What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team

westie

Bench
1. Hohaia

2. Perrett
4. Kenny Dowall

3. Sau
5. Vatuvei

6. Benji
7. Leuluai

8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. FPN

Right. Blair
Middle. Mannering
Left. Pritchard

14. Moi Moi
15. JWH
16. Harrison

Any one from Asotasi, Lima, Manu, Masoe etc.

Fonzie

Juniors
You have picked 2 guys who aren't Centres but no room for the form Centre in the NRL.

Mate my centres are Sau (left) and Mannering (right). Mannering has played centre for club and country before and I think he would do a better job defensively than SKD, who IMO has a few defensive errors in him. I'm not sure the Kiwis right centre will see much space with the ball.

Agree that SKD is in much better form than Sau, but he plays on the right. If SKD would be comfortable on the left i'd pick him there ahead of Sau.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I dont rate Pritchard this year. I think he has under achieved in the Penrith team where most have excelled.

In regards to Sau , I think you will find Matai or Ropati.

On the wing you cannot forget about nightingale. But who do u axe???

I suppose u could play Perrett at fullback and then play Hohaia from the bench.

hutch

First Grade
I dont rate Pritchard this year. I think he has under achieved in the Penrith team where most have excelled.

In regards to Sau , I think you will find Matai or Ropati.

On the wing you cannot forget about nightingale. But who do u axe???

I suppose u could play Perrett at fullback and then play Hohaia from the bench.

hohaia is too good a player and too valuable to the kiwis to be left on the bench!

joseph1

Juniors
Smith and Asotasi have been nowhere near their best this year. Form says Matulino and Masoe for sure. Packer and Brown are being overlooked. Have you guys been watching warriors games this year? Also Sau and Manu have done sweet f**k all and would only be there on reputation. We need to move with the times. Pritchard hasnt earned a spot either.

RHCP

Bench
So Mose Masoe makes some big hits in one game and suddenly he has to be picked for New Zealand?

joseph1

Juniors
Hes been great all year man. Making some epic charges and hits in every game. He was a really highly rated junior to, just injuries held him back. He is like the Willie Mason of 2003.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I know it will be hard to fit him in due to all the quality NZ forwards, but i would like to see McKendry make the squad to get some experience in an International Camp.

RHCP

Bench
I know it will be hard to fit him in due to all the quality NZ forwards, but i would like to see McKendry make the squad to get some experience in an International Camp.
Wholeheartedly agree. McKendry's going to become an integral part of the New Zealand side in the future, at least in my opinion.

alan89

Juniors
Kiwis have a gun side this season - this would be my team -

Hohaia
Vatuvei
Shaun Kenny Dowall
Junior Sau
Jason Nightingale/Sam Perrett
Benji Marshall
Kieren Foran
Frank Paul Nuuasala
Issac Luke
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Bronson Harrison
Adam Blair
Simon Mannering

Bench - Roy Asotasi, Jared Wearea Hargreaves, Frank Pritchard, Jeff Lima

eels_fan

First Grade
Justin Horo has been in awesome form and surely would be being considered for a bench role. Can fill in forwards and centres

D

Deleted member 10972

For now...

1. Hohaia
2. Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Brown (I would try him out there in the centres)
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Hargreaves
11. Blair
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Fien
15. Manu
16. Moimoi/Lima
17. Rapira

Reserve outside backs: Nightingale, Goodwin
Reserve centres: Sau, Matai
Reserve backrowers: Harrison, Eastwood, Pritchard, Nuuausala
Reserve props: Matulino, Packer, McKendry, Masoe
Reserve halves: Roberts

Bringing young props Matulino, Packer, McKendry and Masoe along for the experience is ideal. They probably have the hardest time, to step up to the international level, as opposed to outside backs and backrowers. Even Hargreaves and Rapira are young. But these guys are the new generation, and it is up to the older brigade of Asotasi and Moimoi/Lima to get these blokes accustomed to belting the Aussie and British pack around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
McKendry and Pritchard both had strong games tonight. McKendry is a deadset machine! Has not missed a First Grade game this year.

hutch

First Grade
locke is also an outside chance of a place in the squad. has a massive kiwi future!

Perth Tiger

Bench
The depth for the Kiwis has improved so much. They could field a very good B side these days. For the record I would go

1. Hohaia
2. Nightingale/Perrett
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Matai/Sau/Ropati/Inu
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Pritichard/Harrison
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Brown
15. Manu
16. Asotasi/Moimoi
17. Hargreaves/Packer/Matulino/Mosoe

With the likes of Locke, Lima and any others I have forgotten as backup

taste2taste

Juniors
Kiwis def have the best forward pack, pommies also good. Kangaroo's might be the 3rd best.

My forwars would be

8-Asotasi
9-Luke
10-Moimoi
11-Prichard
12-Blair
13-Smith

Bench Forwards
Rapira
Harrison
Manu

if all those players go down injured the Kiwis could still field a great pack.

8-Packer
9-Fein
10-Mosoe
11-FPN
12-JWH
13-Mannering

Bench
Pettybourne
Brown
Eastwood

and if all those players go down injured the Kiwis could still field a pretty good forward pack

8-McKendry
9-Hermanson
10-Lima
11-Matulina
12-Horo
13-Taia

Bench
Glenn
Thompson

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
that kiwi pack does like just a little bit awesome....that opening game against us should be an absolute monster of a game..