What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston - Imppressive

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bazal,

I don't want to upset your apple cart but Kingston played some 50+ games straight for the Sharks from Rd 19 2005 to Round 6 2008 before he spent 4 months on the sideline with a broken bone in his foot. If 2 1/2 seasons straight in first grade isnt classed as cementing a first grade spot then I'm open to hear what the Bazal definition of cement is.

quick question mate, Kinga played 7 against Wenty last year late in the year (I think it was a semi) how many times has he been a play maker for the cobras last year?

he was one of their best against us last year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was very impressed by Kinga, he was slick from dummy half. They both should be in the 17 from what i have seen. Kingston was kept out by De Gois after his injury, thats nothing to be ashamed of he is carving it up this year.

LOL @ for Sticky for getting rid of both of them for Hughes :lol:

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
quick question mate, Kinga played 7 against Wenty last year late in the year (I think it was a semi) how many times has he been a play maker for the cobras last year?

he was one of their best against us last year.

From memory that was the first time he started at 7, and yes it was the semi at Ringrose. Apart from that I think he may have filled in at half on the odd occasion as part of a hooker/half rotation. I remember when he was at Newtown he often switched from hooker to back row... he did that at the Cobras too.

strider

Post Whore
based on last night, I think his best posy for us is hooker/dummy half .... as Utey said, he's crisp (like a good iceburg lettuce)

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
I spoke to Kinga on thursday night and he was pumped for the game... You could see in his body language that he was itching to get out there... watch the video of Grothe's try and Hayne's 2nd... Kinga is first one there pumping up the boys... thats the sort of enthusiasm that a team sitting 3-6 needed... and I know if picked this week he'll be even more pumped because he'll get his first chance to say FU to super coach... I mean c'mon Ricky... Hughes or Kinga... its a no brainer!!!!!!!!

Bow_rider

Juniors
I don"t care who plays hooker next week, I'm just glad to see the people who called me a complete idiot last year when i dared to question whether Matt Keating was overrated, are the ones giving it to him now.:lol:

Lethal

Juniors
Hahaha Bazal really does know it all :lol: maybe he should be coaching the team :sarcasm:

Last edited:

ROGUE

Juniors
Good argument! Care to expand ?
Sure i'll expand, your previous comments about perhaps putting keating into the backrow is totally ludicrous.He has not shown any signs of someone that could be a competent backrower, and thats putting it midly.The kid has talent but until he's able to work out the problems he has between his ears whilst on the field as far as the decisions he makes, he'll only be that kid with potential.Not to mention not having the build, but hey this is a forum and if you think he'd be a backrower more power to you

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Lets face it, keating should be running the water. We looked so much better with a decent 9 out there.

very true keating is a toiler.. far far better with kingston out there... quality passing and great running game..

i loved when keating wasnt even looking at the play the ball abnd missed an opportunity to flick the pass back for a field goal...

Keating is sh*t and needs to go back to wenty!!!

kingston a much better hooeker!!! why has he not been given a chance?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
also i noticed people were saying the forwards are trhe reason kingston looked good!

Anyone who actually watched the game would have seen there was NO GO FORWARD until kingston came on??????

watch the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all there to see!!

Bazal

Post Whore
so i take it we have a brand new scapegoat now???...noice!!

Seems that way. Drop Matt Keating! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

preview_image_thumbnail.php

:sarcasm:

Bazal

Post Whore
& off topic was it u who said we're better off buying Blake Green then spending big on Wing if we had the chance? can't remember

It was, in a manner of speaking. And I explained the reasoning at the time, but seeing as you're obviously slow on the uptake, let me reiterate. Would you rather spend 3-500k on Craig Wing to play out of position at 7, leaving us no money to buy forwards (which is the area we're really struggling)? Or would you rather spend 3-500k on a good prop (eg Justin Poore) AND another solid forward or two, and then get a solid half/five-eighth for peanuts to warm the seat until a top 7 becomes available, or until we can have a shot at a Ben Hunt or the like when they come off contract?

It's a fairly simple concept, but obviously one that was a little difficult for you. Now, could we please stop hijacking the thread, or do you have more inane dribble you want to get out there?

dazeely

First Grade
VERY impressed

service out of dummy half was great - fast passes - not afraid to take a scoot when the markers are not ready

I give him 4 thumbs out of 5 ... :thumn :thumn :thumn :thumn

can't argue there strides. backs his own ability doesn't he.

Bazal

Post Whore
can't argue there strides. backs his own ability doesn't he.

The thing I was impressed with most was not his service, which everyone is overstating, but his awareness on the Hayne drop goal in OT. Sure, he ended up being offside...but the awareness to get through when it hit the post and just dive on it impressed me. In doing that, had he been onside, he'd have ensured a turnover and a set defensive line rather than giving the Sharks a shot in broken play. That kind of awareness will be a good thing for Keats to learn IMO

Latest posts