What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

MKCS

Juniors
Usual AFL trolls led by Perth Plank criticising a fantastic effort. I understand that what the NRL did is hard for them to get their simple cult affected minds around: Simply the best sung by the whole crowd, a great welcome to country warmly recieved by all at accor and then a resounding rendition of the anthem.

All by people of colour and not one boo or banana in sight!

It's a marketing and prestige thing to be honest, compare the two.

KISS - One of the most influential rock bands of all time, sold tens of millions of records, one of the greatest bands of all time, will go down in history and never be forgotten. Yes, they are now in their seventies and were lip syncing but that's still KISS, a band that the people in attendance will tell their children/grandchildren that they saw live.

Tina Turner Tribute Act - A good/great tribute act to someone who was on KISS' level fame wise before she unfortunately passed away.

---

As I mentioned previously ideally our big events here in Australia would get someone current and relevant but they don't have the budget for that so bands like KISS are the next best option in that they are affordable and add plenty of prestige to the event.

The proof is in the numbers also, the AFL grand final show has 463,000 views and 2361 comments on YouTube whilst the NRL has 12,000 views and just 109 comments.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's a marketing and prestige thing to be honest, compare the two.

KISS - One of the most influential rock bands of all time, sold tens of millions of records, one of the greatest bands of all time, will go down in history and never be forgotten. Yes, they are now in their seventies and were lip syncing but that's still KISS, a band that the people in attendance will tell their children/grandchildren that they saw live.

Tina Turner Tribute Act - A good/great tribute act to someone who was on KISS' level fame wise before she unfortunately passed away.

---

As I mentioned previously ideally our big events here in Australia would get someone current and relevant but they don't have the budget for that so bands like KISS are the next best option in that they are affordable and add plenty of prestige to the event.

The proof is in the numbers also, the AFL grand final show has 463,000 views and 2361 comments on YouTube whilst the NRL has 12,000 views and just 109 comments.
AFL spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to attract 1 new fan.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Usual AFL trolls led by Perth Plank criticising a fantastic effort. I understand that what the NRL did is hard for them to get their simple cult affected minds around: Simply the best sung by the whole crowd, a great welcome to country warmly recieved by all at accor and then a resounding rendition of the anthem.

All by people of colour and not one boo or banana in sight!
I am the banana man': Broncos bend it like Flegler | Shepparton News

Jamberoo

Juniors
I don't think it is about attracting new fans moreso just creating prestige and making a big moment for the fans in attendance.
Having Kiss would also have helped with TV ratings, whereas I doubt a single person tuned in specifically to see the TT impersonator.