What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

miccle

Bench
Can't believe I only saw this thread now! My sis and I went nuts on the idea of buying tix to the WC final for Xmas pressies - going halves in Category B's were a great way to go. So, our clan for the final includes:

Me, my sis, my dad, both of my grandad's, my mum, my aunty, my wife, my sister's partner and four of our cousins! So that's one group of 13!

Also taking in the Semi-final at Suncorp with five other mates.

Can't wait!

roughyedspud

Coach
just noticed it says this on the RLWC08 website,on the tickets page

Tickets ordered for International Addresses will be cancelled and money refunded. International customers please note that a second open “on-sale” for individual tickets will be held from Monday 18th February 2008

yyyyyyiiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeeeee

LordLeague

Juniors
I am surprised there hasn't been more banter surrounding the unavailability of category A tickets to the Final and to a lesser extent the Melbourne game.
I've been meaning to post this for a while.

Even though I was on Ticketek as soon as tickets went on sale, there no cat A tix for the final available. Just tried to get tix for the Melbourbe game and was offered quite poor cat A tix very close to the cat B seats.

Perhaps somebody in the know can shed some light on this? Are these seats being held for sponsors and VIPs or are the being held for the international release on Feb 18? OR have most all been allocated to tour operators?

After all the whinging by the poms about the ticket releases, it seems that it is us Aussies that have been shafted with the ticketing! I think the ARL could have ensured some cat A tix were available in the initial release to satisfy demand from the Aussie supporters of international RL.

I am still hoping that some Cat A tix will be made available in the international release. Will the international release be for everyone or will Aussie residents be excluded?

LordLeague

LordLeague said:
I am surprised there hasn't been more banter surrounding the unavailability of category A tickets to the Final and to a lesser extent the Melbourne game.
I've been meaning to post this for a while.

Even though I was on Ticketek as soon as tickets went on sale, there no cat A tix for the final available. Just tried to get tix for the Melbourbe game and was offered quite poor cat A tix very close to the cat B seats.

Perhaps somebody in the know can shed some light on this? Are these seats being held for sponsors and VIPs or are the being held for the international release on Feb 18? OR have most all been allocated to tour operators?

After all the whinging by the poms about the ticket releases, it seems that it is us Aussies that have been shafted with the ticketing! I think the ARL could have ensured some cat A tix were available in the initial release to satisfy demand from the Aussie supporters of international RL.

I am still hoping that some Cat A tix will be made available in the international release. Will the international release be for everyone or will Aussie residents be excluded?

LordLeague

holding some back for intl release

Coastbloke

Bench
A small story in Feb's Rugby League Review notes the small sales for the lesser nations matches...

I would imagine - as it says in the story - that this will increase when the promotions start to kick in...

I will be doing my best to ensure the local radio and print media on the Central Coast get behind the Fiji vs Scotland match....

We still have 8 months to go....

mtngry

Juniors
please note, after 4 months, thats right FOUR months of trying to get info on Boxes for games, I still have NOTHING!

DO YOU WANT TO SELL THEM?!

Also, will be on planetsport.tv
next week.

otag

Juniors
mtngry said:
please note, after 4 months, thats right FOUR months of trying to get info on Boxes for games, I still have NOTHING!

DO YOU WANT TO SELL THEM?!

Also, will be on planetsport.tv
next week.

then you're going through the wrong channels.

who did you contact?

roughyedspud

Coach
heads up to all independant uk fans

world cup tickets for international fans go on sale tomorrow @ 10pm (sunday 17th feb)

roughyedspud

Coach
wwaahhoooo just bought

england v PNG @ townsville
england v australia @ melbourne
england v NZ @ newcastle

semi final & final @ brisbane..

just looking at the ticketek website and it looks like lots more tickets have gone to the final.

Cat a- selling up in section 600 and something which is right up the top of the stadium
Cat b - selling in the middle tier
Cat c - looks like the middle tier has sold lots and they are right up on the 3rd tier now