What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights appoint Peter Parr as Director of Football

macavity

Referee
In order to share victories, the playing group might actually need to achieve something. Anything.

Have the boys been booed off at half/fulltime so far this year? There have been some truly woeful efforts and performances at home, but don’t recall it happening. Have supporters become apathetic?

supporters have stopped caring and in large part showing up. Big turn ups from opposition supporters as they expect a win.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Well at least we know Phil was not sitting on his hands while the on field performances were garbage. Now there is an argument that these players are soft and over provided for, and unless they show otherwise, that perception will stick. O’Brien and Parr could find a way out of this mess IF Adam lets Parr lead the way and trust in his experience. The fact his job seems safe under Gardner is counter productive to what he needs to find in himself to be a better coach.

Jono078

Referee
Well at least we know Phil was not sitting on his hands while the on field performances were garbage. Now there is an argument that these players are soft and over provided for, and unless they show otherwise, that perception will stick. O’Brien and Parr could find a way out of this mess IF Adam lets Parr lead the way and trust in his experience. The fact his job seems safe under Gardner is counter productive to what he needs to find in himself to be a better coach.
AOB knows he's on limited time now. He knows he has to make change to the standards he accepts.

Well, at least I hope he knows.

Actual coaching our playing style and getting players to know their roles is a whole other ball game that I'm just not sure he's up to, even though he's watched 4 grand finals.

Apey

Staff member
I see macavitys point but I'm also pretty tired of our player group's performances so my sympathy for them is very low. Time to act like first graders boys.

Jono078

Referee
I see macavitys point but I'm also pretty tired of our player group's performances so my sympathy for them is very low. Time to act like first graders boys.
Exactly this for me.

You could say they've had those lines of communication Macavity pointed out previously and this time Gardner said f**k it and went full ham on them.

It just sounds like a Newcastle thing too, players get blown up at and get offended and don't know how to respond because they've been questioned and challenged.

We just seem like such a soft mob.

Knight Tales

Juniors
AOB knows he's on limited time now. He knows he has to make change to the standards he accepts.

Well, at least I hope he knows.

Actual coaching our playing style and getting players to know their roles is a whole other ball game that I'm just not sure he's up to, even though he's watched 4 grand finals.
He knows now. Parr has removed the safety net by his presence and the power given to him.

Nuke

Staff member
In order to share victories, the playing group might actually need to achieve something. Anything.

Have the boys been booed off at half/fulltime so far this year? There have been some truly woeful efforts and performances at home, but don’t recall it happening. Have supporters become apathetic?
Pretty sure I could hear boos at the end of one of the more recent home-game thrashings.

I was at Marathon Stadium in about Round 4 1996 when the Knights, with lots of hope and expectation behind them, got done by Balmain who, let's say, weren't expected to do very well. Tigers won, Knights got booed off their own home ground. I read later on in Malcolm Reilly's book that it had a big effect on the players. Heads were down in the sheds, and they couldn't bring themselves to look up at the tv.

Something tells me that if the red-and-blue faithful were to boo them off MJS in 2022, it wouldn't bother them too much.

PhilGould

Bench

Newcastle Knights and high-performance manager Hayden Knowles part company​

"The [Klemmer] incident is understood to have placed pressure on Knowles' relationship with the playing squad and coaching staff. A mutual agreement was reached to part ways immediately."

Burwood

Bench
That’s crazy. As much as I love the guy, I was really hoping that Klemmer would be the one to make way, allowing us to bring a bit more balance to our roster next year.

Frederick

Staff member
That’s crazy. As much as I love the guy, I was really hoping that Klemmer would be the one to make way, allowing us to bring a bit more balance to our roster next year.
Knowles dug his own grave once he got the players offside. No coming back from that, no matter whether he was was or wrong

Knowles handled things poorly.
I reckon every social media post staff are to make should go through the Knights as part of a Social Media Policy.
Parr should be on top of that.

Jono078

Referee

Newcastle Knights and high-performance manager Hayden Knowles part company​

"The [Klemmer] incident is understood to have placed pressure on Knowles' relationship with the playing squad and coaching staff. A mutual agreement was reached to part ways immediately."
There really has to be a bigger story to it.

It can't just be Klemmer told him to piss off and he ran to the boss to dob on him. It just cant..

Knight Tales

Juniors
There really has to be a bigger story to it.

It can't just be Klemmer told him to piss off and he ran to the boss to dob on him. It just cant..
He mentions his reputation ie. He has been outed as average. Penrith have lost nothing since he left. In fact the look faster and fitter than ever.

He mentions his reputation ie. He has been outed as average. Penrith have lost nothing since he left. In fact the look faster and fitter than ever.
That was an issue I had with him.
He responded to the issue with Klemmer with all the raps on his reputation and how in demand he was instead of dealing with the issue in an amicable way.
It turned out to be about him instead of the club.

Burwood

Bench
Knowles now has the title of “Newcastle Knights High Performance Manager 2022” on his resume.

Killshot.

"So Mr Knowles, just a quick question regarding your employment history. We noticed that you listed having worked at the Gold Coast Titans, Sydney Roosters, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers and the NSW Blues over the past two decades, but you have a gap in your employment history in 2022. Why is that?"

"Umm, I took 12 months off to travel and didn't work during that time."