What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights keen to sign Horo.

fish eel

Immortal
Youre missing the point.

The reason everyone is pissed off is because he wasnt re-signed much much earlier in the season.

I dont see how that matters

an offer was put to him, and he obviously came back to us because he had a better one, we then go someway to bridging the gap and he stays.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon his manager told Justin to back himself, delay decisions and watch his price rise as he puts in good performances. Looks like it worked.

cv8z

Juniors
Parramatta Eels re-sign Eric Grothe and Justin Horo

Parramatta have received recruitment boost ahead of tomorrow night’s must-win game against South Sydney, with the re-signing of Eric Grothe and Justin Horo today.
Grothe has knocked back an approach from the Bulldogs to extend his stay at Parramatta for a further year, while Horo rejected a handsome offer from Newcastle and will remain at the Eels until the end of 2013.
The club is set to make an official announcement tonight.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-justin-horo/story-e6frexni-1225910578692

mrpwnd

Bench
Wow, great news on Grothe.
Never should've left his signing this late, but i'm very happy he's staying for another 3 years.
I hope Parra learn from this and start rewarding all the Parra boys who love this club. Anyone else would've easily just upped and left.

fish eel

Immortal

Parramatta have received recruitment boost ahead of tomorrow night’s must-win game against South Sydney, with the re-signing of Eric Grothe and Justin Horo today.
Grothe has knocked back an approach from the Bulldogs to extend his stay at Parramatta for a further year, while Horo rejected a handsome offer from Newcastle and will remain at the Eels until the end of 2013.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-justin-horo/story-e6frexni-1225910578692

great news.

well done to all involved

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Yipeeeee

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Great to see Grothe will be back, Horo too.

So the Dogs offered him a contract, they seem to throw contracts at everyone these days.

bartman

Immortal
You offer what you think someone is worth and then negotiate upwards if necessary without going to high.

I thought you were all for not being held to ransom?
As has been pointed out, the issue is about how we didn't secure the signature of a top 17 player until less than two weeks before the end of the season. I don't believe Horo was holding out on us, or trying to get overs from us. Hopefully Morts will be the last Parra player to be re-signed for overs in that drawn out fashion.
How many players did we lose under the old management??
Heaps.

I don't recall you :crazy: back then.
Congratulations for making the most irrelevant post in the thread. :clap:

Do you have anything to add regarding the Horo situation, or do you run dry after trying to drag up the ghost of Fitzy by way of some excuse? :lol: (Not that it's relevant to the thread, but I actually voted majority 3P, if you're a bit slow.)

bartman

Immortal
Great to see an official announcement (or the next best thing, a Daily Tele article ;-)) regarding Horo, and great that Parra have signed him for the longer term (3 years). :clap:.

Jodeci, you were indeed on the money - I just wish we'd come across as more organised in the retention and recruitment department, plus announce things to the Members first, rather than the papers (hence my comment about not believing things until they were announced).

With Inu leaving, signing Grothe for one more year makes sense, and our first choice backs 1-5 (finally) look good for next year :thumb. I guess it's up to Eric if he wants to extend his career beyond 2011, and who he wants to extend it with...

foreel

Juniors
Yes, great news.
But well done? What for? For sitting on their asses for 24 weeks to re-sign people that should've been signed earlier?

You're making the assumption that the club was holding out on re-signing Horo, what if Horo was holding out on the club?

I think he just backed himself. Why with Shackleton's season ending injury in the first match of the year, he probably figured he was going to get plenty of match time to prove his worth, and it's worked out well for him, probably to the tune of 40 to 50 k extra per season. Well done to him, he deserves it.

mrpwnd

Bench
You're making the assumption that the club was holding out on re-signing Horo, what if Horo was holding out on the club?

I think he just backed himself. Why with Shackleton's season ending injury in the first match of the year, he probably figured he was going to get plenty of match time to prove his worth, and it's worked out well for him, probably to the tune of 40 to 50 k extra per season. Well done to him, he deserves it.
Okay then, fair enough on Horo, lack of knowledge on my part, I apologize.
What about Grothe then? True, he's injured atm, but if I assume he'd been open for the next bidder, why weren't we the first?
Before I hear Ozzie crying about us giving away players i'd at least like to see us putting in more smart efforts to keep them to start with...

fish eel

Immortal

People are clearly making their own judgements based on how they view the administration.

Me - I'm just happy to have them both under lock and key for next year.

mrpwnd

Bench
People are clearly making their own judgements based on how they view the administration.

Me - I'm just happy to have them both under lock and key for next year.
If our club learn nothing from this and fail at signings next year, your optimism might come and bite you hard in the ass.

Don't worry, I guess i've got my pants down ready for it to an extent.

parra pete

Referee
Expect the signing Quade Cooper to be the next BIG BIG Announcement...Maybe as early as next Wednesday. A Press conference will be called at 11 am...or so I have heard on the grapevine ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
If our club learn nothing from this and fail at signings next year, your optimism might come and bite you hard in the ass.

Don't worry, I guess i've got my pants down ready for it to an extent.

well people in the know around here have been saying Horo would stay for a while now. Once again, they've been on the money so it suggests to me that the club hasnt been 'sitting on their asses'.

well done to the club ad thanks to those who shared what they knew and were on the money.

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
well people in the know around here have been saying Horo would stay for a while now. Once again, they've been on the money so it suggests to me that the club hasnt been 'sitting on their asses'.

well done to the club ad thanks to those who shared what they knew and were on the money.

no worries

Latest posts