What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Schif leads us into Top 8

fourxman

Juniors
Clinton Schifcofske played outstanding today. He has easily put himself into the Maroons No. 1 Jersey.

paulquinn49

Bench
Yeah I'd say he has to be picked now, he played really well. However I think our best player on field was Mogg, by far.

Set up tries, solid runs, good work in defence.

aussies1st

Staff member
Schif was brillant with his kick returns. Agreed on Mogg, he was awesome. Looked brillant on attack and got rewarded with a try.

fourxman

Juniors
It would be nice if we can use this to start getting some momentum into the late stages of the season

raidz3r

Juniors
It was awesome seeing both TLL and Weyman on the park at the same time..i thought they provided us with the best go-forward we have had all year. Does anyone think TLL could be a bolter for origion?

raidersforme

Juniors
Best game of the year #*$@ing Brillant

Schif glad to see you still bleed green "YOU THE MAN"

on a sad note whats the ref's go penalty count should have been 50 / 4

fourxman

Juniors
TLL is a welshmen and they have plenty of solid forwards. I would say very unlikely.

I do agree though it was nice to have the go forward of the likes of Tilse, TLL and Horse. Added with Tounge with his work rate and enthusiasm.

paulquinn49

Bench
raidz3r said:
Does anyone think TLL could be a bolter for origin?

Nah man, NSW have way too many options ahead of him unfortunately. Luckily for us he should be playing next week against a Hindy-less Eels.

Great display, Mogg was fantastic and has really taken his game to a new level. I don't know what the hell has happened to him but he's playing out of his skin. Schif was fantastic again, seeing him run hard and straight is a treat. Even Purtell had a great game I thought, that kick to set up Croker's try was smart, and the passage between he and Howell where they linked up and split them on a kick return was great.

It's the first time all year we've played so expansive and look what happened. Hopefully there's more of it to come.

aussies1st

Staff member
Tisle still hasn't got the go forward of Weyman and Tom LL but a few more games and hopefully he too will be making big yardage.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Solid team performance. We lacked organisation with Carney at 7, but looked good with him at 6. I don`t think Tilse is a front rower and I suspect that we`ll see Williams or Thurling back before long.

Otherwise, that team looked good. I would really like to se Chalk retained, even if it`s only as a bench player who can cover both forwards and backs.

Roosters looked absolutely woeful.

legend

Coach
I thought Cross was going to Cry when Tom LL shoved him and yes, I saw Harrison playing with someone's arse in a tackle. Dirty bugger!

legend

Coach
Tilse will stay and I don't want Williams back in the side. Give me Thurling for Hodgson and everything will be fine.

Chalk is getting better with each game. I love his intensity.

Tokyo_Raider said:
Solid team performance. We lacked organisation with Carney at 7, but looked good with him at 6. I don`t think Tilse is a front rower and I suspect that we`ll see Williams or Thurling back before long.

Otherwise, that team looked good. I would really like to se Chalk retained, even if it`s only as a bench player who can cover both forwards and backs.

Roosters looked absolutely woeful.

You don't think he's a front rower?? What is he, a centre? The bloke is massive, and will get better with more game time. People were saying he was ordinary last week, but he is not the sort of forward that will hit the line and push through all the time. The defense will hit him around the waist(because he's so tall), and he will off-load more often than not like he did in Melbourne.

As for Carney, he was very good today, except that pass early on. His defence is getting better, and he was able to stand outside of Smith with confidence for once.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
Tilse will stay and I don't want Williams back in the side. Give me Thurling for Hodgson and everything will be fine.

Chalk is getting better with each game. I love his intensity.

Gotta agree with you there Legend ... Tilse started like a house on fire and did nothing but impress from that point ... I've been unmpressed with the big guy so far but today showed what a inspiring bookend we might have on our shelf.

Chalky is going to be a great utility in the mould of Toots and management should get the cheque book out and sign the guy for an extended period.

It always amazes me to see Thurls miss out on FG ... I would also exhange him for Hodgo who has a future not consistent with the Raiders.

A great result today ... the boys went on with it for a change ... was really great to see Carney recover after a rather iffy start ... good to see TLL back on his feet although I hate seeing young forwards going down with a knee.

And as the Army sang today "bring on the Italians" :lol:

sydraider

First Grade
Was good to see Tilse get one over, will do a world of good for his confidence IMO, he is an awesome prospect.

Agree with legend about Thurling in.

Great win, I love it when we beat the chooks, even if they are playing half arsed.
Thought it was going to be a bad day whilst being stuck at a servo in campbelltown, Hey Legend ;-)

We are playing with a lot more belief than in recent times, this is what I am really happy about. Forward pack looks good, Backs arent scared of playing expansive and Carney is coming along nicely. If all this stays the same and we Improve, we can give this comp a shake.