What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin proctor

getsmarty

Immortal
Have we made an offer to Proctor and Sims? We only need one unless we can pay a big prop in a brown paper bag. I'd be looking at England for one of their marquee props as I don't think there is any value for money in the Australian market right now unless there is an exception talent in NSW cup stuck behind some established props who shouldn't be

What about Sam Moa???

bhabs

Juniors
If we somehow did get proctor and sims I wouldn't be complaining though obviously both would add something more then we already have but there needs to be room for a prop or two. Sam moa is off contract although not that tall, we don't mind Canberra players and tom learoyd lars is off as well and has been playing nsw cup the last month... However he is injury prone!

bhabs

Juniors
Class back rowers use to be on $400 and now its between $500 to $600 as the salary cap has gone up.
Yes I've noticed actually I just think 600k would be a little much but 500k wouldn't be so bad! The dragons do have a lot of money to spend and proctor and sims would add size,
Mobility and aggression

Twenty10

Juniors
If we somehow did get proctor and sims I wouldn't be complaining though obviously both would add something more then we already have but there needs to be room for a prop or two. Sam moa is off contract although not that tall, we don't mind Canberra players and tom learoyd lars is off as well and has been playing nsw cup the last month... However he is injury prone!

Proctor signed with roosters

BennyV

Referee
Dragons offered more officially, or in total? Ie, could Roosters offer include third party deals to make it ultimately bigger.

Props people want aren't available or have no intention of joining the Dragons best case scenario Brett White or Tim Browne maybe even Tim Robinson from Cronulla.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Our recruitment is rubbish. We recruited Dugan by applying the "Bradbury" technique, ie., there was no one else left and everyone we bought last year we paid overs for but we didnt recruit in two areas that are hurting us this year: prop and halfback.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Our recruitment is rubbish. We recruited Dugan by applying the "Bradbury" technique, ie., there was no one else left and everyone we bought last year we paid overs for but we didnt recruit in two areas that are hurting us this year: prop and halfback.

I think halfback is a little harsh, we recruited Witt and Williams as well as have Style & Quilan. It is fair to think one of those would come half good. I agree on the prop front however.

GT0007

Juniors

lol I always appreciate anyone using the Bradbury reference and it works for so many things it's become apart of our culture....very funny! I think we had a problem of Bennett not looking ahead as he knew he was leaving and he was in control of everything. Sure Doust should've stepped in but who could of predicted some of the things that happend like Weyman dropping form, as well as Soward, Cooper barely playing thru injury, Gas retiring was a bit out of the blue. Smith, Boyd and Scott got poached as well as some other players. We have about 4 players from our 2010 Grandfinal side left in just 3 seasons since. Hornby shouldve been replaced and Doust did go pretty hard trying to recruit Cronk. I do wonder why we've had such a preoccupation with signing backrowers but in other positions where talent has been available I think Doust has lifted his game in regard to this year. Sure Dugan fell in our lap but its not as if Doust wasn't making a play and he had to be sure Dugan had his shit together which was all very delicate. Dugan chose Brisbane as that's where his ex and child are not because he didnt like the idea of playing with the Dragons as grew up as a Dragons supporter

GT0007

Juniors
I think halfback is a little harsh, we recruited Witt and Williams as well as have Style & Quilan. It is fair to think one of those would come half good. I agree on the prop front however.

We also had Drinkwater that was Manly's under 20's captain that we thought would come along but really had nothing to offer. Witt had a pretty poor game against the Rorters but thats what happens to halfs when a team is camped in their own half all game. Williams has loads of potential and I still havent given up on Quinlan though the only way he can develop is playing in the halfs and that wont happen unless injury dictates it. We have all talked of Props and we really are only missing one. Stockwell and JDB will improve as the year goes on. I like JDB's attitude of late, he is showing no fear in attack or defense no matter who the opposition are. Even though Merrin is lock he still plays tight like a prop. Dan Hunt has had a lot of injury and was probably expected to come back stronger than he has. Frizell was sensational at prop before his injury so hopefully he can regain that form. If anyone has read my posts they would know my opinion is we are losing the game in the wrestle in the ruck and our forwards arent as bad as what they seem

Coffs dragon

Bench
I hope our club does sign Proctor simply to see the RedV banners welcome " THE PROCTOLOGIST " a very handy player.

Latest posts