What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights in the World Cup

JFK Files

Juniors
KPP is an absolute freak, as mentioned earlier he is very raw but there aren’t many as gifted as he is, he can offload almost at will.
He usually played in the backrow on an edge, Knights have got a great signing for the future.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Pryce
Dom
KPP
Best
Gagai
KP
Brooks
Elliott
Hetherington
Friz
J Saf
Brails
DSaf

Would you be ok with this side in round 1 2023?

Bdubs

Juniors
KPP looks like Dom did when he 1st got here in 2021. Big athletic but with some work to do to tighten up his game

Would love to see him here early for 2023
KPP reminds me a little of Nanai in how he plays. He needs a bit more bulk on his frame to survive NRL though, so the earlier we can get him here the better

PhilGould

Bench
I get the connection of him being a big back-rower/centre with an offload but I think comparisons to SBW or even Nanai are setting the bar too high for when he shows up. He’s not nearly as powerful as young SBW yet or as dynamic a ball runner as Nanai.

Reckon his first pre-season here will be focused on adding a bit more weight while also having to deal with getting slogged in the Aussie heat for the first time. Expectation-wise I’d give him a bit of a runway like we saw with Dom’s first season compared to this season.

Yeah I'm not expecting him to get here and immediately have a breakout season, hence my comparison to Dom

Will be interesting to see if the club see him as a back rower or a centre. He can be great at either imo but I think we probably need him to progress more as a backrower given our current lack of strike in that position. We have a few young fellas coming through but they won't be even in the NRL squad until 2024.

Bloody hell the uncertainty over our 2023 squad is frustrating

Bdubs

Juniors
I get the connection of him being a big back-rower/centre with an offload but I think comparisons to SBW or even Nanai are setting the bar too high for when he shows up. He’s not nearly as powerful as young SBW yet or as dynamic a ball runner as Nanai.

Reckon his first pre-season here will be focused on adding a bit more weight while also having to deal with getting slogged in the Aussie heat for the first time. Expectation-wise I’d give him a bit of a runway like we saw with Dom’s first season compared to this season.
mate i wasn't saying he's as good as Nanai. He has a long way to go to be at Nanai's level and he will need at least one full pre season and season here before we know what we have.

I was simply saying the way he plays reminds me of Nanai

PhilGould

Bench
Women’s tournament kicked off this morning. Shanice Parker (centre) & Autumn-Rain Stephens Daly (five-eighth) are named for the Kiwi Ferns to play France at 4am tomorrow, followed by the Jillaroos with Caitlin Johnston (prop) & Yasmin Clydsdale (interchange) vs Cook Islands with Kiana Takairangi (lock) at 6:30.

Tevita Toloi from our Jersey Flegg squad joined Fiji as an injury replacement and made his debut off the bench during the week too.

PhilGould

Bench
England's semi-final vs PNG kicks off at 1:30am. Dom will play obviously. KPP is named in the squad but so are the 2 centres that were rested last week so he probably misses out.

Yosh

Coach
George Williams looking good. Any chance we throw Brooks' money at George?

mozza91

Coach
George Williams looking good. Any chance we throw Brooks' money at George?
Wasn’t he homesick at the Raiders? Was that a thing?

Canberra is a shithole though, so it’s definitely understandable.

Yosh

Coach
Wasn’t he homesick at the Raiders? Was that a thing?

Canberra is a shithole though, so it’s definitely understandable.
We have quite a contingent of English lads and maybe even our head coach will be English soon. Out of all the NRL clubs he should be most at home here.

George seems the perfect fit. Talented, experienced and will have a bit to prove. Probably only a pipe dream....

Dom trusted Watkins too much today. You'd think playing outside Gagai all year would have taught him not to overestimate his centres 1v1 ability

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I saw the highlights of that game and some of the tries scored down Dom's edge were concerning, not that they're all his fault but he probably could have made better defensive decisions which might have shut one or two of them down.

PhilGould

Bench
Caitlan Johnston (prop) & Yasmin Clydsdale (second-row) both named to start in the final. Autumn-Rain Stephens Daly is named on the wing for NZ, but Shanice Parker misses out due to injury.