What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team

D

Deleted member 10972

8 very talented props:

Asotasi (Souths)
Moimoi (Eels)
Rapira (Warriors)
Hargreaves (Roosters)
Masoe (Roosters)
McKendry (Panthers)
Matulino (Warriors)
Packer (Warriors)

12 very talented backrowers:

Blair (Storm)
Mannering (Warriors)
Smith (Dragons)
Taia (Knights)
Harrison (Raiders)
Pritchard (Panthers)
Brown (Warriors)
Ta'ai (Warriors)
Manu (Storm)
Nuuausala (Roosters)
Eastwood (Rhinos)
Pettybourne (Souths)

I am a tad surprised that Justin Horo (Eels) and Bodene Thompson (Titans) didnt warrant selection, whilst Broncos and Roosters utilities respectively Alex Glenn and Joseph Leilua did, but regardless...that is some serious forward depth.

Alehana

Juniors
whats happened to hoffman? any news on his representative career? i noticed he didn't make the kiwis or aussies team, but we dont get that much league news out here

Tom155

Coach
1. Hohaia
2. Nightingale
3. Sau
4. Kenny-Dowall
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Harrison
12. Mannering
13. Taia

14. Brown
15. JWH
16. Masoe
17. Horo

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
1. Hohaia
2. Nightingale
3. Sau
4. Kenny-Dowall
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Harrison
12. Mannering
13. Taia

14. Brown
15. JWH
16. Masoe
17. Horo

Sau has been sh*t this season, Ropati should and will be picked before him.

Taia also has been pretty average this season, Mannering to lock and Brown into the starting line up, Frank Paul to the bench.

Drop Masoe for Sika Manu.

Drop Horo and throw Fien in as the utility.

Last edited:

Taniwha

Juniors
1) Hohaia
2) Vatuvei
3) Ropati
4) Sau
5) Kenny-Dowall
6) Foran
7) Marshall
8) Rapira
9) Luke
10) Asotasi
11) Blair
12) Harrison
13) Mannering

14) Waera-Hargreaves
15) Nu'uasala
16) Brown/Moi Moi (depending if they wanna go strength/versatilty)
17) Heremaia

Tom155

Coach
Sau has been sh*t this season, Ropati should and will be picked before him.

Taia also has been pretty average this season, Mannering to lock and Brown into the starting line up, Frank Paul to the bench.

Drop Masoe for Sika Manu.

Drop Horo and throw Fien in as the utility.
sau i agree with you taia you are wrong about though

andrew057

First Grade
sau i agree with you taia you are wrong about though

Taia really hasnt impressed me this season. After his knee injury in the ANZAC test he struggled big time for a few months. He got back to playing some decent footy towards the end of the season. But no where near his last seasons form or that of the footy some other NZ back rowers are playing.

Also I guess Blair will be a lock, even though he probably shouldnt be.

Fien should be halfback, Asotasi should be nowhere near the team, Perrett and Kenny-Dowall should form one half of the backline with Vatuvei and some other centre on the other.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Fien should be halfback, Asotasi should be nowhere near the team, Perrett and Kenny-Dowall should form one half of the backline with Vatuvei and some other centre on the other.

and leave out Williams? i think not. Trex and the Beast will be amongst the first picked.

Taniwha

Juniors
and leave out Williams? i think not. Trex and the Beast will be amongst the first picked.

na no way you'd put him ahead of Perrett, Nightingale or SKD. and no way can he be classed in the same calibre as the Beast. Hopefully Marshall at 6 and leuluai at 7.. Aussie struggles when we throw that random ESL player in. Hows Leeds treating Webb..?

Hench

Juniors
Off the top of my head...

1. Lance Hohaia
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Steve Matai
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Sam Perrett
6. Benji Marshall
7. Nathan Fien
8. Sam Rapira
9. Issac Luke
10. Russell Packer
11. Simon Mannering
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Adam Blair

14. Roy Asotasi
15. Frank Paul Nuuasala
16. Jared Waera-Hargreaves
17. Fui Fui Moi Moi

timka4

Bench
Bad Luck for Foran. However I would have Fien in the halfback role anyway.

Maybe Foran as halfback in a couple of years. But Fien would have to be the better organiser and half back wouldn't he?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think Ben Matulino should get a bench spot ahead of some of those named. Does the same job as JWH (who I fully expect will be picked) but hits harder and offers more on attack.

Coastbloke

Bench
Look, I know this isn't a popular point of view and I've withheld posting for a while now, but Fien isn't a Kiwi..ok.

Can we please stop putting him in Kiwi teams whether it be the Kiwi selectors or the LU posters..Please..

I mean, he played Origin..He is a QLDer..

Even Marshall was at least born on NZ..Cayless and Pritchard..OK, they were born in Australia, but none of them tried to proclaim they were rabid Blues or Maroons..They said were Kiwis and that's whom they played for...

Unfortunately the Kiwi options in the halves have now been limited, but if the choice is now Marshall, Leulei or Ben Roberts or whoever, then live with it..There's always 2011 or you can blood someone..

Just make do with what you have..

Latest posts