What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Train-on squad

Jesbass

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
Given that apparently ESL players are available, Webb will be a certainty for fullback won't he?

I suspect Perrett might be the unlucky one to miss out because of that. I'd also prefer Inu on the wing than centre at the moment. As unpopular as it this seems to be, I still reckon Mannering should be centre, with Tuiaki outside him, similar to the Mannering-Vatuvei combo. Then you could have Hape/Inu on the other side, very classy.

No sir. If Leeds get to the ESL Grand Final, Webb won't be playing in the October 14 test. (The ESL Grand Final is scheduled for October 13.)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Well then, Perrett for fullback imo, and keep the backline I selected (option to replace Mannering WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING CENTRE)

If they are playing I definitely think Inu wing, Perrett fullback- why mess with the positions where they have been starring.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
if cayless is injured we might see Bronson Harrison closer to the team, with his ability to off load, step and play second row and prop like Cayless

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Harrison would be in my starting 13 anyway.

Pritchard- ball runner
Anderson- worker/tackler
Harrison- off-loader

Nice balance imo

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Well then, Perrett for fullback imo, and keep the backline I selected (option to replace Mannering WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING CENTRE)

If they are playing I definitely think Inu wing, Perrett fullback- why mess with the positions where they have been starring.

not only positions, but remember combos they will have to form with others
We might not see perrett in the Aussie game, and with Inu's performance last test match i would say he would stay there, and have a more xperienced centre combo.

Matai should get one spot with grand final and test xperience

But once again there are so many options and combos

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Harrison would be in my starting 13 anyway.

Pritchard- ball runner (Garranted spot)
Anderson- worker/tackler (No way hosea! he gives away many penilties)
Harrison- off-loader (possible bench player to cover two positions)

Nice balance imo

Pritchard
J Smith (Mel)
Out of left field Utai, hardest ball runner

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Revelation 3:20 said:
not only positions, but remember combos they will have to form with others
We might not see perrett in the Aussie game, and with Inu's performance last test match i would say he would stay there, and have a more xperienced centre combo.

Matai should get one spot with grand final and test xperience

But once again there are so many options and combos

So....

Webb/Perrett
Tuiaki
Matai
Hape
Inu

That's a winner for mine

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
So....

Webb/Perrett
Tuiaki
Matai
Hape
Inu

That's a winner for mine

Yep thats pretty good - alsong as matai is fit - reports are that he has to pass a fitness test to play this week plus he already got injury issues. But he makes himself available you'd have to pick him.

If not Whatuira or mannering.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
Pretty damn exciting backline. If matai is ruled out I'd blood stanley presonally.

Im pretty sure he has already been penciled in to play for Junior Kiwi match. I'd rather blood him on tour - pommys and french would be much more appropriate - while Inu performed well he was a little older and even though he had play little first grade he had more experience including lots of PL and nz a.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
1.Webb
2.Inu
3.Stanley
4.Mannering
5.Covell
6.Roberts
7.Leulai
8.Asotasi
9.Faiumu
10.Cayless
11.Kidwell
12.Tuiaki
13.Smith

14.Solomona
15.Moi Moi
16.Pulutea
17.Pritchard

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Hopefully Matai does come out of this grand final injury free, can put on a hit that lifts the defense, also a powerful ball carrier.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
1.Webb
2.Inu
3.Stanley
4.Mannering
5.Covell
6.Roberts
7.Leulai
8.Asotasi
9.Faiumu
10.Cayless
11.Kidwell
12.Tuiaki
13.Smith

14.Solomona
15.Moi Moi
16.Pulutea
17.Pritchard

sorry covell - we have kris inu to kick goals but he also scores tries aswell.

Also both puletua arent in contention neither is solomona - they all have been ommitted from the train-on squad, they will be trying to align themselves to samoa.

JB

Juniors
KiWi_BoI_15 said:
Hopefully Matai does come out of this grand final injury free, can put on a hit that lifts the defense, quote]

Also, can put on a hit that can get him sent off. Pure speculation, but even if he does come through the GF, Manly will probably pull rank with the "off season op" he needs to have. I'd go with:

Webb/Inu
Tuaki
Inu/Whatuira
Matai/Hape
Stanley
Chase
Roberts
Asotasi
Halatau
Rapira
Pritchard
Smith
Mannering

Moimoi/Paleassina
N.Cayless
Eastwood
Luke

Jesbass

First Grade
mean_maori_mean said:
sorry covell - we have kris inu to kick goals but he also scores tries aswell.

Also both puletua arent in contention neither is solomona - they all have been ommitted from the train-on squad, they will be trying to align themselves to samoa.

Add to that, Webb isn't confirmed, either. He'll only play if Leeds fail to make the GF.

mean

Juniors
Menace said:
KiWi_BoI_15 said:
Hopefully Matai does come out of this grand final injury free, can put on a hit that lifts the defense, quote]

Also, can put on a hit that can get him sent off. Pure speculation, but even if he does come through the GF, Manly will probably pull rank with the "off season op" he needs to have.

Ever since I've known Matai, he's always got an injury. I'm not saying he's injury prone more or less he needs to get hard. After every tackle or hit up you can just about guarantee that he'll grab a body part.

But in saying that, he's one of the best hitters I've ever seen.

Menace said:
KiWi_BoI_15 said:

Also, can put on a hit that can get him sent off. Pure speculation, but even if he does come through the GF, Manly will probably pull rank with the "off season op" he needs to have. I'd go with:

Webb/Inu
Tuaki
Inu/Whatuira
Matai/Hape
Stanley
Chase
Roberts
Asotasi
Halatau
Rapira
Pritchard
Smith