What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

jenninga

First Grade
Would be dirty if Proctor signs for the Rooters instead.What a difference someone like him would make to our pack.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Widdop and Dugan say hi.

Guess it's that time of year again. The time of year that everyone whines about our recruitment. Seems that still no-one has learned how our club operates. That the more noise is made about players the less likely we are to be involved. We like to do things quietly

Yep makes the incompetence really easy to hide if no one can identify what they are doing.Its also relly easy to be quiet when your ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

dragonreddy

Juniors
As a 47 YEAR Dragons supporter I agree and totally respect that we do things quietly.
We desperately needed a 6 & 7 and Widdop was a great signing , as Melbourne are now realising. We picked up Dugan on the back of the merry go round THANKFULLY and it would appear our culture has reformed him.
Let me put it another way , If Steve Price is not re signed where would he and his coaching staff get another shot at First Grade NRL.

Well said ,nowhere.The quietness is more like stealthy arse covering so they cant be called on anything.Even the Widdop deal was done whilst the Soward disaster was going on ,so thats why we heard nothing did the deal then kicked Soward to the kerb .Soward playing really well under a real grown up coach coincidentally.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Well said ,nowhere.The quietness is more like stealthy arse covering so they cant be called on anything.Even the Widdop deal was done whilst the Soward disaster was going on ,so thats why we heard nothing did the deal then kicked Soward to the kerb .Soward playing really well under a real grown up coach coincidentally.

:lol:
How is Widdop working out for us?
How did Soward end up for us last year? And to be honest, the year before?
What do you want ? An email or a phonecall from Doust and recruiters just to let you know what's going on in the background but you have to pinky promise not to tell anyone? :sarcasm:

dragonreddy

Juniors
:lol:
How is Widdop working out for us?
How did Soward end up for us last year? And to be honest, the year before?
What do you want ? An email or a phonecall from Doust and recruiters just to let you know what's going on in the background but you have to pinky promise not to tell anyone? :sarcasm:

Widdop is working out well but to be honest he has only played 7 games so i think its too early to call him our new saviour and thats a fair call because if the excuse is used its only early days in the season when we play poorly ,then the same goes for players.Too early to call if they there or not.

Soward ended badly and was poorly handled for a player that helped win us a long long awaited flag.
No i dont want an email from Doust i would just like a bit of hope that we arent sitting on our hands as weve done in the past with regard to recruitment.

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Widdop is working out well but to be honest he has only played 7 games so i think its too early to call him our new saviour and thats a fair call because if the excuse is used its only early days in the season when we play poorly ,then the same goes for players.Too early to call if they there or not.

Soward ended badly and was poorly handled for a player that helped win us a long long awaited flag.
No i dont want an email from Doust i would just like a bit of hope that we arent sitting on our hands as weve done in the past with regard to recruitment.

Well here's a big jar of hope for you then..... A flag?
In all seriousness, what makes you think we are sitting on our hands? I don't broadcast to my competitors about what I'm about to do, why would the Dragons? It is serious cloak and dagger style operations.
I am reliably informed MCQueen has not spoken to Cowboys and they are not the only ones interested...

Mr Red

First Grade
In all seriousness, what makes you think we are sitting on our hands? I don't broadcast to my competitors about what I'm about to do, why would the Dragons? It is serious cloak and dagger style operations.
I am reliably informed MCQueen has not spoken to Cowboys and they are not the only ones interested...

who are the others interested?

bottle

Coach
We get the same theme every time we miss out on someone.
Problem is, we get linked one way or another with every single player available, so it needs to be taken with a grain, make that a bag, of salt. We don't know what is happening behind the scenes, nor we should we.

We have improved our roster over the last 18-24 months. Surely most would agree with that?

dragonreddy

Juniors

Premiership, then !!

There seems to be a lot of speculation on different players that the club is interested in yet nothing ever comes of it, for sure things need to be kept quiet regarding new players if it means moving a current player along, but surely they could indicate some of the players they are interested in,i know i would feel more confident knowing that the club was sounding out players even if it doesnt lead to recruiting them, than hearing nothing, like the sound of 'ORGANIC GROWTH" and therefore assuming nothing is going on.

On McQueen how can the Cows be one of the ones interested if thy havent spoken to him.

bottle

Coach
Premiership, then !!

There seems to be a lot of speculation on different players that the club is interested in yet nothing ever comes of it, for sure things need to be kept quiet regarding new players if it means moving a current player along, but surely they could indicate some of the players they are interested in,i know i would feel more confident knowing that the club was sounding out players even if it doesnt lead to recruiting them, than hearing nothing, like the sound of 'ORGANIC GROWTH" and therefore assuming nothing is going on.

On McQueen how can the Cows be one of the ones interested if thy havent spoken to him.

Why? What good does that do for the club?
It's not about letting the supporters in on secrets, it's about what is best for the makeup of the team.

Btw, I loved your final question, well spotted. Waiting for Jb to wriggle his way around that one.:D
Over to you Jb.

St Georgio

Juniors
LOL... clutching at straws using the signing of Dugan as a means to justify Price... sacked from two clubs basically before turning to us as a last resort. the only club left standing with the finances and tolerance to sign him..
Come on down benji

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Premiership, then !!

No club is gonna come out and say who they are or are not talking to...truthfully.16 clubs are all throwing bags of money at the top players. You jag a couple but never all of them.
This shit sells papers, nothing more, nothing less. Most of the rumours have probably started in LU (here) and the crap reporters pick an angle and run with it.
Let's just see what happens with McQueen around Origin time ;-)

bhabs

Juniors
What a backrow the Rorters will have if they pick up Proctor. Guerra, Cordner, Aubusson, Proctor to go with the front row of Frank Paul, JWH, Moa, Lui, Evans and their allstar backline of Pearce, Maloney, SKD, Jennings, RTS and Tupou. Seriously, other than SBW leaving at the end of the year, do they ever have to shed players because of the salary cap?
Sam moa is off contract at the end of the year... He isn't the biggest of props but is he worth a look in people?

dragonreddy

Juniors
Why? What good does that do for the club?
It's not about letting the supporters in on secrets, it's about what is best for the makeup of the team.

Btw, I loved your final question, well spotted. Waiting for Jb to wriggle his way around that one.:D
Over to you Jb.

I can see your point about keeping certain stuff under wraps, and i also realise that if they made public every possible signing it would lead to criticism when not successful ,but other clubs do indicate their interest at times in players , and it seems as if we havent been in the race for any of the fowards that have been on the market this year so far.We need a couple and it will be frustrating if we miss the boat this year. My comments are born from going from a team that was spoilt for choice for many recent years to one of carrying probably a couple too many lesser lights .As I've said before we were once the side a lot of other sides plundered for playing talent , not any more .Just would be good to know they're seriously looking.

dragonreddy

Juniors
No club is gonna come out and say who they are or are not talking to...truthfully.16 clubs are all throwing bags of money at the top players. You jag a couple but never all of them.
This shit sells papers, nothing more, nothing less. Most of the rumours have probably started in LU (here) and the crap reporters pick an angle and run with it.
Let's just see what happens with McQueen around Origin time ;-)

Fair enough.

Latest posts