What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

saints4me

Juniors
Well said ,nowhere.The quietness is more like stealthy arse covering so they cant be called on anything.Even the Widdop deal was done whilst the Soward disaster was going on ,so thats why we heard nothing did the deal then kicked Soward to the kerb .Soward playing really well under a real grown up coach coincidentally.

Sorry......What was that??

Soward doing what under a real coach??

Check this out..

https://matchcentre.nrl.com/match#/match/2014/9135/91350708/

Jamie Soward player stats last weekend...

All run metres - 14. Yep 14. 10 of those was running on and off the field.
Line breaks - 0. Yep Nil - Zip - Nada - Zero.
Posessions - 37
Missed tackles - 3
Penalties conceded - 0

I watched the game specifically to see what he did. Could've sworn I saw him in the middle of the second half sitting in the grandstand munching on a hot dog!

dragonreddy

Juniors

Check this out..

Posessions - 37
Missed tackles - 3
Penalties conceded - 0

I watched the game specifically to see what he did. Could've sworn I saw him in the middle of the second half sitting in the grandstand munching on a hot dog!

Mate good for you your a stats guru,Soward has been playing well at the Panthers , if your going to talk about one game the bloke who replaced him didnt exactly set the world on fire either,but you wouldnt want to mention that .

Mr Red

First Grade

Check this out..

Posessions - 37
Missed tackles - 3
Penalties conceded - 0

stats are evil, even more so when you try and single out a single match to justify a players overall contribution in the season.

Soward has been going pretty good overall, a lot better than last season.
i agree still not running as much as i would like to see, but his overall involvement is A LOT better.
and getting involved more at crucial times of the match now, as opposed to going missing in action last season..

jenninga

First Grade
We get the same theme every time we miss out on someone.
Problem is, we get linked one way or another with every single player available, so it needs to be taken with a grain, make that a bag, of salt. We don't know what is happening behind the scenes, nor we should we.

We have improved our roster over the last 18-24 months. Surely most would agree with that?

Agree ,we don't know the behind the scenes,whether we are struggling financially or not.The move to ANZ worries me as a quick grab for cash and I dread if the day comes where we don't have a future.
Our recruitment has been sound and we are only a couple of mongrel forwards shy of being more competitive.

rainman44

Bench
[/B]
Agree ,we don't know the behind the scenes,whether we are struggling financially or not.The move to ANZ worries me as a quick grab for cash and I dread if the day comes where we don't have a future.
Our recruitment has been sound and we are only a couple of mongrel forwards shy of being more competitive.
Yes, but we must pay the cash to get these big boys who can play big minutes.

love my saints

Juniors
If Merrin, B.Moz, Nightingale, Dugan, Widdop, Creagh, or Thompson wer signed up by another club they would be marquee signings... but we got them!!! And f@ck how we got them, the bottom line is they wear the red V.... so sook and whine all u like... they play for us....
we also resigned ah mau,JDB, Stockwell, we got beale, we got farrell, we resigned frizzell.....
But um yeh, lets blame doust... cause these players wouldnt attract big dollars on the open market would they???
Or hang on... lets blame price, its cause of him that these players wont stay for half there value... hahaha yeh its prices fault....
We got more back row depth then we need... but u all cry about proctor... u would love doust to spend $600k for proctor??? Wake up people... we dont need proctor... or half the other players sum are sooking about...we need big bopper forwards... and maybe a better half... we DONT NEED BACKROWERS...
as for soward, i love the guy... but truth be told... the last year with us he was shitter then shit... at the panthers, he is still playing shit... panthers paid for soward close to what we paid for widdop... on current form, i know who id pick....
as for dugan... the only reason he chose brisbane ahead of us was because his daughter is up there... but lets blame price and doust...
frizzell Jdb Stockwell resigned.... KNOWING PRICE IS COACH.... but players dont want to play under price??? F@ck off... its a forum... u express ur opinions, but when u continually dribble shit and lay blame on price and doust... someones gunna pull u up and tell u to pull ur head out ur ass and shut the f@ck up.
we cant sign every player available.... maybe... just maybe... doust has enough business knowledge to realise that we dont need proctor... and we didnt need stewart, maybe, just maybe, he is trying to land a big forward cause THATS WHAT WE NEED!!!!
but whats doust know??? Hahaha thank f@ck most of u are nowhere near our back office...

anyways... that was my 2cents worth... ill let u all continue blaming price and doust for not signing 3 more back rowers to strengthen the cutters.... continue boys

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
If Merrin, B.Moz, Nightingale, Dugan, Widdop, Creagh, or Thompson wer signed up by another club they would be marquee signings... but we got them!!! And f@ck how we got them, the bottom line is they wear the red V.... so sook and whine all u like... they play for us....
we also resigned ah mau,JDB, Stockwell, we got beale, we got farrell, we resigned frizzell.....
But um yeh, lets blame doust... cause these players wouldnt attract big dollars on the open market would they???
Or hang on... lets blame price, its cause of him that these players wont stay for half there value... hahaha yeh its prices fault....
We got more back row depth then we need... but u all cry about proctor... u would love doust to spend $600k for proctor??? Wake up people... we dont need proctor... or half the other players sum are sooking about...we need big bopper forwards... and maybe a better half... we DONT NEED BACKROWERS...
as for soward, i love the guy... but truth be told... the last year with us he was shitter then shit... at the panthers, he is still playing shit... panthers paid for soward close to what we paid for widdop... on current form, i know who id pick....
as for dugan... the only reason he chose brisbane ahead of us was because his daughter is up there... but lets blame price and doust...
frizzell Jdb Stockwell resigned.... KNOWING PRICE IS COACH.... but players dont want to play under price??? F@ck off... its a forum... u express ur opinions, but when u continually dribble shit and lay blame on price and doust... someones gunna pull u up and tell u to pull ur head out ur ass and shut the f@ck up.
we cant sign every player available.... maybe... just maybe... doust has enough business knowledge to realise that we dont need proctor... and we didnt need stewart, maybe, just maybe, he is trying to land a big forward cause THATS WHAT WE NEED!!!!
but whats doust know??? Hahaha thank f@ck most of u are nowhere near our back office...

anyways... that was my 2cents worth... ill let u all continue blaming price and doust for not signing 3 more back rowers to strengthen the cutters.... continue boys
I agree, not sold on Pricey, not sold with Witt,Williams or Farrell.
To sign Benji, Saffy and Kasiano would be a good start.
On Benji, some think he is past it, how old is Witt? Same age I believe, I know who I would rather see
wearing the number 7!

Last edited:

rainman44

Bench

Now for my 2cents worth, creagh has had it, Ah mau is a log, Harrison has been terrible and hitman Hunt gets belted by halfbacks so please mate if we miss a player like Proctor or Sims we should be pissed.

St Georgio

Juniors
:lol:
Now for my 2cents worth, creagh has had it, Ah mau is a log, Harrison has been terrible and hitman Hunt gets belted by halfbacks so please mate if we miss a player like Proctor or Sims we should be pissed.
:lol: Hunt gets belted by halfbacks.

TruSaint

Referee

Good post.

Just a couple of corrections.
BMoz, Mez, Nighty, Creagh were all around before the Price era.
Irrespective, they have stayed. I grant you that.

Soward has been playing good footy the Pennies, and his positional kicking game is slowly coming back to its best. Love Widdop and wouldn't swap him, but lets give Sowie due credit.

As to Proctor. I just want to remind you that Brent Kite ended playing his best at prop, yet he was a back-rower and even centre. I see Proctor in that mould. Nothing wrong buddy with asking the question as to a signing?

Whilst we are not privy to negotiations behind the scene, how many so called "mongrel props" are left? If Doust is negotiating with one... great. Problem is they are not on the market anymore.

kit66

Bench

You get what you pay for.:roll:

I tend to agree with love my saints on most points, grammar aside ( that was a struggle to read, fair dinkum ), but I can also forgive the speculation on backrowers and others as there seems to be a lot of player movement going on right now. It's expected.
Doust got us Bennett and the players he attracted / wanted, which got us a premiership. He also got us Dugan and tried to get us Bellamy. We've had a couple of tough years but there was a lot of players as well as Bennett leaving and a rookie coming in with not much to work with. I don't have a problem with him at all.

edit ; I'd take Tariq Sims. Yep.

Last edited:

Redvpassion

Juniors

The question is my friend, can we sign any of these players mentioned. No one is saying sign them all, but Atleast one or 2. We all know we are lacking that extra forward or two. So why not do what needs to be done and get someone of these players mentioned.

Hopefully tomorrow we can win, but it we get dominated by the roosters pack, I can only see hat people are going to be postin tomorrow.

Also if we can't sign one or two of the 500 players metioned, don't that as a supporter frustrate you and ask yourself why are all these other clubs so successful in signing played and we the dragons can't????

I know I am, I don't want my team Making up numbers in the comp, I want my team to challenge the top 4 and be strong and feared. That my friend means we are 2 forwards off. That my 2 cents. :lol;

watatank

Coach

Interesting thoughts but I would say that re-signing De Belin, Stockwell and Frizell and the way they are being played suggests that we have already done our shopping there...i.e. they are the players the club hopes become those big forwards that everyone discusses to death...

btw they also signed Dan Hunt, who everyone automatically regulates to 'reserve grade' in their minds but has never played NSW Cup and us signed long term. Won't be easy to just not re-sign him like we did with Prior

Would argue that going for a backrower would be clearly on the agenda because we have a player like Ah Mau starting most weeks when he's an interchange player at best and a player like Harrison struggles to make the top 17

Last edited:

Saint69

Juniors

I disagree on Creagh,agree on the rest,in saying that we are only 2 or 3 signings away from being a very good team,who knows what will happen before next season.

Latest posts