What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

Calixte

First Grade
Hopefully now that the NRL's over we'll see some real progress in ticket sales.

Indeed.

As I said in the NRL forum, the 1957 RLWC tournament average is an impressive one to aim to improve for our game.

An average of just under 35,000 per match is nothing to be sneezed at in any sporting context.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
on the New England HWY at Hexam (near Newcasle) there is a billboard for the Newcastle Game.

There is also a billboard on the corner of griffiths and curley roads in broadmeadow which for those who don't know is in smack, bang in the middle of EAS and the Newcastle Entertainment Centre (where the ticketek office is located)

I've got my tickets for the EAS game - Pax 7884

When I was at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre a few weeks back I was waiting near the ticket office and some bloke came in and asked about WC tickets. You just reminded me of that.

Coastbloke

Bench
There is also a billboard on the corner of griffiths and curley roads in broadmeadow which for those who don't know is in smack, bang in the middle of EAS and the Newcastle Entertainment Centre (where the ticketek office is located)

I've got my tickets for the EAS game - Pax 7884

I am pretty sure they have sold more tix than that...

Ari Gold

Bench
I'm going to get my tickets to the Opening Ceremony, Tonga v Samoa, Fiji v France, Sydney Semi-Final, in a few days and i'll post up pax updates as soon as i can.

westie

Bench
I understand what you are saying, but it's hard to deny that they are often extremely close to the actual crowd figure.

In-goal

Bench
I'm very hopeful that the super pool games will all sellout, I want to go to the England v Australia game in Melbourne but I still have to convince the girl.

IMO England v Australia at the Telstra Dome will be the biggest and best International we have seen in this country for 40 years. The atmosphere should be fantastic especially with it being the cup long weekend for most.

For those that just love sport you can work you Melbourne weekend to this tune.

Friday International Rules at the MCG
Saturday AAMI Victoria Derby at Flemington
Sunday RLWC Telstra Dome
Monday hang over rest day
Tuesday Melbourne Cup
Wednesday yet another hangover
Thursday Oaks at Flemington

Could be a great week.

St.John

Juniors
I'm very hopeful that the super pool games will all sellout, I want to go to the England v Australia game in Melbourne but I still have to convince the girl.

If she needs convincing, you need to trade her in for a newer and more rational model!

yakstorm

First Grade
Zomg! I can't believe you people are STILL quoting your PAX numbers, even after I made a whole thread to prove to you they mean NOTHING in regards to ticket sales!!!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=212825

Mate, your friend is right in the fact that PAX numbers are not based upon the number of tickets sold. They are an identifier number for the relevant barcode of a ticket that has been printed.

BUT they do start from zero and proceed up in logical order, meaning if say 10,000 tickets have been sold, and no comps have been produced the next PAX number will most likely be 10,001 give or take a few because it also included fault/incorrect tickets that have been produced.

They will provide a pretty good guide on how many tickets have been allocated for a game.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Mate, your friend is right in the fact that PAX numbers are not based upon the number of tickets sold. They are an identifier number for the relevant barcode of a ticket that has been printed.

BUT they do start from zero and proceed up in logical order, meaning if say 10,000 tickets have been sold, and no comps have been produced the next PAX number will most likely be 10,001 give or take a few because it also included fault/incorrect tickets that have been produced.

They will provide a pretty good guide on how many tickets have been allocated for a game.

Anymore updates yakstorm?