What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team

joseph1

Juniors
Pritchard hasnt done anything this year. Brown could get a utility spot? All of you are writing off Matulino. He is a champion right now. (i agree with those mentioning Pettybourne, he has impressed me alot from his limited involvement in the souths campaign). Nuuasala has to be our form attacking forward atm.

NRLMad

Juniors
1 Hohaia
2 Perrett
3 Sau
4 SKD
5 Manu / Nightingale
6 Marshall
7 Foran
8 Asotasi
9 Luke
10 Nuuasala
11 Mannering
12 Blair
13 Pritchard

14 Fien
15 Hargreaves
16 Harrison
17 Rapira

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Hohaia, 2. Perrett, 3. Kenny-Dowall, 4. Matai, 5. Vatuvei, 6. Marshall, 7. Foran, 8. Asotasi, 9. Luke, 10. Blair, 11. Nuuausala, 12. Mannering, 13. Smith, BENCH: 14. Glenn, 15. Harrison, 16. Hargreaves, 17. Rapira

18. Nightingale, 19. Matulino, 20. Fien, 32. Moimoi

OR

1. Perrett, 2. Nightingale, 3. Kenny-Dowall, 4. Matai, 5. Vatuvei, 6. Marshall, 7. Foran, 8. Asotasi, 9. Luke, 10. Blair, 11. Nuuausala, 12. Mannering, 13. Smith, BENCH: 14. Hohaia, 15. Harrison, 16. Hargreaves, 17. Rapira

18. Glenn, 19. Matulino, 20. Fien, 21. Moimoi

That is the way I see it.

Eastwood, Ropati, Heremaia are very good players and can't even crack that lineup.

Pritchard, Lima and Sau have been far from their best form and probably don't warrant selection.

Brown is still fairly raw and needs a bit more consistency.

Winterstein, Packer, Pettybourne, McKendry, Masoe, Locke and Duffie probably aren't ready yet, especially with the wealth of experienced players ahead of them who are more than capable of doing the job.

Billythekid

First Grade
I know Pricthard has been out of form but geez it's hard to leave him off the team. He has the potential to win games by himself when he goes off.

Also i'm not sure how Pritchards form can be seen as not good enough if you're selecting Blair. He has played atrocious footbal this year.

Harrison has been up and down as well.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Pritchard and Blair both lift in the kiwi jersey, they thrive on the emotion of it (like Mr Kidwell lol), they are mostly disinterested playing club footy.

Harrison has been on fire lately, even the aussie commentators have been talking him up, he seems to be the only Canberra forward who is not on a constant rotation.

D

Deleted member 10972

I agree that Pritchard, Smith, Hargreaves and Blair are players who seem to always step up in the Kiwis jersey. But really, especially in the case of Pritchard, who can you exclude for him? It would be very harsh to drop Nuuausala or Harrison, who have both been in outstanding form this season, just because Pritchard would hopefully 'step up' in the Kiwi jersey.

Jeff Lima has had a stunning fall from grace. One of the more consistent props over the past few seasons, now is playing very very average footy.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Yeah I don't think i'd pick Pritchard, just saying you can't discount him on club form.

But Harrison and Nu'ausala have been going great guns, Blair is a shoe in and I would say if fit JWH will be there as well. Frankies days as a Kiwi may be over.

Of course we don't know who are going to be denied the chance to play by their clubs yet because they need 'off-season surgery'

Noa

First Grade
if sika manu got picked having not played a game in a year how the f**k is he not in every single team here.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Isn't it great the amount of players vying for spots, especially in the forwards.
Pritchard used to be the first forward picked, if he was fit, usually off the bench, but for impact and his ability to win matches. Now we're talking about him missing out for the likes of nuuasala and harrison, which have both been in great form and showed what they can do in the kiwi jumper in previous tests.
I wish there was one other halfback/five eight in the mix, to give foran and marshall a run for their money, roberts played classy in his first game back the other week, but i know he has next to no chance of playing for the kiwis again, probably just samoa.
Another centre would be good too, to put pressure on matai and SKD, ropati is in great form, but he also is unlikely to be picked because he is prone to a shocker. Defensively, clinton toopi is in great form at the titans, but he is another very unlikely of playing again, because he can be a shocker with the ball in hand.
Is anyone aware of any up and coming halves or centres which could make a big NRL impact over the next year or two? Would be great for added pressure.
And also, which of the likely NZL players for this years 4 nations are in great form that if they were aussies, would get picked for the kangaroos team?

taste2taste

Juniors
1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowell
4. Sau
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Blair
12. Pritchard
13. Harrison

14. Brown
15. Moi Moi
16. Nuuasaka
17. Manu

18. Taia
19. Masoe
20. Heargraves
21. Nightengale
22. Mannering

Great team, only change i'd make is Smith instead of FPN... i like Brown on the bench covers alot of positions, im not sold on Sau but we are lacking a quality centre.
Pity Eastwood, Masoe and Pettybourne miss out, but they wouldnt be in my top team.

BTW, NZ to go through the 4 Nations undefeated

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Nu'uausala
11. Mannering
12. Harrison
13. Blair

14. Rapira
15. Manu
16. McKendry
17. Warea-Hargreaves
18. Smith

Issac comfortably handles 80 minutes week to week in the NRL. None of the other options in the 9 for New Zealand can hold a candle to him as a player. If he can survive the Haka he can survive an entire match. I'm a massive wrap for McKendry too, so he'd make my team if not many others. On another note, the depth in the forwards for NZ at the moment must be the best it has ever been. Some pretty good players won't make the team.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If we go in with Luke as our only hooker I'd like to have Brown on then bench as cover. If Hohaia gets picked he can cover as well I spose.

NRLMad

Juniors
These guys are probably entitled to play for the smaller nations - but just thought i'd through them up...

Five Eighths / Halves:
- Taumata (if he continues to play well).
- Shaun Johnson; Tuimivave in Warriors U20s.
- Isaac John looked OK before getting injured.
- Kyle Stanley (U20s Dragons)

Centres:
- Tomane (would have been a shoe in for a centre position and if he had of stayed loyal to NZ and not been injured).
- Chase Stanley (Melbourne)

Sika Manu is a great player; Nuuasala has been one fo the outstanding players of this year. Jeremy Smith has done nothing to warrant selection.
Players to never get picked again as they just aren't up to it: Lima, Ropati.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10972

These guys are probably entitled to play for the smaller nations - but just thought i'd through them up...

Five Eighths / Halves:
- Taumata (if he continues to play well).
- Shaun Johnson; Tuimivave in Warriors U20s.
- Isaac John looked OK before getting injured.
- Kyle Stanley (U20s Dragons)

Centres:
- Tomane (would have been a shoe in for a centre position and if he had of stayed loyal to NZ and not been injured).
- Chase Stanley (Melbourne)

Sika Manu is a great player; Nuuasala has been one fo the outstanding players of this year. Jeremy Smith has done nothing to warrant selection.
Players to never get picked again as they just aren't up to it: Lima, Ropati.

Add Tuimavave to the list of players to never be picked again.

Jeremy Smith is in the same case as Adam Blair, JWH, Junior Sau and to a lesser extent Pritchard - regardless of club form, they must be selected as they step up for the Kiwi's. Mannering should be there too.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
1. Hohaia
2. Nightengale
3. SKD
4. Perrett
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Moi Moi
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Harrison
12. Mannering
13. Blair

14. Nu'uasala
15. Rapira
16. Smith
17. Manu

18. Brown
19. Matai
20. Fien
21. Warea-Hargreaves
22. Sau

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I'd really like to see Arana Taumata in the squad somewhere.

Same here, that Maori vs All Golds game comes to mind when he showed up Benji with some nice foot work. I notice he's played a few games for the Cowboys at centre? In the halves is where he belongs.

I'd love to see McKendry get a run though. He looks the goods.

^yep he's looked great for the Cowboys at centre. Such a talent. He should be at 5/8 though. I'd like him as a utility off the bench.