What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Agree 100% PaulyTom we always have critics, the same ones that say Origin is dieing as soon as NSW win a series or two, or league is dieing in the bush, you know you've heard all the stories. There seems to be an element that loves to focus on the negative and create a negative perception.

I like the way the tournament has been structured also, we are playing to our strengths besides who cares who wins this WC is about building a kitty to kick start development of our game internationally and this is what our critics don't want to happen.

ali

Bench
Just been having another look on Ticketek for Aus vs NZ. Still nothing sold out with a few random spots becoming available.

All sorts of weird things have been going on with ticketing for this match, so I would now be surprised if we get above 35K.

StormChaser

First Grade
I can tell you right now the "unofficial" IE the REAL crowd figure was closer to 32,000. So where are all these people with the 40,000+ Pax figures? Hate to say I told ya so.

brendothejet

First Grade
i thnk a lot of people have said that we knew the pax were not exact, but in every instance so far they have only been slightly off.

I think it is fair to say that if it is sequential number, increasing by one with each purchase or ticket generated they give a fair indication of how many tickets there are, and in turn how many people to expect.

The ENG v PNG was off by about a thousand, and the Aussie game off by 5 thousand.

not too bad i dont think

jim_57

Staff member
3400 tickets sold to the Rockhamtpon game. Was on the front page of the local papaer today and they expect to sell the rest sometime next week.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I've attended many games at the SFS over the years and there was more then 34 000 there. Where were the spare seats. SFS official capacity is 45,500.

Can someone tell me where 11 000 spare seats were? I was at the game.

Calixte

First Grade
I must say I think the 34,000 figure was a bit rubbery.

There were, as said, very few empty seats...

Calixte

First Grade
It isn't that big. That sounds like the same source that claims the SFS holds 45,500.

It is mainly seating from memory in Rockie.

Calixte

First Grade
It was pretty much full for the 2006 NQ v Brisbane game with 6,500.

Like the SFS, unless you hover above the seats, I don't know where else you would sit...