What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

GT0007

Juniors
I suspect Doust is looking at Props from England as there isn't much on offer here for the money right now. My reasoning for that is the Cooper signing has been quite successful so Doust would think he's on to something and he would be saving coin

dragonreddy

Juniors
If Merrin, B.Moz, Nightingale, Dugan, Widdop, Creagh, or Thompson wer signed up by another club they would be marquee signings... but we got them!!! And f@ck how we got them, the bottom line is they wear the red V.... so sook and whine all u like... they play for us....
we also resigned ah mau,JDB, Stockwell, we got beale, we got farrell, we resigned frizzell.....
But um yeh, lets blame doust... cause these players wouldnt attract big dollars on the open market would they???
Or hang on... lets blame price, its cause of him that these players wont stay for half there value... hahaha yeh its prices fault....
We got more back row depth then we need... but u all cry about proctor... u would love doust to spend $600k for proctor??? Wake up people... we dont need proctor... or half the other players sum are sooking about...we need big bopper forwards... and maybe a better half... we DONT NEED BACKROWERS...
as for soward, i love the guy... but truth be told... the last year with us he was shitter then shit... at the panthers, he is still playing shit... panthers paid for soward close to what we paid for widdop... on current form, i know who id pick....
as for dugan... the only reason he chose brisbane ahead of us was because his daughter is up there... but lets blame price and doust...
frizzell Jdb Stockwell resigned.... KNOWING PRICE IS COACH.... but players dont want to play under price??? F@ck off... its a forum... u express ur opinions, but when u continually dribble shit and lay blame on price and doust... someones gunna pull u up and tell u to pull ur head out ur ass and shut the f@ck up.
we cant sign every player available.... maybe... just maybe... doust has enough business knowledge to realise that we dont need proctor... and we didnt need stewart, maybe, just maybe, he is trying to land a big forward cause THATS WHAT WE NEED!!!!
but whats doust know??? Hahaha thank f@ck most of u are nowhere near our back office...

anyways... that was my 2cents worth... ill let u all continue blaming price and doust for not signing 3 more back rowers to strengthen the cutters.... continue boys

If your bagging people for knocking Price and Doust for recruitment ,fine ,but a bit of an exageration calling Thompson a marquee player ,he is getting paid like one but you know lets be frank Canberra let him go without a whimper,and hes playing ok but marquee??? Creagh wouldnt be a marquee either as he is at the end of his carreer,my two cents worth.

dragonreddy

Juniors
You talk a lot of shit. Canberra tried hard to keep Thompson

Then why isnt he still playing there? Obviously they didnt try hard enough.I havent seen anything too intelligent from your posts mate you just want to say black if someone else says white,so as far as im concerned you talk a lot of shit .

bottle

Coach
Then why isnt he still playing there? Obviously they didnt try hard enough.I havent seen anything too intelligent from your posts mate you just want to say black if someone else says white,so as far as im concerned you talk a lot of shit .
Are you replying to my post?
Harsh.
It was well documented at the time with Thompson saying it was a tough decision for him because the Raiders made a serious attempt to keep him. Will try and track down the statement he made at the time, but possibly not before game time today.
Point is they didn't let him go without a whimper.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Are you replying to my post?
Harsh.
It was well documented at the time with Thompson saying it was a tough decision for him because the Raiders made a serious attempt to keep him. Will try and track down the statement he made at the time, but possibly not before game time today.
Point is they didn't let him go without a whimper.

No sorry mate i wasnt replying to you, i wouldnt speak to you like that , no the poster is GROUCH that im replying to seems to take whatever i post as red flag to stick a smart dig in so just responding to that .You could well be right about Thompson but i wouldve thought that the raiders wouldve kept him especially after the loss of Dugan and Ferguson , different positions to him but still a loss of talent, I m not bagging Thompson i have actually liked him from very early days at Canberra, he reminds me of my son actually so have always kept tabs loosely ,i just dont think the Marquee player rating is right .

bottle

Coach
Some more on Thompson...

according to the man himself the Raiders' offer was commensurate with ours.

Thompson confirms Dragons move
Date
April 18, 2013

Raiders representative utility Joel Thompson has denied money was the deciding factor in joining the St George Illawarra Dragons on a lucrative three-year deal in excess of $1.2 million.

On the same day the Raiders announced they had re-signed hooker Matt McIlwrick and fringe forward Paul Vaughan until the end of 2015, Thompson posted a message on his Instagram account on Thursday morning confirming he would leave Canberra at the end of the season.

Thompson said the offers he received from other clubs, including the Raiders, were similar and that he made the decision after consulting his wife and step-daughter.

''I would like to announce that I'll be joining the Dragons on a 3 year deal starting 2014,'' Thompson said.

''I have based my decision on what I believe is best for my family which we decided together last night.
''I want to make it clear that this wasn't about money, as most of the offers were the same.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canberra-raiders/thompson-confirms-dragons-move-20130418-2i1n2.html

bottle

Coach
No sorry mate i wasnt replying to you, i wouldnt speak to you like that , no the poster is GROUCH that im replying to seems to take whatever i post as red flag to stick a smart dig in so just responding to that .You could well be right about Thompson but i wouldve thought that the raiders wouldve kept him especially after the loss of Dugan and Ferguson , different positions to him but still a loss of talent, I m not bagging Thompson i have actually liked him from very early days at Canberra, he reminds me of my son actually so have always kept tabs loosely ,i just dont think the Marquee player rating is right .

Ahh, well your post makes more sense to me now.
I didn't realise you were replying to him because I have him on ignore. I think you can see why.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Ahh, well your post makes more sense to me now.
I didn't realise you were replying to him because I have him on ignore. I think you can see why.

YES , i can be quite direct in some comments but mean no malice to anyone , some other people may work to a different ethos. We all cant have the same opinions, what would we talk about on forums.

bhabs

Juniors
It's been reported on twitter that the dragons' offer is much larger then the storm and roosters offer and if it was about the money he would be at the dragons.

Proctor is a good forward worth 500 hmm no he doesn't play in the front row so really he doesn't solve the biggest issue the squad has.

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't really rate Proctor hey, anyone else feel the same? On the plus side whoever he signs with he is going to be on very good coin maybe he can afford a haircut now.

bhabs

Juniors
I think he would be good for the right price... His asking for 500-600k which is too much, I'd rather sims. I think cronk putting him through holes makes him look that little bit better so I'm not sure if he would suit the dragons and might be a bit of flop from Melbourne!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I think he would be good for the right price... His asking for 500-600k which is too much, I'd rather sims. I think cronk putting him through holes makes him look that little bit better so I'm not sure if he would suit the dragons and might be a bit of flop from Melbourne!

I'd like to see Widdop putting him through holes !
I wasn't for or against signing him but if it brings some starch to our pack....get him.
Our forwards lack a real punch but who do you get rid of? No doubt some will scream blue murder....he's a junior,....he's only young....blah, blah, blah.
The reality is we are not on the same level as the top 6 teams when it comes to an intimidating forward pack

GT0007

Juniors
Have we made an offer to Proctor and Sims? We only need one unless we can pay a big prop in a brown paper bag. I'd be looking at England for one of their marquee props as I don't think there is any value for money in the Australian market right now unless there is an exception talent in NSW cup stuck behind some established props who shouldn't be

Latest posts