What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

Nuke

Staff member
Is that who they were?
I'm watching on a fairly small tv and I just figured they were the retiring players again.

Jamberoo

Juniors
KISS guy simmons said his Carlton Blues fan
Been to Australia many many times
Over 50 years. Of course they know AFL and NRL
Kiss have never toured during football season, so would probably have no idea about either sport. What they are, is great at PR.

The Tina impersonator had a brilliant voice, but that was pretty uninspiring.

MKCS

Juniors
Ideally you'd want someone relevant who is a big deal currently but tbh if I had the choice between seeing KISS and a Tina Turner impersonator I'd take KISS just to say I saw some legends live.

sportsnut

Juniors
KISS, Penrith, Tina, Penrith, Collingwood, Penrith oh and Penrith

Congratulations to all the weekend winners and champions!

Gardenia

Bench

horrie hastings

First Grade

Even though there was a bit of energy to the show i thought it fell a bit flat because of the scope of the venue or maybe just watching it on TV, i have seen the stage show and it is in a more intimate space and it does really blow you away performance wise at the theatre, the night we went we had the understudy playing Tina as the main girl had done the matinee earlier in the day, the understudy was bloody good though.
Lol, i will mention the wig to my neighbour downstairs as she does the wigs for the production of the show.

docbrown

Coach
News.com.au strategy to get clicks/reads:

1. Pick a topic already known to get clicks - royal bullshit, celebrity gossip, rugby league, some chick in a scantily clad bikini

2. Look for quotes on twitter that confirm your pre-determined biased perspective as evidence of that "negative mass outrage".

3. Publish with multiple editing mistakes.

4. Repeat.

Jamberoo

Juniors
But the opportunities are endless. Not to mention the value for money! You can save even more value by having one of them sing the national anthem as well, 2 for 1!
The AFL also found it hard to lock in someone big. Once the NRL missed out on Kiss, there were clearly not many/any big name options. Stadium Rock obviously works well in a stadium. They should be planning someone big for next year already.

Pneuma

First Grade
News.com.au strategy to get clicks/reads:

1. Pick a topic already known to get clicks - royal bullshit, celebrity gossip, rugby league, some chick in a scantily clad bikini

2. Look for quotes on twitter that confirm your pre-determined biased perspective as evidence of that "negative mass outrage".

3. Publish with multiple editing mistakes.

4. Repeat.
They had released the article online attacking the act before it had finished. It was standard click bait news.com behaviour

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Usual AFL trolls led by Perth Plank criticising a fantastic effort. I understand that what the NRL did is hard for them to get their simple cult affected minds around: Simply the best sung by the whole crowd, a great welcome to country warmly recieved by all at accor and then a resounding rendition of the anthem.

All by people of colour and not one boo or banana in sight!

MKCS

Juniors
That Tina impersonator probably made 50 bucks whilst every member of kiss probs 100k each

It is crazy how much money is in entertainment once you reach KISS type level, I'd say that the band probably got paid $500,000 - $750,000 to go and do the AFL Grand Final which is pretty much a paid advertisement for their stadium concert, not bad for 3 songs either.

For the actual stadium show at Accor Stadium where they'll do their whole set they'll probably get 1.5 million as a guarantee plus a cut of merchandise most likely. I'm not a huge KISS guy but it is a legendary band that will go down in history, bands like that are compensated very well.

Latest posts