What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

Twenty10

Juniors
Done and dusted with roosters. Dragons not interested apparently?? I mean WTF? Mind you roosters have offered him very big contract. They rate him highly.

We need sims. A "name" signing can do more for teams off the field than anything.

BrissyRedV

Bench
What a backrow the Rorters will have if they pick up Proctor. Guerra, Cordner, Aubusson, Proctor to go with the front row of Frank Paul, JWH, Moa, Lui, Evans and their allstar backline of Pearce, Maloney, SKD, Jennings, RTS and Tupou. Seriously, other than SBW leaving at the end of the year, do they ever have to shed players because of the salary cap?

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
What a backrow the Rorters will have if they pick up Proctor. Guerra, Cordner, Aubusson, Proctor to go with the front row of Frank Paul, JWH, Moa, Lui, Evans and their allstar backline of Pearce, Maloney, SKD, Jennings, RTS and Tupou. Seriously, other than SBW leaving at the end of the year, do they ever have to shed players because of the salary cap?

Something sus there

BennyV

Referee
Seriously though, this third party bullshit is getting out of hand, how can Roosters take Proctor and still have an eye on Ferguson, just by losing SBW? NRL need to take a good hard look at the thus...I'm sure the Roosters are above board with it all, it's just that the system is massively flawed..

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Seriously though, this third party bullshit is getting out of hand, how can Roosters take Proctor and still have an eye on Ferguson, just by losing SBW? NRL need to take a good hard look at the thus...I'm sure the Roosters are above board with it all, it's just that the system is massively flawed..

Benny, we don't really know how much players are earning. It's only really been the last 2 years player payments seemed to have ballooned out but these days many contracts will start at a lower base, with a large proportion incentive based. I'm telling you now, I don't believe what is written in the papers at all, they had McQueen at $130k pa...utter garbage, he earns more than that. The other side of the coin is how high they are reported and Fifita was the perfect example of this. Papers claiming $800-850k when the actual amount was closer to $450k on paper. We don't know mate, it's all speculative but I would bet there are many 3rd party deals that go on successfully at the Roosters due to their wealthy backers and supporter base. We just need to play the same game. I feel the NRL has too many safety nets, checks and balances if you will, in place now that Schubert has gone, that will allow outright salary cap cheating reminiscent of the Storm.
Ferguson would probably take a low incentive based contract just to get a start somewhere.

rainman44

Bench
Done and dusted with roosters. Dragons not interested apparently?? I mean WTF? Mind you roosters have offered him very big contract. They rate him highly.

We need sims. A "name" signing can do more for teams off the field than anything.
Saints are full of shit, they miss out again so they say they are not interested, saints rate him highly aswell but that turd Doust cant get third party deals done, we are not the sharks or panthers we are the mighty Dragons,we should be nailing these deals.

Mr Red

First Grade

if the system is flawed as you say then its flawed equally for every club - some are just smarter in the way they use it...

grouch

First Grade
Would the name "Steve Price" have anything to do with the lack of quality signings.
Widdop and Dugan say hi.

Guess it's that time of year again. The time of year that everyone whines about our recruitment. Seems that still no-one has learned how our club operates. That the more noise is made about players the less likely we are to be involved. We like to do things quietly

Mr Red

First Grade
Widdop and Dugan say hi.

Guess it's that time of year again. The time of year that everyone whines about our recruitment. Seems that still no-one has learned how our club operates. That the more noise is made about players the less likely we are to be involved. We like to do things quietly

LOL... clutching at straws using the signing of Dugan as a means to justify Price... sacked from two clubs basically before turning to us as a last resort. the only club left standing with the finances and tolerance to sign him..

DUB888

Juniors
Widdop and Dugan say hi.

As a 47 YEAR Dragons supporter I agree and totally respect that we do things quietly.
We desperately needed a 6 & 7 and Widdop was a great signing , as Melbourne are now realising. We picked up Dugan on the back of the merry go round THANKFULLY and it would appear our culture has reformed him.
Let me put it another way , If Steve Price is not re signed where would he and his coaching staff get another shot at First Grade NRL.

Latest posts