What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights are a myth

perverse

Referee
The Knighst have been punching above their weight all season under the excellent Rick Stone.

The one big draw back is Mullen. He needs some serious coaching and not just a bunch of old boys telling him how good he is. Fugg sake son. Put the trick kicks away and knuckle down. You're not a Joey clone - you're a Joey imitator. And a bad one at that.

Uncle Wayne will help him discover his mojo (Soward was very similar) and encourage him to play to his strengths (kick long, run fast) and put the rest of that useless, show boat shit in a the shipping container the Knights used to use for a change room.

Fugg he annoys me. Can only imagine what its like for Newcastle fans.
it's absolutely torturous.

Matt_B

Juniors
Time for Brisbane to expose this myth of a team that does not belong in finals contention.

The Knights have had a dream run this year, playing Sharks twice, Penrith twice, Raiders twice, Roosters twice, Eels twice and the Titans once. In fact the only top 8 team they've beaten this year is Dragons in round 17.

Knoughts fans, the facade is over.

Whether you are a Knights supporter or not, it will be interesting to see what happens under Wayne Bennett in 2012 with Andrew Johns helping out behind the scenes and some big changes in the player roster...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Knights won't even have Andrew Johns. We'll have Matty Johns. From most reports, he's the better coach/teacher.

I guarantee Knights will finish below Souths in 2012.

Spot On

Coach
The Knighst have been punching above their weight all season under the excellent Rick Stone.

The one big draw back is Mullen. He needs some serious coaching and not just a bunch of old boys telling him how good he is. Fugg sake son. Put the trick kicks away and knuckle down. You're not a Joey clone - you're a Joey imitator. And a bad one at that.

Uncle Wayne will help him discover his mojo (Soward was very similar) and encourage him to play to his strengths (kick long, run fast) and put the rest of that useless, show boat shit in a the shipping container the Knights used to use for a change room.

Fugg he annoys me. Can only imagine what its like for Newcastle fans.

You reckon Bennett can help? 100 first grade games under the belt has me very concerned that what you see is what you get no matter who the coach is. He needs a 'Johns' at halfback to do the directing and most of the kicking, passing, running etc you know general playmaking so that he doesn't have much pressure on him. That way he can concentrate on the things he does well. Which are ...........................??????? Not a lot lately. I have seen him kick well from time to time and lay the odd try on. These things are rare though.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knights won't even have Andrew Johns. We'll have Matty Johns. From most reports, he's the better coach/teacher.

I guarantee Knights will finish below Souths in 2012.
:lol: Really? We'll see.

The Knights are no sure things to finish below lol@50uff$ this year, let alone next year when we get one of the best coaches in the business, one of the best fullbacks in the comp, one of the best prop forwards in the comp (when he's on his game) amongst other improvements to our squad from this year.

Meanwhile, you'll be relying on an untried rookie halfback to steer your side around ...

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Which is more than balanced out by a far more talented squad.

1. Boyd >>>>>>> Merritt
6. Gidley < Inglis (don't particularly rate Inglis at 5/8, but i'll give you that)
7. Mullen > Reynolds?
9. Buderus = Luke (an in form Luke would win, but it seems rare these days. Buderus is more consistent and all-rounded imo)

Our wingers and centres are daylights better then yours........

Your forwards are a bit better, but we have guys like Snowden, Costigan, Taia, Fa'aoso, Houston, Tuimave, Edwards etc who make up a good pack, and can match any team on form.

So no, your squad is not 'far more talented'.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
:lol: You Knights fans are starting to sound as bad as Bunnies fans.

'Ah just wait til next year bro, we'll be sooo good'

Alex28

Coach
I would have thought that Souffs fans would have been through enough all these years to know not to get cocky and confident this time of the year...

It bites you in the arse EVERY YEAR. Will this year as well...

Apey

Staff member
:lol: You Knights fans are starting to sound as bad as Bunnies fans.

'Ah just wait til next year bro, we'll be sooo good'

One fan (JD) does not represent the rest of us... He probably thought we were going to win the premiership after 2 rounds..

Jobdog

Live Update Team
One fan (JD) does not represent the rest of us... He probably thought we were going to win the premiership after 2 rounds..
:lol:

Um, no. Try again :)

Didn't know I wasn't allowed to be excited about the changes going on at the Knights :crazy:

Last edited: