What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

Gardenia

Bench
KISS were the luckiest people at da G yesterday. They could f**k off back to their hotel room for their nana nap before the shitfest the afl call a game started.
Laughing all the way to the bank. Ill get up there and put the get up on and have people put shit on me if i can take the same $$$ away from a 15 minute perfomance.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Laughing all the way to the bank. Ill get up there and put the get up on and have people put shit on me if i can take the same $$$ away from a 15 minute perfomance.
And thats why they did it. Not the afl propoganda about them wanting to be involved with afl.

Anyhoo, the real grand final is on today and I look forward to Tina, but more importantly a great game after it.

Gardenia

Bench
And thats why they did it. Not the afl propoganda about them wanting to be involved with afl.

Anyhoo, the real grand final is on today and I look forward to Tina, but more importantly a great game after it.
Agreed. This was just filling in the time waiting for the NRL GF. Do not support either team just hoping it's not a blood bath today and a good game. I watch it for the game not the pre match entertainment. Do wish it was actually Tina but sadly it isnt.

docbrown

Coach

Australian sports (and I hate to say it but a lot of Australians) seem to have this desire to be acknowledged by foreigners. So that whole 'KISS love AFL' bs is just fodder for the zealots.

"If we can convert KISS to AFL fans, maybe we can get all the other geriatric American rockers to do the same!"

I thought all sports stadium "performances" contained backing tracks and vocals, no matter who it was?
On the whole they do.
It's easy to tell the difference, if it sounds great on TV then it's got them.
If it sounds shyte on TV that usually means they are playing live at the venue and it would sound fine at the ground.

horrie hastings

First Grade
KISS was fantastic 😍
They said they love Australia
He described it as God's country
He wants to buy a property here
I was actually quite surprised how well Paul Stanley spoke when Matthew Richardson interviewed him before the pre match entertainment, i was expecting every second word to be ummmh or not being able to string more than a couple of words together but he came across very well.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee

Kiss played well. The AFL must have paid them extra in calling the sport one of the greatest in the world.

Great game by both teams though.

blue bags

First Grade
Magpies played the SS way
Spoil and surge
They take it to the next level
Giant's should have beaten Magpies last week
Had a 17 point lead . But lost by 1 point
Lions were favourite yesterday

blue bags

First Grade
The kids were great we loved that part. Alot of work went into their costumes and makeup and the kids practicing their choreography.
It was a good trip down memory lane hearing these songs as a kid. It annoyed me though when they were saying (KISS) this is the greatest footy game in the world. They obviously havent seen RL.
KISS has been on NRL footy show ch9 before
Years ago . Fatty is a massive fan

blue bags

First Grade
Australian sports (and I hate to say it but a lot of Australians) seem to have this desire to be acknowledged by foreigners. So that whole 'KISS love AFL' bs is just fodder for the zealots.

"If we can convert KISS to AFL fans, maybe we can get all the other geriatric American rockers to do the same!"
KISS guy simmons said his Carlton Blues fan
Been to Australia many many times
Over 50 years. Of course they know AFL and NRL

docbrown

Coach
KISS guy simmons said his Carlton Blues fan
Been to Australia many many times
Over 50 years. Of course they know AFL and NRL
Everyone knows that Simmons never misses a single fumbleball game. He regularly gets up at 2am to go to the toilet (he now has to go every hour) then he turns on the telly and watches his beloved Carlton fumble around in their tank tops. He knows all the players' names too. Guy Whiteington. White Guyington. Al Bino. Timmy McStringbean. He has them tattooed on his chest with all his other lovers' names. Not many people know it but many famous KISS songs have subtle references to fumbleball. Geelong rock city. I was made for fumbling baby. I wanna rock and roll all night and chase around a chip like a bunch of seagulls every day.

Nuke

Staff member
That Tina tribute looked and sounded great on tv, especially with it being nighttime.

I'll bet KISS, if they were watching, wish they'd have chosen the NRL GF to do instead.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I notice ch 9 cut away when some of the players who were originally in the ad came out on stage right at the end, i wanted to see who they were, i only noticed back door Benny.