What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Yeah I couldn’t give a tinkler’s fig tbh. Souths have a worse record than us in lower grades & junior footy, but they bring some great, great players through into first grade. I’d swap with them in a second.

perverse

Referee
In 3 or 4 years time no one will care if we won or loss a Harold mats or SG ball GF, success will be measured in how many of that squad ultimately become decent first graders (most likely at the roosters or storm).
Oh you're so wrong. roopy will remember.

PhilGould

Bench
I had him and Jermaine McEwen at the top of the pile for our junior prospects. Has the ability to be a legitimate game changer. Given the reactions every time one of our fringe first grade level juniors (Meaney, Hosking, King etc) has a decent game elsewhere I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction if Ferguson kicks on.

aqua_duck

Coach
Very disappointing, not sure where he sees a chance to crack first grade in the south’s backline given Wighton and Graham will be their centres for the next 3 or 4 years at least

PhilGould

Bench
Short changing him quite a bit there, big kid yes but plenty of skill in his game already. Luckily we have an entire region of smaller local kids who try hard but will never be athletic enough for first grade to replace him.

Doesn't seem like we had much of a say in the matter either. The only way the pipe dream of being a self sustained development club is ever going to work is if we can hold onto the rare difference makers that pop up.

perverse

Referee
Short changing him quite a bit there, big kid yes but plenty of skill in his game already. Luckily we have an entire region of smaller local kids who try hard but will never be athletic enough for first grade to replace him.

Doesn't seem like we had much of a say in the matter either. The only way the pipe dream of being a self sustained development club is ever going to work is if we can hold onto the rare difference makers that pop up.
God it feels good to be one of the clubs that can't hang onto blokes we want to keep.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Newcastle should just grab Karapani from Souths.
He’s going to be way down the pecking order next season.
He has more upside than Maps, and he can play wing as well.

slotmachine

First Grade
Not really a surprise good players don't want to stick around the worst performed club of the last 20 years currently running in the bottom four.

If I had a talented kid wanting to make a career of league I'd advise them to sign at literally any other club than the knights except the tigers or dragons.

Does he though? Most of the games Ive seen him play he uses his size to muscle his way through contact which leads to an offload or him going through himself. Not seen him show much footwork or guile to beat his man which is whats needed at the top level as a centre

Dunno, maybe I missed the parts where he showed more as I dont get to see our pathways games all that much

PhilGould

Bench
NSW Cup on tv in 5 minutes

1. Bailey Hodgson
2. Laitia Moceidreke
3. Enari Tuala
4. Simi Sasagi
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Liam Sutton
7. Adam Clune (C)
8. Cooper Jenkins
9. Temple Kalepo