What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

yakstorm

First Grade
miguel de cervantes said:
Repechage Winner = Samoa:)

Yeah sorry, its just a bit of laziness of my behalf not to update that....

But yeah give it time for the information about Samoa making the RLWC to filter through.

JasonE

Bench
roopy said:
Thought a few tickets might have sold for that game.

I'll be getting my tickets for Tonga v Samoa on the weekend. I really think as we get closer and interest builds out west that this game will sell out.

yakstorm

First Grade
England v PNG – 369
Scotland v France – 95
Australia v NZ – 1,612
Tonga v Ireland – 48
Samoa v Tonga – 67
Fiji v France – 100
New Zealand v PNG – 185
Scotland v Fiji – 49
Ireland v Samoa – 20
England v NZ – 345
Pool (3-2) v (3-3) – 54
PNG v Australia – 766
Semi-final Qualifier Pool (1-2) v (1-3) – 277
Semi Final (Brisbane) – 1,747
Semi Final (Sydney) – 570
FINAL – 8,307

Lowest selling day since tickets went on sale.

girvie

Staff member
I was expecting quite a few more to have purchased tickets to Samoa's games after they qualified.

Coastbloke

Bench
yakstorm said:
England v PNG – 369
Scotland v France – 95
Australia v NZ – 1,612
Tonga v Ireland – 48
Samoa v Tonga – 67
Fiji v France – 100
New Zealand v PNG – 185
Scotland v Fiji – 49
Ireland v Samoa – 20
England v NZ – 345
Pool (3-2) v (3-3) – 54
PNG v Australia – 766
Semi Final (Brisbane) – 1,747
Semi Final (Sydney) – 570
FINAL – 8,307

Lowest selling day since tickets went on sale.

I must say, I know they have a year and the upcoming season to promote, but the day tickets came on sale, they had a brief press launch and a 1/3 page ad in the Sydney Daily Tele...

No ad in the SMH or Australian.

No tv advertising.

I was thinking about this the other day, but even billboard advertising on train stations like Sydney's Town Hall might be a way of getting the tournement in the public psyche..

westie

Bench
There will be publicity guys... Just be patient. You don't advertise the 2009 NRL season during the '08 season, there's no point wasting money a year out from the tournament.

yakstorm

First Grade
westie said:
There will be publicity guys... Just be patient. You don't advertise the 2009 NRL season during the '08 season, there's no point wasting money a year out from the tournament.

Exactly, they are only just finishing filming the RLWC TVC now, and the full RLWC marketing campaign is yet to start. Still encouraging that the tournament is slowly becoming more and more known and tickets are still moving ahead of schedule.

Coastbloke

Bench
yakstorm said:
Exactly, they are only just finishing filming the RLWC TVC now, and the full RLWC marketing campaign is yet to start. Still encouraging that the tournament is slowly becoming more and more known and tickets are still moving ahead of schedule.

Fair enough....

Being a fan of International RL, I'm sure I'm not the only nervous nellie... :lol: :lol:

Billythekid

First Grade
Coastbloke said:
Fair enough....

Being a fan of International RL, I'm sure I'm not the only nervous nellie... :lol: :lol:

I'd say were all pretty nervous about the WC, but we have a full year left. It's a bit early to be worried about ticket sales. Hell im surprised they have sold as many tickets as they have, without any sort of promotions whatsoever.

yakstorm

First Grade
England v PNG – 369
Scotland v France – 95
Australia v NZ – 1,660
Tonga v Ireland – 50
Samoa v Tonga – 67
Fiji v France – 110
New Zealand v PNG – 185
Scotland v Fiji – 49
Ireland v Samoa – 21
England v NZ – 376
Pool (3-2) v (3-3) – 54
PNG v Australia – 789
Semi Final (Brisbane) – 1,753
Semi Final (Sydney) – 586
FINAL – 8,512

Billythekid

First Grade
yakstorm said:
Australia v NZ – 1,660

Where is this game being played? Im surprised to see its sold 3 times as may tickets as one semi and the same amount as the other. I would of thought the semis would sell out well before a group stage match?

bazza

Immortal
Billythekid said:
Where is this game being played? Im surprised to see its sold 3 times as may tickets as one semi and the same amount as the other. I would of thought the semis would sell out well before a group stage match?

It is in Sydney and is also part of the "Official" opening cermemony

Moffo

Referee
yakstorm said:

with respect yak, none of us have any reason to have faith in what the ARL/RLIF are organising in respect to marketing on this event. They could do start doing some small (and not expensive) things to let people know that the event even exists

westie

Bench
They have done small stuff. Advertising in the Tele and big league, big launch in the UK, plenty of free press in both papers. What more do you want a year out?

Coastbloke

Bench
westie said:
They have done small stuff. Advertising in the Tele and big league, big launch in the UK, plenty of free press in both papers. What more do you want a year out?

Can I just say that there was awareness of the 2006 Tri Nations being in Australia, but hardly any advertising or promotion..

In the end, we got 27,000 at the 42,000 SFS and a game of rugby league that showed SOO how it's done....

That in itself says to me we need to continue promotion...

westie

Bench
I agree with promotion. But I also agree that it would be a complete waste of money doing it now. Just good PR, stories in the paper, mentions by players, coaches and commentators is good enough for now.

yakstorm

First Grade
England v PNG – 371
Scotland v France – 96
Australia v NZ – 1,723
Tonga v Ireland – 55
Samoa v Tonga – 67
Fiji v France – 110
New Zealand v PNG – 185
Scotland v Fiji – 50
Ireland v Samoa – 21
England v NZ – 425
Pool (3-2) v (3-3) – 54
PNG v Australia – 793
Semi-final Qualifier Pool (1-2) v (1-3) – 280
Semi Final (Brisbane) – 1,801
Semi Final (Sydney) – 611
FINAL – 8,656

Over 300 tickets sold today, so a positive day of sales. Some good movement for the opener, England v NZ and the Brisbane Semi.