What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

st.phil

Bench
Witt a 30 year old ESL hack and a 29 year old sook great endoresment for the Dragons future.
sook? get over it man, can't all be "good blokes" like Price. Benji is a star and would be huge for the club?i know it, you know it and fkn marcellus fkn wallace fkn knows it.

A Star hahaha what a load of shit he walked away to play union and couldn't make it there then comes crawling back even his old club don't want a bar of him.

If Price did the right thing and stick with Williams instead of the usual stupid crap he does the guy may have had some hope of actually settling in.

Price is a useless shit head I couldn't give a toss if he's a good bloke.

Oh Yeah St Phil I don't think he's a star he was a good player once not anymore.

jenninga

First Grade
Thats my feeling too, I don't think we are seriously in the race, while he's a good player I'm not fussed either way as we are good for backrowers

We have backrowers but aren't great for quality.WHO have we got,Creagh who hits the line hard but doesn't bend it or offload,Harrison,enough said,AhMau who has been found out to be a reserve grader leaving only Thompson with a bit of grunt.
Someone like a Proctor or Sims gives us that extra in the forwards.

rainman44

Bench
We have backrowers but aren't great for quality.WHO have we got,Creagh who hits the line hard but doesn't bend it or offload,Harrison,enough said,AhMau who has been found out to be a reserve grader leaving only Thompson with a bit of grunt.

100% i cant understand how people say we are fine for backrowers, we need a proctor and a couple of cheaper kind of front rowers that are big and mobile.

possm

Coach

We have some good backrow forwards. They are not necessarily the best in the game but the are of first grade standard:

Creagh
Thompson
Frizell
Merrin
De Belin
Cooper

Unless we want to off-load some of the above backrow forwards, we really do not need to recruit any others as we still have players like Harrison, Ah Mau, Mathews and Vae on contract.

What we need is to recruit or blood some good props. The only first grade props we have are Stockwell and Hunt. Stockwell is improving game by game and Hunt has still not struck form after his return from long term injury. Because of slim pickings, we have been forced to use some of our first grade backrow forwards as props.

Recently we have passed up the opportunity to sign Grant and Fifita. I'm not sure who Doust/Price have in their sights but surely, they must realise the team is short of good props and this situation is making it very difficult to dominate up front.

My suggestion is to look for a short term solution by signing two good props from outside of the NRL for this year only.

The recruitment of Groat and Ailaomai has not really solved this problem nor has the contract extension of Ah Mau.

rainman44

Bench
Thompson is the only whole runner and the others are all the same kind of forwards, look at the roosters backrowers and thats what we should be aiming for, they all can play before the line and after it and they are fast, spend big on skill and big minute players and the front rowers have to come at a cheaper price as most will only play 40min a game. I like how the tigers have bought in the front row as not too $$$.

nrlnrl

First Grade
A decision likely to be announced next week - Roostrers will get him, Peter O'Sullivan ( now with Roosters ) was the person who recruited Proctor for the Storm as a teenager & will land him as a replacement for SBW.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...lic_rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Melbourne Storm get last chance to keep in-form backrower Kevin Proctor
Ian McCullough AAP May 03, 2014 3:09PM

MELBOURNE will get the chance to make a final play for in-demand backrower Kevin Proctor next week with the New Zealand international's future expected to be resolved by Friday.

Proctor is off-contract at the end of the season and offers have been tabled for his services from Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra, the Warriors and Canberra.

“We were always going back to Melbourne and we're meeting with them on Monday and Tuesday,” Proctor's manager Chris Orr said. “We have received offers from four other clubs and we'll go back with them to Melbourne. We're looking to have some sort of resolution by the end of the week.”

Proctor played for the Kiwis in the trans-Tasman Test against Australia on Friday and has developed into one of the best right-edge back-rowers in the NRL in his time at the Storm, who he signed for as a 16-year-old. He's been there his whole career so it would be a big decision for him to leave,” Orr said. I think everyone wants to get things sorted sooner rather than later; clubs, players, agents. It's suits no one to drag it out.”

Proctor met with Trent Robinson last week, the Roosters coach seeing him as a perfect replacement for Sonny Bill Williams, and the 25-year-old admitted he's been excited by the interest from other clubs."I haven't really spoken to my manager all week, as I wanted to concentrate on the Test,” Proctor said. “I'll speak to him over the weekend and he'll put everything on the table. It's all up in the air at the moment. “But it's good to know a few clubs are after me. There's been the Roosters, the Dragons, it's all very exciting. But I wouldn't have a clue where I will be playing next year just yet.”

GT0007

Juniors

Creagh is much improved this year and my observation is he bends the line quite a bit but I checked the stats anyway and he is 2nd most weeks behind Merrin in metres gained. Cooper goes well, Thompson doesnt seemed to have settled in yet but I still have hopes for him, DeBelin is really a backrower as is Frizell and I like how theyve been hitting the line. No doubt Proctor and Sims would strengthen our side or any side but I just want to see another prop signed. Proctor I believe is going to the Rorters and I still think Sims is waiting on a better offer. If there are no frontrowers available for next year by all means sign him with a view of who we are going to let go at the time when a good frontrower is off contract. I like the look of Moa and can't believe the damage he does at his size. I'm sure Doust has a Prop in mind but it might be for 2015 or 2016 and by that time the Stockwells and JDB's will be at their peak as well

GT0007

Juniors
We have some good backrow forwards. They are not necessarily the best in the game but the are of first grade standard:

Creagh
Thompson
Frizell
Merrin
De Belin
Cooper

Unless we want to off-load some of the above backrow forwards, we really do not need to recruit any others as we still have players like Harrison, Ah Mau, Mathews and Vae on contract.

What we need is to recruit or blood some good props. The only first grade props we have are Stockwell and Hunt. Stockwell is improving game by game and Hunt has still not struck form after his return from long term injury. Because of slim pickings, we have been forced to use some of our first grade backrow forwards as props.

Recently we have passed up the opportunity to sign Grant and Fifita. I'm not sure who Doust/Price have in their sights but surely, they must realise the team is short of good props and this situation is making it very difficult to dominate up front.

My suggestion is to look for a short term solution by signing two good props from outside of the NRL for this year only.

The recruitment of Groat and Ailaomai has not really solved this problem nor has the contract extension of Ah Mau.

Maybe Ah Mau is getting the kick up the ass he needs as his intensity has dropped. I don't know what to do with Groat as based on what I've seen he doesnt deserve his spot in the Cutters. I'm going to that game tomorrow against Wyong so I'll be watching them closely. I think Grant wouldve been a good signing but Fafita can't justify soaking up that much cap especially as shown recently you cant be sure of his form over the 4yrs. I've suggested looking at some props from England as well and I'm sure we are. I want to see Ailaomai get a run in place of Hunt but he would play small minutes at this point

jenninga

First Grade

Creagh
Thompson
Frizell
Merrin
De Belin
Cooper

Merrin and Cooper backrowers,possm possm possm.Frizell has been great up the middle,DeBelin maybe .
Aillomai should be given a run

Joey_dragons

Juniors
St George Illawarra will only have to wait a week for confirmation of a potential stunning double coup, with Kevin Proctor well and truly in their sights.

As the Red V's courtship of returning superstar Benji Marshall inches closer to a resolution, Proctor's manager Chris Orr has confirmed the New Zealand and Melbourne star is seriously considering a shift to Wollongong.

Www.illawarramercury.com.au

TheRev

First Grade
they arent my first choices of players, but ill settle for anyone right now who can add a bit more quality to our line-up.. Proctor wouldnt be till 2015 though.. but Benji atleast can offer something immediately.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Throw in sims with proctor and maybe benji then we have a good team with mongrel and hopefully skills. But here's to wishful thinking. With doust as CEO I'm not holding my breath. Would love to be proven wrong.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons close in on Benji, Proctor signatures

By ADAM PENGILLY and BRAD WALTER

May 6, 2014, 9:28 p.m.
RUGBY LEAGUE

St George Illawarra will only have to wait a week for confirmation of a potential stunning double coup, with Kevin Proctor well and truly in their sights.
As the Red V's courtship of returning superstar Benji Marshall inches closer to a resolution, Proctor's manager Chris Orr has confirmed the New Zealand and Melbourne star is seriously considering a shift to Wollongong.

Kevin Proctor (left) with Dragons player Jason Nightingale at the Kiwis training camp last week. Picture: GETTY IMAGES

The 25-year-old met with Storm officials earlier this week and is expected to announce a decision on his future by next Wednesday.
The Roosters and Dragons have led the chase for the explosive back-rower, while the Storm can make a last-ditch play to prevent Proctor from following a trail blazed by Gareth Widdop.
"I've told the other clubs they're still in the running," Orr said. "We're just waiting to hear back from Melbourne on their final position."
Proctor's potential signing could come days after Marshall seals his comeback to rugby league.
Dragons chief executive officer Peter Doust was unavailable to comment on Tuesday but it's understood a deal is imminent.
It was left to St George Illawarra's leadership group to sing the praises of the 29-year-old after their field session at Kogarah.
Price's No 7 predicament became even more urgent after he made his fourth halfback change in just nine rounds - turning to Sam Williams in preference to Michael Witt for the clash with the Bulldogs on Sunday.
Marshall's former Tigers teammate and roommate Bronson Harrison indicated coach Steve Price had consulted the Dragons' senior players about the premiership winner before he opened negotiations.
"He asked maybe if there was interest from his side of things and Benji is not silly, he will look at all of his options," Harrison said.
"After speaking to him I know how hungry he is.
"I used to live with him and I know how much of a competitor he is, I know how intelligent he is so I know that if he comes here there is a good opportunity for him to shine.
"I think if he decides to come here it is a great environment for him to be in, we have got great medical staff, we have got a great backline and a strong, solid pack so I think that is a good environment for him to flourish."
The man Marshall will partner in the halves if he dons the Red V, Widdop, also welcomed the idea of combining with Marshall.
Widdop already linked with Witt, Williams and Adam Quinlan at the scrumbase in just eight games this year.
"As a young fellow, I played with some great players down at Melbourne so to play with Benji - another great player - would be great too," Widdop said.
"But at the moment, we have Sammy Williams, Adam Quinlan, Michael Witt, who are all good players themselves.
"It is all up in the air. We just have to move on and worry about playing football. It's all speculation but everyone knows what he has done for rugby league.
"He was a great player before he left for rugby union."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...-close-in-on-benji-proctor-signatures/?cs=302

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
GOSSIP/RUMOUR - NRL LURKER
RAIDERS IN THE CHASE FOR PROCTOR
Canberra has jumped in with a late bid for star Storm back-rower Kevin Proctor.
And the Raiders' offer is bigger than that of the two clubs who looked set to fight out the battle for Proctor - the Dragons and the Roosters.
Ricky Stuart has made Proctor his number one target and has told Proctor's management he will do whatever it takes.
Proctor is the most sought-after player on the market and boosted his stocks with a strong display for the Kiwis against Australia in last Friday night's ANZAC Test.
The Raiders are desperate for more attacking strike on the edges and see Proctor as the ideal fit.

rainman44

Bench
GOSSIP/RUMOUR - NRL LURKER
RAIDERS IN THE CHASE FOR PROCTOR
Canberra has jumped in with a late bid for star Storm back-rower Kevin Proctor.
And the Raiders' offer is bigger than that of the two clubs who looked set to fight out the battle for Proctor - the Dragons and the Roosters.
Ricky Stuart has made Proctor his number one target and has told Proctor's management he will do whatever it takes.
Proctor is the most sought-after player on the market and boosted his stocks with a strong display for the Kiwis against Australia in last Friday night's ANZAC Test.
The Raiders are desperate for more attacking strike on the edges and see Proctor as the ideal fit.

He wont go there, i reckon its us or roosters as tohu harris just put pen and i dont think that would be cheap to keep him.

Dea

Juniors
If he signed with Canberra he would end up playing with us next move. So cut out the middle man and come straight to the Dragons

jenninga

First Grade
He wont go there, i reckon its us or roosters as tohu harris just put pen and i dont think that would be cheap to keep him.

Announced on twitter that Ryan Hoffman may go to the Warriors,so may result in Proctor staying with the cheats.

Latest posts