What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Aus V Eng is at Telstra Dome

I think we should get atleast 13-14k average, I wouldn't be suprised if we got over 15k average at all.

Game - Sold - My Prediction
England v PNG - 3,000 - 15,000
Scotland v France - 4,000 - 12,000
Australia v NZ - 15,000 - 45,000
Tonga v Ireland - 3,200 - 12,000
Samoa v Tonga - 2,100 - 18,000
Fiji v France - 3,200 - 10,000
New Zealand v PNG - 4,200 - 16,000
Scotland v Fiji - 2,800 - 10,000
Ireland v Samoa - 3,100 - 12,000
England v NZ - 7,800 - 20,000
Australia v England 20,000 - 50,000
PNG v Australia - 8,000 - 25,000

Penrith Final - 900 - 7,000
Rockhampton Final - 4,500 - 8,000
Semi-final Qualifier Pool - 3,800 - 16,000
Semi Final (Brisbane) - 22,000 - 50,000
Semi Final (Sydney) - 9,000 - 40,000
FINAL – 44,000 - 52,000

I really do think those figures are achievable, let's not forget that alot of people will choose to just turn up on the day.

They are sh*t crowds man.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Am I too optimistic?

England v PNG @ DFS - 20,000
Australia v NZ @ SFS - 40,000
NZ v PNG @ Skilled - 18,000
Australia v England @ Telstra Dome - 50,000
England v NZ @ EAS - 25,000
Australia v PNG @ DFS - 26,000

France v Scotland @ Canberra - 18,000
Fiji v France @ WIN - 17,000
Scotland v Fiji @ Bluetongue - 15,000

Ireland v Tonga @ Parra - 15,000
Tonga v Samoa @ CUA - 20,000
Ireland v Samoa @ Parra - 16,000

2nd Group B v 2nd Group C @ Browne Park - 8,000
3rd Group B v 3rd Group C @ CUA - 12,000

Qualifying Final @ Skilled - 25,000

Semi Final 1 @ Suncorp - 50,000
Semi Final 2 @ SFS - 45,000

Final @ Suncorp - 52,000

Total: 472,000
Average: 26,222

jim_57

Staff member
Am I too optimistic?

England v PNG @ DFS - 20,000
Australia v NZ @ SFS - 40,000
NZ v PNG @ Skilled - 18,000
Australia v England @ Telstra Dome - 50,000
England v NZ @ EAS - 25,000
Australia v PNG @ DFS - 26,000

France v Scotland @ Canberra - 18,000
Fiji v France @ WIN - 17,000
Scotland v Fiji @ Bluetongue - 15,000

Ireland v Tonga @ Parra - 15,000
Tonga v Samoa @ CUA - 20,000
Ireland v Samoa @ Parra - 16,000

2nd Group B v 2nd Group C @ Browne Park - 8,000
3rd Group B v 3rd Group C @ CUA - 12,000

Qualifying Final @ Skilled - 25,000

Semi Final 1 @ Suncorp - 50,000
Semi Final 2 @ SFS - 45,000

Final @ Suncorp - 52,000

Total: 472,000
Average: 26,222

I think so, I am too optimistic at most times and I think that is too much too expect. I already did the same thing up the page.

brendothejet

First Grade
i really don't know what to think of the crowds.

The games start in about 10 days and im still not seeing much match specific advertising.

there aren't many ads running on television for games..just a couple of spots here and there.

dissapointing.

The 03 union world cup was sold out pretty much by now..

Ari Gold

Bench

The games start in about 10 days and im still not seeing much match specific advertising.

there aren't many ads running on television for games..just a couple of spots here and there.

dissapointing.

We don't have the money to match the RUWC 2003 in terms of advertising.

8Ball

First Grade

dissapointing.

"Sold out?" If by that you mean, "given away." We had to pose for one of the ads, and we were given 2 tickets each in return(totaling to about 30-40), to some Paraguay vs Romania game, or something equally poor.

JasonE

Bench
I don't know whether Tonga and Samoa will sellout or not but it seems everyone i talk to is wanting to go to that game.

I was at the u/16 international development tournament on saturday and it really whetted the appetite and i'm sure plenty of the crowd last saturday night will be attending at CUA Stadium. To see those kids doing their respective hakas was sensational.

JW

Coach
Despite the plethora of freebies, the Onion World Cup in '03 turned out to be the biggest and best marketing con job ever. I bet there's plenty of people out there who are still wondering how the f*ck they ended up at an Onion game during that time.

Whoever was in charge of marketing was worth their wieght in gold.

brendothejet

First Grade
Despite the plethora of freebies, the Onion World Cup in '03 turned out to be the biggest and best marketing con job ever. I bet there's plenty of people out there who are still wondering how the f*ck they ended up at an Onion game during that time.

exactly.

It wasn't about budget it was just an amazing display of marketing skill.

The muppets i had to put up with during that tournament...

NK Arsenal

Juniors

John O'Neill was in charge of the ARU at that time. Whether you like it or not, he is the best sports Administrator in Australia.

His record speaks for itself.

phantom1969

Juniors
I don't know whether Tonga and Samoa will sellout or not but it seems everyone i talk to is wanting to go to that game.

I was at the u/16 international development tournament on saturday and it really whetted the appetite and i'm sure plenty of the crowd last saturday night will be attending at CUA Stadium. To see those kids doing their respective hakas was sensational.

I think there will be a large walk up crowd at CUA.........

Brutus

Referee
We Australian people's true thoughts for rugby union in the years following the 03 World Cup.

Like JW said, it was a massive con job with freebies galore. I'm sure if they played South Africa and Georgia at the SFS this weekend you would get no more than 500 people (ARC type crowds).

Simo

First Grade
I would rather the ARL gave out freebies galore to all and sundry rather than see empty stadiums at the games.

The biggest credibillty to this tournament will be bums on seats and I dont care what they have to do to make it happen, just make it happen!

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
I would rather the ARL gave out freebies galore to all and sundry rather than see empty stadiums at the games.

The biggest credibillty to this tournament will be bums on seats and I dont care what they have to do to make it happen, just make it happen!

Games that need to be full & the number of freebies I think they'll have to give out to make them a full house

PNG v England - 5k
Aus v NZ - 10-15k
Aus v Eng - 5-10k
Png v NZ - 5k
PNG v Aus - sfa
Qtr Final - 5k
Semi (SFS) - 10k
Semi (LP) - sfa
Final - sfa

All the others will be hidden on pay tv & at small grounds so really they should get decent-sized crowds

Oh btw, there really should've been a game at Leichart Oval, that would've been sweet as

John O'Neill was in charge of the ARU at that time. Whether you like it or not, he is the best sports Administrator in Australia.

His record speaks for itself.

HMmmmm I disagree. He is over-rated.

He is probably the best sports SALESMAN in Australia. Can sell anything and create hype, no doubt.

But look at his record. All he does is create an elite pyramid structure (s14, aleague) over a small grass-roots structure. This creates an imbalance in the code and it ends up rotting from the bottom up.

Union is in a mess directly because of him in my view and soccer may also pay the consequences in the long term. You can only survive on hype and spin for so long.

Back on the topic. I'm with Brendo...slightly concerned.

I think it may start slow and really build to a crescendo (at least I hope so). There are absolutely no distractions on...so all we need a top quality games to get a buzz going.

JasonE

Bench
The Ticketmaster tickets don't have a PAX number but have a CN number, does anyone know what that is ? a guy on another forum has a ticket for the Telstra Dome game which is numbered 41610.
I'm expecting a big walk up for that game so if that figure represents tickets sold then that should sell out.

Poul

Juniors
I ordered my tickets for Melbourne online on Monday night, and am having them posted out. I'll let you know what the CN number is when I get them.

BTW , I was still able to get the top priced tickets :)

Latest posts