregor is stubborn and refuses to learn from his mistakes... not once have I heard him say our attack is non existent and woeful...its always about "D" and then the attack will come....well we've waited 2 1/2 seasons under his coaching and it still hasn't come

Dragster

Juniors

I really think the time has come to stop buying average depth players, as that's all we can attract at the moment, and start blooding some young players in FG. Let them play with some of the established players and add some enthusiasm...yes its will take some time for them to adapt but this is a better option than staying in limbo as we have been for the past 6 years.
There are any number of very promising young players in the cutters and NYC..start giving them a go.

The current coaching regime has sadly become another Price era...with the same team named week after week regardless of performance. McGregor is stubborn and refuses to learn from his mistakes... not once have I heard him say our attack is non existent and woeful...its always about "D" and then the attack will come....well we've waited 2 1/2 seasons under his coaching and it still hasn't come

I understand he will sign with the Roosters over the weekend

Probably... And probably for around $400k/ year... Rorters strike again .. a 2 year deal?? And then chase hard on Moses again in that period..

I am sure Tedesco will be in their sites shortly.. He should be THE ONE we chase.. A superstar. It was Farah who 'brought him back' from the Raiders.. And Farahs days are numbered at tigers ..

The Rorters though have stuffed up their recruitment in last year.. (Perhaps not as bad as us)... And given the chase for a 5/8 .. (missed on Moses).. You would think they will need to be offloading .. As 5 doesn't go into 2..

I would imagine Hastings / Nikorima would go.. They probably keep Watson, Pearce and make Matterson into a back rower at some stage.

Which means we will probably look to Hastings... But I think he is too slow and not up to it.. So we are where we usually are.. Chasing seconds.

Dragons a chance still though I guess .. He was marked as "their man".. But I sit reserved on this one.. I doubt he is the answer.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Rubbish. We refused to pay $800k, not $400. Nobody would pay $800 and I'll bet he signs at Roosters for less than our offer ...but will get new cars for his family, an under market value unit somewhere and god knows what else.
Our offer has been on the table for over a month. He's the one backing himself to get better.

BennyV

Referee
Rubbish. We refused to pay $800k, not $400. Nobody would pay $800 and I'll bet he signs at Roosters for less than our offer ...but will get new cars for his family, an under market value unit somewhere and god knows what else.
Our offer has been on the table for over a month. He's the one backing himself to get better.

Regardless of whether it's due to spotty TPAs or genuine interest in performing well in a good team under a good coach, the fact that they come in last minute and sign him straight away is a sad reflection of where we're really at.

Edit: IF that's the case. Not going to give up on this one yet.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Regardless of whether it's due to spotty TPAs or genuine interest in performing well in a good team under a good coach, the fact that they come in last minute and sign him straight away is a sad reflection of where we're really at.

Edit: IF that's the case. Not going to give up on this one yet.

Shame that didn't happen with Lafai, Mc Carthy, Sims, Mary and a few others.

Sorry Benny couldn't help but have a bit of a dig

Hastings wanted to leave us to play for daddy's club. Says to me his heart isn't at Saints and our management will probably offer him peanuts.