What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team

RHCP

Bench
1. Lance Hohaia
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4. Steve Matai
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Kieran Foran
8. Fuifui Moimoi
9. Isaac Luke
10. Sam Rapira
11. Zeb Taia
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Adam Blair

14. Jared Waerea-Hargraves
15. Sam McKendry
16. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
17. Junior Sau/Nathan Fien/Mose Masoe/Eddy Pettybourne

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4. Steve Matai
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Kieran Foran
8. Russel Packer
9. Isaac Luke
10. Sam Rapira
11. Zeb Taia
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Adam Blair

14. Jared Waerea-Hargraves
15. Mose Masoe
16. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
17. Lance Hohaia

Iafeta

Referee
Hoffman to fullback, Hohaia onto the bench to interchange for Luke and provide general cover. Tough luck on Lance, but Hoffman is going brilliantly for Brissy.

Billythekid

First Grade
I understand people are picking what they want but some of these teams could never happen. For a start any team that doesn't have Sika Manu. NZ have made it pretty clear that if he is fit he will be straight on the team.

taste2taste

Juniors
I understand people are picking what they want but some of these teams could never happen. For a start any team that doesn't have Sika Manu. NZ have made it pretty clear that if he is fit he will be straight on the team.

Sika should be one of the first forwards picked, great player.

Good to see the Kiwis snare one back from Australia. Hoffman is a brillant player and will be a key player for many years to come.

hutch

First Grade
Good to see the Kiwis snare one back from Australia. Hoffman is a brillant player and will be a key player for many years to come.

not that there is anything wrong with it, but the kiwis have gained a hell of a lot more players from australia then australia have from nz. its great that a player such as hoffman wants to play for the kiwis, but you wouldnt want to see the entire nz team made up of players who qualify in this way.

taste2taste

Juniors
Lewis Brown has to be picked.... hes been awesome this season...

There will be one utility spot on the bench wich will be chosen from Brown, Hohia, Glenn and Mannering.

I hope its Brown, he plays tough football.

I doubt Kearney would pick him at centre but with SKD a shoe in for one centre spot there isnt a stand out for the second centre...Sau cant pass and Matia cant defend.

1. Hohaia
2. Nightengale
3. SKD
4. Perrett
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Moi Moi
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Harrison
12. Mannering
13. Blair

14. Nu'uasala
15. Rapira
16. Smith
17. Manu

18. Brown
19. Matai
20. Fien
21. Warea-Hargreaves
22. Sau

Perrett at centre is a massive mistake he either plays wing or not at all.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
01 Josh Hoffman
02 Sam Perrett
03 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
04 Steve Matai
05 Manu Vatuvei
06 Benji Marshall
07 Kieran Foran
08 Fuifui Moimoi
09 Issac Luke
10 Roy Asotasi
11 Simon Mannering
12 Bronson Harrison
13 Adam Blair

14 Lance Hohaia
15 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16 Frank Pritchard
17 Sika Manu

18 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
19 Nathan Fien
20 Junior Sau
21 Zeb Taia
22 Lewis Brown
23 Sam Rapira
24 Jeremy Smith
25 Jason Nightingale

hattori hanzo

Juniors
01 Josh Hoffman
02 Sam Perrett
03 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
04 Steve Matai
05 Manu Vatuvei
06 Benji Marshall
07 Kieran Foran
08 Fuifui Moimoi
09 Issac Luke
10 Roy Asotasi
11 Simon Mannering
12 Bronson Harrison
13 Adam Blair

14 Lance Hohaia
15 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16 Frank Pritchard
17 Sika Manu

18 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
19 Nathan Fien
20 Junior Sau
21 Zeb Taia
22 Lewis Brown
23 Sam Rapira
24 Jeremy Smith
25 Jason Nightingale

Nightingale has to be in the run on team IMO and Hoffmans not ready maybe next year. $hit you guys have some good quality forwards kicking around to be able to leave Hargreaves and Smith out.

(Fullback)-Hohaia (Wings)-Perrett, Vatuvei (Centres)-Kenny-Dowall, Mannering (Halves)-Marshall, Fien (Rake)-Luke (Front-rowers)-Nuuausala, Rapira, Blair (Second-rowers)-Harrison, Pritchard (Interchange)-Nightingale, Asotasi, Waerea-Hargreaves, S.Manu

Shame there aren't 2 refs at Test level, that'll give a better indication as to the difference between the sides.

Last edited:

Bman26

Juniors
1. Hoffman
2. Perrett
3. SKD
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. FPN
11. Manu
12 Harrison
13. Blair

14. JWH
15. Asotasi
16. Pritchard
17. Hohaia

joseph1

Juniors
Im gonna have another go, based on form and destructive
power:

1) Hohaia
2) Perrett
3) SKD
4) Matai
5) Vatuvei
6) Marshall
7) Foran.

(toss up between Perret and Nightingale, i dont think Sau or Hoffman are doing quite enough atm)

8) Rapira
9) Luke
10) Blair
11) Nuuasala
12) Harrison
13) Mannering

14) Hargreaves
15) Matulino
16) Masoe
17) Brown

Packer 18th man and very unlucky, he is pure quality right now but those other 3 props on the bench are the bash brothers, will knock out all the opposition. Best impact forwards around. No space
for Moimoi Asotasi Pritchard even. Brown as utility if they want one otherwise Packer.

Billythekid

First Grade
Again i will say this, Sika Manu will be on the team unless he is injured (deservingly so IMO).

I will be interested to see the centres. Sau has been atrocious this year and if i was Australia and saw that he was picked i would be going down his side all game. He has barely looked first grade quality this year.

Matai. Will the selectors risk him again. How often does he go down in the first 10 minutes (or at some other point in the game) with an injury. I am sick of seeing him selected only to have that backfire. In his best form he may be NZ's best centre (i don't agree but that doesn't matter) but i just don't think you can risk him. Especially when Australias backline is so dangerous. Losing a centre mid game would be terrible.

I would probably pick SKD as he is in pretty damn good form. The other selection is more difficult. I think it will be Matai but that is a huge risk.

Fonzie

Juniors
If I was coaching the Kiwis, I would structure my attack like this:

For our 'good' ball, I would want Benji and Foran playing on the same side of the ruck so that Benji can play wide and deep. To suit Benji's favoured pass and so that Benji can link up with Vatuvei, I would have the forwards motoring down the right hand side of the field and setting up a wide left side attack. Then you would want big and fast left edge ball runners hitting Benji's passes at the line.

For our 'ordinary' ball, I would be looking to cut up through the middle with Luke scooting off quick play the balls and players supporting for second phase play. To suit that style, I think you would go with a high rotation front row, backrowers with ball skills/ an offload, and a fullback who is a good support player.

Because of the way the attack is structured, I think you would go with a defensive right edge combination.

So, my Kiwis 17:

Pivots
Luke
Foran
Marshall

Front rowers
Asotasi
Moi Moi
Rapira
Nu'uasala
Hargreaves

Back Rowers
Harrison
Pritchard
Blair

Right backs
Mannering
Perret

Left backs
Sau (too slow, but quicker and less injury prone than Matai)
Vatuvei

Fullback
Hohaia

Reserve back
Nightingale

D

Deleted member 10972

Based on form:

1. Perrett
2. Nightingale
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Hargreaves
11. Blair
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Hohaia
15. Harrison
16. Nuuausala
17. Rapira

Reserve props: Moimoi, Lima, Matulino, Masoe/McKendry (bring one along for the experience)
Reserve backrowers: Pritchard, Manu, Brown, Taia
Reserve backs: Sau, Hoffman
Reserve utility: Glenn