What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating/Kingston

hindy111

Post Whore
keating has a better deffense game than kingston
Kingston comes on when there tired and runs a muck-Not sure if he better jsut more dynamic.
Id lvoe to see him stay-A for robson-i wouldnt bother keeping him

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah why not..

our rotating hookers play a vital roll and both have been playing them to perfection..

and as I've been saying why want Tim Smith when we've got Robo???

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lets not forget Keating does the first twenty minutes when the game is normally pretty tight.

I would consider keeping Robson, as a back up 5/8 / half / hooker. I am thinking he could also play lock with his defence , what do you reckon ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Probably because Tim Smith and the other options mentioned can kick?

and robo is not only a great back up for KK and Morts but can also slot into 6, 7, 9 and 14...

and he's got a couple of strong shoulders...;-)

jk13

First Grade
every week i see robson make crucial tackles one on one that i know smith wouldn't make. robson could b the shane perry of para

The Colonel

Immortal
Kinga makes MK look absolutely pedestrian. I still can't work out why DA doesn't start him over MK.

I think Keatings contribution is being sold a bit short at the moment. There are certainly aspects of his game that need working on but he is doing a very good job in the middle of the field defensively. He is allowing Kingston to come on fresh against a tiring defense and take the team forward.

It is a very effective one two combination that is working extremely well at the moment. Why would he change things when they are working so well?

Bazal

Post Whore
and robo is not only a great back up for KK and Morts but can also slot into 6, 7, 9 and 14...

and he's got a couple of strong shoulders...;-)

Jeez, you'd wanna hope we don't get Thurston then, what with his "weak shoulders" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Robbo is ok for situations like we're in now, where we have no other options and have to scrape the barrel dry. Smith/Head/Green/whoever else are good enough to fill in if KK or Morts lose form and play like garbage. Robbo, as handy as he is in our current situation, is not.

The Colonel

Immortal
keating has a better deffense game than kingston
Kingston comes on when there tired and runs a muck-Not sure if he better jsut more dynamic.

The combination is very effective at the moment. I can't understand people wanting Kingston to start ahead of Keating at the moment when they are both doing a fantastic job in their current rotation.

jk13

First Grade
i don't think you can make the call until they reverse roles and u c how good kk goes at starting

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jeez, you'd wanna hope we don't get Thurston then, what with his "weak shoulders" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Robbo is ok for situations like we're in now, where we have no other options and have to scrape the barrel dry. Smith/Head/Green/whoever else are good enough to fill in if KK or Morts lose form and play like garbage. Robbo, as handy as he is in our current situation, is not.

well Thurston isn't facing a shoulder reconstruction for a start but to even compare thurston and Smith would be ludicrious don't you think??

Bazal

Post Whore
well Thurston isn't facing a shoulder reconstruction for a start but to even compare thurston and Smith would be ludicrious don't you think??

Maybe in terms of ability, sure...but they both have "dodgy shoulders" so it's a pertinent point. What about Tim Auremi? If the poor kid comes back and wants a start, should we tell him to get bent because of the risk posed by his neck problem? Or even Tahu, are you upset that we signed him with his hammy issues? That's the ludicrous thing here tbh...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Maybe in terms of ability, sure...but they both have "dodgy shoulders" so it's a pertinent point. What about Tim Auremi? If the poor kid comes back and wants a start, should we tell him to get bent because of the risk posed by his neck problem? Or even Tahu, are you upset that we signed him with his hammy issues? That's the ludicrous thing here tbh...

i do believe Tim Auremi is doing quite well for himself at the moment, the neck brace is off and is doing some light training, T will be fine..

on another note, there's a story in tomorrows sunday tele that isn't exactly going to warm the cockles of your heart regarding Tim Smith

Avenger

Immortal
i do believe Tim Auremi is doing quite well for himself at the moment, the neck brace is off and is doing some light training, T will be fine..

on another note, there's a story in tomorrows sunday tele that isn't exactly going to warm the cockles of your heart regarding Tim Smith

What is it ?

Bazal

Post Whore

Well that's great news about Auremi, but the point still stands and you haven't answered it tbh.

As for Tim Smith...I don't care if it's him, Green, Head, or one of the other back ups mentioned, I just want a back up half who can play attacking footy. If the club decides that that player is Tim Smith, or someone else, I'm happy with it. I just think it's unfair to throw a player of Smith's ability on the scrap heap because of what may or may not happen with an operation that has a very high success rate when you don't apply the same discourtesy to others.

Latest posts