What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

pinkmoon

Juniors
Proctor is not what we need anyway...PROPS FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!

Thompson, Harrison, Frizell, Au Mau, and Creagh can all create havoc on the fringes when the middle men lay a decent platform. Sure, none of them are quite as good as Proctor, but the money spent on Kevin is better spent on beefing up the front row, since we already have some adequate back rowers.

Destruction on the edge happens when the defence is compressed in the middle from the roll on. Watch Widdop come into his own when the front row does its job.

GT0007

Juniors

Thompson, Harrison, Frizell, Au Mau, and Creagh can all create havoc on the fringes when the middle men lay a decent platform. Sure, none of them are quite as good as Proctor, but the money spent on Kevin is better spent on beefing up the front row, since we already have some adequate back rowers.

Destruction on the edge happens when the defence is compressed in the middle from the roll on. Watch Widdop come into his own when the front row does its job.

Good call

jenninga

First Grade

Do you ever watch our games?

pinkmoon

Juniors
Do you ever watch our games?

Harrison runs good lines, and Au Mau started the year on fire.

Friz is a wide running back rower if ever i've seen one, but he kept getting caught out in defence, so Price decided to just make him a prop...it's been pretty successful hasn't it :? it worked for one game, like all his other knee jerk masterstrokes.

I am not for one minute saying that we have the best backrow in the competition, nor am I stating that Proctor is not a great player...

It's a simple case of the front row being more of a weakness than the back row at this stage.

Anyway, why not just give your opinion, instead of trying to belittle me like a primary school boy. I've seen some of your other posts, so I know you have better things to add to this subject.

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade

Friz is a wide running back rower if ever i've seen one, but he kept getting caught out in defence, so Price decided to just make him a prop...it's been pretty successful hasn't it :? it worked for one game, like all his other knee jerk masterstrokes.

I am not for one minute saying that we have the best backrow in the competition, nor am I stating that Proctor is not a great player...

It's a simple case of the front row being more of a weakness than the back row at this stage.

Anyway, why not just give your opinion, instead of trying to belittle me like a primary school boy. I've seen some of your other posts, so I know you have better things to add to this subject.

move Merrin back to prop and sign a good backrower..
would strengthen both prop and back row if we did that.

pinkmoon

Juniors
move Merrin back to prop and sign a good backrower..
would strengthen both prop and back row if we did that.

With Merrin already playing in the middle, does it really make a difference though? The poor guy needs some help; we are short a lump of lard either way IMO.

I guess it would depend on what type of back rower; maybe Sims more so than Proctor because Kevin is definitely an edge runner.

BennyV

Referee
With Merrin already playing in the middle, does it really make a difference though? The poor guy needs some help; we are short a lump of lard either way IMO.

I guess it would depend on what type of back rower; maybe Sims more so than Proctor because Kevin is definitely an edge runner.

Sims, IMO, is a middle player and would make a beast of a prop, he's got the size, strength and aggression for it, only thing is that his physique is more resemblant of a backrower.
JDB at lock would help, he'd get more minutes and hopefully focus more on defending than being a battering ram.
Other than that, Cooper is coming along nicely and if we had a decent forward mentor, Stockwell would grow into the role.

GT0007

Juniors

You mentioned Au Mau and set him off, that was Jenninga's problem lol. Pretty much agree with you though in regard to Friz I thought he was sensational at prop until injured and in 1 or 2 games back he doesnt look 100% but name some players that have been great the last 2 matches and you wont come up with many. I'm hoping for a much better performance this week as it may indicate if we have the mentality to make the top 8 this year. Of course even with a loss we can still make it but we have to show we have the mentality of a top 8 side not just the points on the table. If the Benji saga is affecting the team as much as the fans we are in trouble.

I think this is probably our most important game this year

pinkmoon

Juniors
Sims, IMO, is a middle player and would make a beast of a prop, he's got the size, strength and aggression for it, only thing is that his physique is more resemblant of a backrower.
JDB at lock would help, he'd get more minutes and hopefully focus more on defending than being a battering ram.
Other than that, Cooper is coming along nicely and if we had a decent forward mentor, Stockwell would grow into the role.

I agree, I guess thats what I was trying to say; he is probably a better fit than Proctor given what we already have. I just don't think a hard running edge back rower (Proctor) is going to change our fortunes as much as a big lump in the middle that can get us going forward.

I also think Stockwell is a very good prospect; we just need a good experienced mentor to show him the way. I think Kite would have been worth throwing money at late last year, but alas we didn't. It's pretty evident that props peak in their mid to late 20's and a forward leader role cannot be understated. I think we have a lot of great potential in this squad, but we lack a big hard head and a coach with conviction. Heaven help the opposition over the next 5 years if we get both of those!

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors

Hell has frozen over as I'm starting to agree more with you by the minute so you must be coming around to my way of thinking!!! hahaha. Anyway you're right and I havent understood the call for Merrin to be moved to prop as he's still been really playing as one anyway so it doesnt solve the problem as pointed out. He cant do it on his own and another bigger body would help
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

our forwards aren't as bad as they look, all we need to do is win the wrestle in the RUCK!!!!!

pinkmoon

Juniors
Hell has frozen over as I'm starting to agree more with you by the minute so you must be coming around to my way of thinking!!! hahaha. Anyway you're right and I havent understood the call for Merrin to be moved to prop as he's still been really playing as one anyway so it doesnt solve the problem as pointed out. He cant do it on his own and another bigger body would help
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

our forwards aren't as bad as they look, all we need to do is win the wrestle in the RUCK!!!!!

hahaha, hey it's just nice to talk to footy and not smack! Yeah, and watch Widdop start to shine with a winning ruck. He is lethal off a quick play-the-ball.

Mr Red

First Grade

i would like to see my lock with more mobility than Merrin
i also think Merrin has been playing "soft" football recently.. the workload is there, but there is not enough aggression behind it... so moving him back to prop i am hoping would help change his mindset...

jenninga

First Grade

Sorry for the sarcasm,but we are a Proctor/Sims backrower short AND a mongrel prop short,we need both.
Harrisondoesn't break the line ,rarely offloads and AhMau does nothing.Frizzel I do loke up the middle as you say.
If Thompson can regain form and we add to the pack we aren't far away.
Just need a coach then.:D

Dezziedc

Juniors
hahaha, hey it's just nice to talk to footy and not smack! Yeah, and watch Widdop start to shine with a winning ruck. He is lethal off a quick play-the-ball.

As is the Melbourne spine - obviously which Widdop is a product of.

That's pretty much it - if we could emulate Melbourne, we would be just as good if not better than them.

That is the type of game we need to be playing. We have the same types of attacking players (an even better back line) as well as the same size forwards. Win the ruck, get the quick play the ball and we would be a dominant team.