What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis ANZAC Squad?

shiznit

Coach
He can go and get ..... you know what. What a laughing stock our game would be if Chase got back into the Kiwis and Kyle was playing for the Kangaroos. Imagine explaining that to an impartial non-leaguie fan... oh, he's not playing for them because he likes a state comp better. That'd be a WTF look for sure.
meh... it happens from time to time in all sports.

Hell... even in the biggest sport of them all... at the football world cup last year they had the Boateng Brothers play against each other... KP played for Ghana against Jerome who was playing for Germany.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'll give it a crack (not my side necessarily - what I think will be picked):

1- Hohaia
2- Inu
3- Matai
4- SKD
5- Nightingale
6- Foran
7- Marshall
8- Blair
9- Fien
10- Asotasi
11- Mannering
12- Harrison
13- Smith

14- Luke
15- Rapira
16- Nuuausala
17- Glenn

18- Proctor

AliN

Live Update Team
‎1. Hohaia
2. Inu
3. Matai
4. SKD
5. Nightingale
6. Marshall (c)
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Blair
12. Nuuasala
13. Smith

14. Luke
15. Brown/ Mannering
16. Waerea-Hargreaves
17. MoiMoi
18. Pritchard
19. Proctor

1. Nightengale
2. Inu
3. Glenn
4. SKD
5. Duffie
6. Marshall (c)
7. Foran
8. Nuuasala
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Blair
12. Harrison
13. Smith

14. Luke
15. Brown
16. Pritchard
17. MoiMoi

18. Horo

hitman82

Bench
Hohaia
Nightingale
Matai
SKD
Inu
Marshall
Foran
Rapira
Luke
Asotasi
Blair
Brown
Smith

Fein
Nuuausala
Moi Moi
Glenn

Noa

First Grade
He can go and get ..... you know what. What a laughing stock our game would be if Chase got back into the Kiwis and Kyle was playing for the Kangaroos. Imagine explaining that to an impartial non-leaguie fan... oh, he's not playing for them because he likes a state comp better. That'd be a WTF look for sure.

Bit of an over-reation Iafeta. Happened at the WC this last year, Boateng brothers played for Ghana and Germany.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Hohaia
Nightingale
SKD
Matai
Inu
Marshall
Foran
Blair
Luke
Asotasi
Pritchard
Harrison
Smith

Fien
Moimoi
Rapira
Glenn

Judd

Juniors
No big deal in Stanley turning down the Kiwis...Kearney HAD to ask him the question, but bottom line is you want players who will die to be in the Kiwis...not half arssed prima donnas who think way too much of themselves...a lot of them dont make it to origin anyway.

Iafeta

Referee
Bit of an over-reation Iafeta. Happened at the WC this last year, Boateng brothers played for Ghana and Germany.

One incident. How many others can you think of?

FTR, I'm not too fussed. The bloke was born and bred in Australia. I don't even know if he's lived a day in his life in NZ. The point is its weird that a great Kiwi stalwart in Smokin Joe, a Kiwi icon, has a relo pulling up stumps potentially for Australia. It'd be similar to a Waugh brother rocking up for New Zealand Cricket. Just something you wouldn't expect given their families national legacies.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
One incident. How many others can you think of?

FTR, I'm not too fussed. The bloke was born and bred in Australia. I don't even know if he's lived a day in his life in NZ. The point is its weird that a great Kiwi stalwart in Smokin Joe, a Kiwi icon, has a relo pulling up stumps potentially for Australia. It'd be similar to a Waugh brother rocking up for New Zealand Cricket. Just something you wouldn't expect given their families national legacies.

Give it 15 years or so and NZ Cricket could be facing up to a Cairns

Judd

Juniors
whew...I thought we were going to lose our lock to suspension due to a "stray" finger a la Hopoate.
Careful Jeremy :lol:

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Yeah but just imagine how Samoa felt when Smokin Jo played for NZ even though he was born there haha. Apparently Tim Cahill is a cousin of jo too.

So...... if Foran is out....

6. Benji
7. Fein
9. Luke
14. Hohaia

1. Beale.

Seems a better option than bringing heremia in or playing Lewis as reserve hooker

Warmess

Juniors
Says here that it's just a cork for Foran. Hopefully we'll see him play, though would be typical that he's out :/

ozbash

Referee
A cousin of All Blacks legend Zinzan Brooke, who played for the Junior Kangaroos only last year, is the bolter in the Kiwis squad to be named tonight and almost unseated veteran fullback Lance Hohaia from the side to face Australia.
Australian-born Brisbane utility Gerard Beale, who continued his dashing form for the Broncos with a two-try performance in Friday's 20-12 defeat of the Bulldogs, will be the Kiwis' standby player for the Anzac test after switching allegiance to New Zealand.
Selectors formally name the side tonight but it is understood Beale came close to edging out Hohaia from the starting fullback role for the test.
Kiwi selectors are conscious of finding a long-term successor for Hohaia, who has signed to play for St Helens in England from next season and selection convener Howie Tamati talked last week of a succession plan.
It's thought Beale may be named in tonight's squad of 18 or 19 players, but won't figure in the side unless there are injuries this weekend but he is seen as a long-term prospect for the Kiwis and a substantial gain from Australia.
Beale, 20, played for Australia against New Zealand in last year's junior international series after breaking his arm on debut for Brisbane last May. He bulked up in the off-season and has been a regular for the Broncos in the injury-absence of another Kiwi-qualified fullback, Josh Hoffman.
Other team news involves a call-up for Melbourne's Matt Duffie, a recall for Warrior Sam Rapira and the likely withdrawal due to a wrist injury of former skipper Roy Asotasi, who was expected to figure in the frontrow.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4947260/Broncos-Gerard-Beale-the-bolter-for-Kiwis