What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

chileman

Coach
So nostalgia....we've lost our star Dane....do they want a star Aussie now ;-) Lets hope the lads have a good win this weekend and mrs nostalgia returns with scarf in hand :D

nostalgia

Juniors
We were winning until the 89th minute .... but ended up drawing 1-1 at Lincoln #-o . Still, its a point nearer safety and we remain in 15th.

I reckon that next season could be our year ....

chileman

Coach
89th minute :( , the 3 points would have been very nice....meanwhile the Parklands Eagles opened up their season with a 4-1 win after going down 1-0 early....nice victory at home! :D

nostalgia

Juniors
An excellent start for Parklands Eagles :clap:

Next up for Harriers is a home match against Hull City #-o

I spent this evening (Tuesday) watching a 0-0 draw between Dereham Town and Mildenhall in which neither 'keeper was troubled. And it was perishin' cold :(

chileman

Coach
Can I say if we beat Hull and survived the season drop it would top off a very good end of season for the Harriers and no doubt for us to nostalgia....fingers crossed we get past Hull first #-o

nostalgia

Juniors
It would be a good season in my book if we finish 22nd out of 24 in Div 3! Anything else (a win against Hull, a few clean sheets, a place in the Champions League) would be a welcome bonus ;-)

chileman

Coach
:lol: The Champions League.....now how good would that be :mrgreen: I can see AC Milan and Real Madrid visiting Aggborough and nostalgia passing around the soup to all the visiting Spanish and Italians....you'll get them all hooked on the stuff 8)

nostalgia

Juniors
Harriers drew 1-1 with Hull. Another game we could have won, but a point helps move us further from the relegation spots. I just hope that Hull finally manage promotion this year so that we don't have to play them next season :roll:

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Harriers drew 1-1 with Hull. Another game we could have won, but a point helps move us further from the relegation spots. I just hope that Hull finally manage promotion this year so that we don't have to play them next season :roll:
Well it wasn't a win but we'd have to be pretty happy with the draw....actually more like Hull would have to be pretty peeved with the draw, nostalgia, we can almost safely say we wont be visiting the conferences just yet..... :alcho:

nostalgia

Juniors
Its the stage of the season where some of us view the glass as being "half empty" rather than "half full" [-o< . I don't think it helps that Carlisle seem to keep winning (we have to go there at Easter) and Macclesfield won on Sunday :-&

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Hey fellas. How are you all?

How's Murray doing down there? Was a bit bemused that Dearden didn't want him, he looked a very useful player.

If you havedn't heard, Dearden got the sack a while back and Gary Mills is now in charge. Attendances are on the up and we've won a couple of games (including a 4-1 win against Blackpool yesterday) but we're still as good as gorrrrn. Still, Kiddy look to be safe so it should be fun next year in division 3 :D

Can't believe Bo's gone :shock: 1-1 isn't a bad result against Hull.

And the Cowboys falling victim to Manly, grrrr :twisted:

Good to see my man, Hicksy, given a run in the NRL down at Brookie though!

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
nostalgia said:
Its the stage of the season where some of us view the glass as being "half empty" rather than "half full" [-o&lt, post: . I don't think it helps that Carlisle seem to keep winning (we have to go there at Easter) and Macclesfield won on Sunday :-&[/quote"]
Well at least this year Carlisle haven't got their Glass to bail them out ;-)

chileman

Coach
Heya Paul.....Manlys going to have a looooong season down the bottom if they keep playing like they did yesterday :cry: Should be interesting to see how Notts go in 3rd Div...if they make a rapid rise back up to 2nd Div....they can win all their matches next season except for 2 if that's ok with you ;-)

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Fine by me bud :D

I've only seen Manly once this year and that was against the Roosters. It's ok, at least you'll have the Sharkies propping you up :lol: Talk about a total lack of discipline. Loved the reaction of the commentator on seeing the replay of Bird's knee.

"I can't see anything wrong with that tackle, it looks perfectly legiti...OOO THAT IS A CHEAP SHOT! THAT IS NASTY! BIRD HAS TO GO!"

nostalgia

Juniors
Hi, Paul 8)

There are still a lot of points up for grabs so County may well yet be spared the drop to Div 3. Harriers should be OK this season and have acquired a few decent players for next season. Adam Murray looks good quality for Div 3: I think the fact that he's a fairly local lad swung it for us getting him. Bo's now at Brizzle Rovers (new nightclubs for him to explore #-o ).

I wonder what happened to Jimmy Glass. I seem to remember that he was on loan and that Carlisle showed no interest in taking him on for the following season. Loyalty and football, eh? :roll:

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
:lol:

I'll have him at County to perform his last day Houdini act :mrgreen:

Will Jan be staying on for next season? And has the Krazy Kiddy nightlife seen the last of Bo?

nostalgia

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
:lol:

I'll have him at County to perform his last day Houdini act :mrgreen:

Will Jan be staying on for next season? And has the Krazy Kiddy nightlife seen the last of Bo?
Good question about Jan. I reckon he's good for a small club like us and he will, of course, go at the drop of a pie should a better offer come along (er, again). As things stand, there are no plans beyond the end of this season.
Bo still lives in Kiddy and, I believe, is still a regular in the town's nightclubs (apparently there are a few of these in Kiddy, although I'm too old to go into such places and have no idea what sort of things go on in them. Is it all ecstasy, pole-dancing and doing whatever it was that got Stan Collymore banned from Radio 5 Live?). If it wasn't for the androtops and the clubbing the guy would have spent the last few years in a higher division. There again, if it wasn't for the beer and my own mispent youth I might have been ... well, actually, I would always have been total carp :(

chileman

Coach
So how do you think we'll go against Cambridge Utd......it's nice to be sitting above them and a win would certainly keep us there but would you settle for a draw amigo?

nostalgia

Juniors
It was a fairly uneventful 0-0 draw at Cambridge on Saturday. The most memorable thing was a pretty decent picnic by the river next to the ground before the match ...

We do look a lot more secure now. It looks increasingly likely that Carlisle will go down with one from Rochdale (we play Rochdale at Aggborough next week) or York. However, there's usually a twist right at the end of each season ...

chileman

Coach
Lets hope the twist is positive for us then ;-) I'm happy with a draw I guess! So nostalgia, this river you had the picnic...is that where they have the famous Oxford/Cambridge boat clash???